Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I thought she was amazing in Daredevil Season 2 but they really didn't use her properly in The Defenders. I think the whole "we need to go back to K'un-Lun" aspect was unnecessary. They needed to show (and not tell) why the Black Sky was important and what purpose it served. Especially after the confusing reference to it in Season 1. I think Sigourney Weaver's character should have been The Beast who was stuck in a dying body and had no way to get out so the Black Sky was the last way to keep The Hand from accomplishing the destruction of cities/the world. In the actual series, we just saw her be a little faster and a little stronger...

This line has been overused I think...
    Man, Sigourney as the Beast would have been so great. Speaking of the Beast, I hate that they alluded to a force/entity tied to bringing them back and then... did nothing with that.

@Thirteen: Even for the inconsistencies and poor treatment of the character's history, Elodie absolutely owned the role. And I'm not totally counting her out of the revival!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Great thread. I see I need to do a LOT of engagment/promotion for my blade thread cause of what you've put together here.

That being said. I can se you not using the "Queen of the Fist" title but wouldn't "Warrior of the Black sky" be a good epithet for here? Something less daredevil derivative?
    Other than that amazing job with the thread.
    I think the less said about Black Sky the better lol! Woman without Fear works right now for the role she's playing but hopefully she'll be getting her own identity back by the time the 2024 appreciation thread is set up.

No Savage Avengers solicit again in April. Looks like the book is definitely ending with issue #10.

Well damn

Hate that we're stuck with her just in DD

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Well damn

Hate that we're stuck with her just in DD
    Same. She's nothing but a proper now for Matt rather than the Co lead they keep trying to aye she is.

Welp, no Savage in solicits and the new Avengers book has been announced... let's cross our fingers for some other book for Elektra!

Welp, no Savage in solicits and the new Avengers book has been announced... let's cross our fingers for some other book for Elektra!
    I suppose there is a remote chance it could relaunch AGAIN to tie in with the relaunches of Avengers and the expected Uncanny Avengers. But I think losing the Conan license has derailed the book now and there is no real reason for it to exist once they get home from 2099.

I hadn't heard anything about a new Uncanny Avengers. And unlikely for her to pop up there, but that's a sometimes good book so I'm interested to see what it is

I hadn't heard anything about a new Uncanny Avengers. And unlikely for her to pop up there, but that's a sometimes good book so I'm interested to see what it is
    It's teased in this years FCBD https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...ider-man-venom
    Duggan did write her well when she guest starred in the last volume so I wouldn't mind him writing her again.

I can't believe I forgot the UA issues Elektra appeared in. Yeah, I wouldn't mind if Duggan took another crack at her - make her and Emma official teammates!

I can't believe I forgot the UA issues Elektra appeared in. Yeah, I wouldn't mind if Duggan took another crack at her - make her and Emma official teammates!
    Gave us this kick ass Elektra feat

Yes! Probably my favorite moment. Now that I'm remembering, I do love how she laughed off joining the UA crew and then went on to become a legacy member of an Avengers team anyway lol

Whilst we complain about Elektra being nothing but a glorified extra in the book, Marvel deem her contribution to be so important that she's now the co-lead of the tpb???.
    20230128_104859.jpg

Very interesting. I'll be less salty if we eventually get more quality Elektra content in the book, but right now this feels superficial

Preview for DD next week. Not expecting anything other than some decent action scenes

https://comic-watch.com/news/exclusi...in-daredevil-8