Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Preview for DD next week. Not expecting anything other than some decent action scenes

https://comic-watch.com/news/exclusi...in-daredevil-8
    I'm expecting the same. Elektra will tussle with that girl that got retconned into her origin story and there will be no mention of her past relationship with Frank because anything she did that doesn't involve Matt doesn't count anymore.

You're not wrong, but it's somehow even more disappointing.

I mean, side characters get more screentime and a better showing than the deadliest woman...

You're not wrong, but it's somehow even more disappointing.

I mean, side characters get more screentime and a better showing than the deadliest woman...
    I'm going to love reading this this afternoon.

BANNED
    http://www.fantomas-lives.com/fanto47.htm

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Whilst we complain about Elektra being nothing but a glorified extra in the book, Marvel deem her contribution to be so important that she's now the co-lead of the tpb???.
    Attachment 128980
    Actully DD has a history of Co-Staring

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEarth View Post
    Actully DD has a history of Co-Staring

We're talking about the actual contribution of Elektra as a co-star. I'm pretty sure Black Widow had a more substantial role throughout her Co-Star status, and notably, the monthly book was re-titled rather than just the trades.

Elektra had more to do before she was labeled co-star lol

I'm going to love reading this this afternoon.
    Yeah, "enjoy"!

Yeah, "enjoy"!
    Yeah another poor showing for Elektra. Only one whole page dedicated to her and that only involved her being stabbed. No internal narration, though Cole gets it for his pages? No mention again of her past relationship wth Frank. And Zdarsky once again rips off an old storyline, Elektra free a Dragon from the Hands influence in her last ongoing, but now its Matt doing it! Honestly, the quality of the story telling from an Elektra perspective has really nosedive post relaunch.

Yup. And I was pretty much skimming by the end, but why did Elektra even need the amulet (I know, we'll get more info in future issues)? I know writers don't have to follow each other, but we recently saw her wielding resurrection magic in Savage Avengers... did she really need to get stabbed to get something she already has some control over?

I swear we're masochists at this point haha

Amazing Member

Even though I am not really a fan of Elektra I like coming and looking at this thread because it’s a change of pace from the Daredevil community in general where this run is heaped with praise to the high heavens. I think it is actually super uninteresting and bad. Pretty, but bad.
    And yes Elektra was really emphasised going into this and really nothing has been done with her at all. She’s not my favourite love interest for Matt and I’ve never read her solo stuff but something should be done with her character to pull me in regardless.

And their “marriage” had all the gravitas and weight of a trip to get your drivers license renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
    Even though I am not really a fan of Elektra I like coming and looking at this thread because it’s a change of pace from the Daredevil community in general where this run is heaped with praise to the high heavens. I think it is actually super uninteresting and bad. Pretty, but bad.
    And yes Elektra was really emphasised going into this and really nothing has been done with her at all. She’s not my favourite love interest for Matt and I’ve never read her solo stuff but something should be done with her character to pull me in regardless.

And their “marriage” had all the gravitas and weight of a trip to get your drivers license renewed.
    If you're a Matt fan I suppose you could love it. The art probably elevates it a lot more than it should. No one seems to comment how Zdarsky is basically ripping off ideas from previous runs and putting a pretty Checcetto spin on them.

I think a lot of folks are just happy Matt is back in the spotlight, which is understandable

Whilst we complain about Elektra being nothing but a glorified extra in the book, Marvel deem her contribution to be so important that she's now the co-lead of the tpb???.
    Attachment 128980
    Can't say I love the Elektra logo in the Daredevil font. Makes it feel like she is not her own character. I like the juxtaposition/look of this more:

Amazing Member

If you're a Matt fan I suppose you could love it. The art probably elevates it a lot more than it should. No one seems to comment how Zdarsky is basically ripping off ideas from previous runs and putting a pretty Checcetto spin on them.
    Yeah I am reading it for Matt and I still don’t really care for it. You are correct it is very derivative of other runs so I am completely baffled when I see people saying things like “this run is doing things no one has done with Daredevil before”. Like yeah, sure. -_-

I feel bad for people like you guys who are eating it for Elektra because it is even worse. Like people have said, she’s a glorified extra atm.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Can't say I love the Elektra logo in the Daredevil font. Makes it feel like she is not her own character. I like the juxtaposition/look of this more:
    Agreed! That logo is just so... Elektra. I don't even mind the new logo they used for her mini. But seeing "Elektra" in that font makes for Kill Bill sirens in my brain

Yeah I am reading it for Matt and I still don’t really care for it. You are correct it is very derivative of other runs so I am completely baffled when I see people saying things like “this run is doing things no one has done with Daredevil before”. Like yeah, sure. -_-

I feel bad for people like you guys who are eating it for Elektra because it is even worse. Like people have said, she’s a glorified extra atm.
    I was really hoping Savage Avengers would lead to better things for the character.... still hoping!

Special Elektra variant cover for Daredevil #11 and press hype to tease what's to come for her in the coming months.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/02/14/el...variant-cover/