Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

This was a fantastic read. Expensive, but worth acquiring. For any longtime Grendel aficionados, the reveal of Johnny's last was the best Easter egg in a comic book that I've seen in years. You'd almost feel sorry for Hunter if he wasn't such a monster. Mat Wagner hasn't lost his touch.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    This was a fantastic read. Expensive, but worth acquiring. For any longtime Grendel aficionados, the reveal of Johnny's last was the best Easter egg in a comic book that I've seen in years. You'd almost feel sorry for Hunter if he wasn't such a monster. Mat Wagner hasn't lost his touch.
    I'd disagree with the "expensive" part. The price might initially seem high at $5.99, but when you consider the number of pages and how much of that was actually story, the price was definitely more than fair.
    (For example, Witchfinder: Mysteries of Unland #5 recently was 32 pages, but only 22 pages were of story, and that had a cover price of $3.50. Two issues like that would be 44 pages of story for $7.00, and GvsS is a dollar less than that.)

Mighty Member

Just read #3 and it was a great conclusion! This may be my favorite take on the Shadow ever. He wasn't too proud to well that would be telling. Also the art gave us IMO the best looking Margo Lane ever, characterized her well and respected 70+ years of her being a brunette! Unlike certain other books in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Just read #3 and it was a great conclusion! This may be my favorite take on the Shadow ever. He wasn't too proud to well that would be telling. Also the art gave us IMO the best looking Margo Lane ever, characterized her well and respected 70+ years of her being a brunette! Unlike certain other books in recent years.
    Between this and the Wagner-written Shadow Year One ten issue series from Dynamite, we've had a good run of Shadow material.

(If only Wagner was doing more with the character in the future!)

Mighty Member

I've never read Grendel but I have to give Wagner credit for the way this ended. As in someone was lucky to be alive.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    I've never read Grendel but I have to give Wagner credit for the way this ended. As in someone was lucky to be alive.
    You need to read Grendel.