Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This was better than i thought it would be. Loved the scenes with wanda and pietro and his reaction to her putting a spell on him to know his true thoughts it was absolutely priceless. The expressions here were great and the color was on point. Orlando did a great job of leading the story and just when i felt like wanda was being too cocky or overcompensating she was hit with "remember" and i thought "okay now we got real" and i love how she handled it because she has processed these things and truly moved beyond them. I also like the concept of the door and someone at their lowest walking through it as it makes such an easy vehicle for wanda to connect to anyone at anytime, like what if thanos knocked on the door, or doom. lol. On the flip i think the book store actually works as a good back drop as well and could easily see this as a show or something where wanda is hiding out in a small town running a magic shop/ book store and having big adventures based on whoever walks through the door. very convenient but given wanda and her power it also doesn't feel lazy.

Pietro is one step closer to being back to a mutant, his speed isn't magical, i know a reach by why not. Looking forward to seeing Wanda interact with Viv and i actually really love wanda's voice in this. She doesn't come off sounding all matyrdom or above it all because she literally got the vengeance did all those things those people wanted to do and then some and didn't try to stop them but she did tell them she did all those things and it made her feel no better. so i appreciated she let them make a choice and didn't try to infringe herself on them other than speaking her truth.

And i absolutely loved the powerpuff girl/ Starfire hair cloak trail.

Great first issue.

Some of my fave panels.

Attachment 128051
    Attachment 128052
    Attachment 128053
    Thanks for the panels. The art looks GORGE.

Is the italian woman's name actually Jarnette ? Because that name does NOT exist in Italy.

BANNED

why is the pretender being discussed here as if she is proper royalty

sounds like a great book. the art is gorgeous. I'm still not over Rick Remender's dialogues he has written for Wanda during his run, so I still really dislike Wanda as a character FOREVER. But this entire set-up with the "door" and all is really cute and could work for her. I cannot stop to talk about how amazing the art is to me. Why is it wasted on Wanda's book though?

On a different note, I hope that Rift is aware that he is probably the reason why Hellion will never return in a more prominant role in any x-books ever. You are just so damn hilarious!! If any author at Marvel enjoys your desperated plea for Hellion's central return to the pages, as much as I do, he will NEVER EVER return besides being wallpaper! :-p
    Last edited by Exodus; 01-05-2023 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I could have done with Darcy ever making it into comics, but that may be due to my negative reaction to 'Two Broke Girls' -- one of the worst series I've ever seen on TV.
    I have never seen so much heresy in one post.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I liked Wanda basically claiming Viv as her daughter.
    There are actually people that are mad about it because Wanda already has two kids and they would like to see more on that front. That's actually fair and reasonable but I don't think it either has to be one or the other. There is enough room for both and it's not like the Viv - Wanda relationship was really explored much before.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Not seeing this as an X-book, sorry.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by emfrst View Post
    I really hope they put her back on the Avengers someday, then her fans will be happy and the X-Books can start insulting her again. Win-win.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Already posted in the Marvel thread, but I surprisingly enjoyed this. The premise is interesting, the plot was mostly set up but it was well done, the characterization was good and I loved the dynamic between Wanda and Pietro. The art was stunning. Looking forward the next issue and seeing Polaris in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Thanks for the panels. The art looks GORGE.

Is the italian woman's name actually Jarnette ? Because that name does NOT exist in Italy.
    Jarnette herself isn't from Italy, her wife is. She moved to her wife's hometown, her wife's name is Rocca.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Interested in where he will be going with that. I mean Darcy entered through the Last Door but Wanda doesn't know why and then she just decided to work for Wanda? Hmm....

Also anybody else interested in a Corruptor lawn ornament?
    She could be keeping tabs on her for a third party. McKay created WAND- Shield's magic division for Doctor Strange. She could be an agent of WAND assigned to keep Wanda under surveillance.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-05-2023 at 04:48 PM.

Spectacular Member

I don't think of this book as an X-book. Carol's connection to X-Men is no doubt deeper than Wanda's, but few people go around saying Carol is an X-Men character.

When Wanda and X-Men appear in the same story, there are usually only three things: 1. Wanda hurts X-Men (HOM). 2. Wanda uses X-Men to show how powerful she is (AVX, TOM) 3. When Wanda's writers couldn't think of a story to write for this character, they would introduce X-Men characters into her story (which would take place in later issues of this book, poor Ororo and Lorna).
    Last edited by PotniaTheron; 01-05-2023 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    She could be keeping tabs on her for a third party. McKay created WAND- Shield's magic division for Doctor Strange. She could be an agent of WAND assigned to keep Wanda under surveillance.
    An interesting angle and quite honestly you couldn't even blame them but since we are talking about authorities they would sooner or later do something stupid.
    "This is me being reasonable"

I'm hoping she does cross paths with Legion of X or her time in Strange Academy was explored.

Quote Originally Posted by emfrst View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Not seeing this as an X-book, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    I don't think of this book as an X-book. Carol's connection to X-Men is no doubt deeper than Wanda's, but few people go around saying Carol is an X-Men character.
    Hey, without her, we wouldn't have had the Helix ship.

While it's not a Krakoa book, or even a mutant book, I feel like it's relevant. We'll likely see more stuff that's relevant to mutants in some way in future books. It could easily divert from this, and at that point it wouldn't be worth X-fans' attention. But at this time, I think it's something to keep an eye out for.

Like next issue probably won't get a review from me, since it seems to have no X-ties. But we know Polaris and she'll be playing a role for at least one issue, and a lot of us have been dying to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    On a different note, I hope that Rift is aware that he is probably the reason why Hellion will never return in a more prominant role in any x-books ever. You are just so damn hilarious!! If any author at Marvel enjoys your desperated plea for Hellion's central return to the pages, as much as I do, he will NEVER EVER return besides being wallpaper! :-p
    You say that, BUT Hellion got three cameos last year. Which is triple the amount of cameos he got the year before. There's a chance that my heart has connected with Marvel, if only a little bit.
    Last edited by Rift; 01-05-2023 at 07:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Not that I didn’t like it, but the story felt some sort of..

„As seen like in dozens young adults/teenager Netflix witch and/or witchcraft/mystery shows before.“

Wanda and Pietro have always danced back and forth between the X and Avengers books. I don't see any reason they shouldn't keep doing it. As for the book, I loved it. The art was great, the writing was sharp, and I love the cozy mystery feel of it and the way it was basically a huge nod to Wandavision. I can't wait for the next issue.

I don't know if it was a nod or having Wanda mock what the show did.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.