Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's also an arc for her because could she be a teacher? Is she a bad one at first? Most if the faculty aren't teachers by trade so there was a learning curve. Plus one of her students could pop up as a case of the week story.
    The more I think about it, the more I want it. It goes really well with some of her other appearances too like teaching Doyle who also has to fight with his memories and feelings or where she told Billy that he should embrace his power and he should see the beauty in it. Makes sense she wants to help people who have to fight the same struggles she did. I also think that would make her a decent teacher because she wouldn't be like a stereotypical professor who only blabbers about theoretical knowledge from books or something but about actual real-life experience.

It's a play on her WandaVision appearance without being a rethread.

It wouldn't be a superhero story if they were sensible. Lol.
    Ah. Know I see where you are going with that but it depends on the execution for me because I feel it could almost be a bit too meta otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post

w/the 2 MOST (in)FAMOUS,
    shown here in the middle!!

Will likely be back ASAP to gush some more, and highlight my favorite bits, as THIS EASILY...
    joins DARK 🕸️ & the 🔥🔱HELLFIRE Gala🔱🔥 in having FED this fan...
    the most ENJOYABLE NOURISHMENT 2 FEAST UPON, over the past yr or so❗❗
    Might be controversial to some but I love Goth Wanda and since X-Men Evolution also introduced X-23 I can definitely say that the show did right by me

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Conjuring Dauterman drawing interiors alternating with Pichelli NOW.
    Does he actually do interior art anymore? I only see him doing covers now. I remember him on the Mighty Thor run and oh yes that was a gorgeous comic too so if he decides to give it a whirl again I would totally be up for it.
    "This is me being reasonable"

I'd be ok with her being on Duggan's X-men run.
    It would certainly be nice. She’s been with the Brotherhood and was an Avenger. Would be nice to see her as a member of the X-Men especially since she’s the only one of Magneto’s children who hasn’t been on an X-team.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I want it. It goes really well with some of her other appearances too like teaching Doyle who also has to fight with his memories and feelings or where she told Billy that he should embrace his power and he should see the beauty in it. Makes sense she wants to help people who have to fight the same struggles she did. I also think that would make her a decent teacher because she wouldn't be like a stereotypical professor who only blabbers about theoretical knowledge from books or something but about actual real-life experience.

Ah. Know I see where you are going with that but it depends on the execution for me because I feel it could almost be a bit too meta otherwise.

Might be controversial to some but I love Goth Wanda and since X-Men Evolution also introduced X-23 I can definitely say that the show did right by me

Does he actually do interior art anymore? I only see him doing covers now. I remember him on the Mighty Thor run and oh yes that was a gorgeous comic too so if he decides to give it a whirl again I would totally be up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It would certainly be nice. She’s been with the Brotherhood and was an Avenger. Would be nice to see her as a member of the X-Men especially since she’s the only one of Magneto’s children who hasn’t been on an X-team.
    It's a way to pay off her life story. Strange Academy should be training their students on how to deal with an abnormal life. And that is something you could learn better from people who lived one.

I rather not see WandaVision adapted because it's more of a limited premise. It would work for a miniseries than an ongoing. I just meant they could play off her status as a SWORD operative by having her work for WAND. It's tricky using her outside if Thor because she's a minor character to me. She existed as Jane's sidekick so I'm surprised she didn't pop up in Jane's solo. Selvig popped in Captain America but not with Thor or Jane lol.

Wanda being on the X-men would feel new and a way to heal the rift of her being called the Pretender. But Legion of X would be my ideal pick because I ship her and Kurt.

BANNED

By the end of the 2nd season & everything thereafter, I felt the show had really matured & come into its own, successfully setting itself apart from the previous TAS in the process. In fact, I found those later seasons pretty spectacular, and superior to TAS in some ways. They took more liberties in their approach as an adaption, versus the more direct, translation-like technique(s) of its predecessor. Same goes for WatXM, its interpretation was more of a distinct departure, from established comics lore.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Unlike Pietro, I'm not afraid to admit that I was...

VERY IMPRESSED❗❗

It felt FRESH & UNIQUE, with the BEST & MOST FAITHFUL VERSIONS of these characters that I've seen, in recent memory. LOVED the new setup & status quo for Wanda! The writing, the art, EVERYTHING, was TOP-SHELF Marvel!

In a hurry, but having only read the comments on this last pg. so far...

THANK YOU for saying this, and to those who echoed similar sentiments.

May I add, more than half her animated appearances have been in the X-Men's 'toons:

w/the 2 MOST (in)FAMOUS,
    shown here in the middle!!

Will likely be back ASAP to gush some more, and highlight my favorite bits, as THIS EASILY...
    joins DARK 🕸️ & the 🔥🔱HELLFIRE Gala🔱🔥 in having FED this fan...
    the most ENJOYABLE NOURISHMENT 2 FEAST UPON, over the past yr or so❗❗
    I'm a little out of it on theraflu right now but the door is just very intriguing to me. Like it would be cool of on the full moon or once a month someone in the waiting room were able to find out on a particular day of the month this door becomes available and usually mutants who use it end up resurrected. lol. I don't know it could be a nice introduction and exploration of it if once and awhile some of the souls wanda saved made their case for being pushed up into the resurrection queue and also add an element of sometimes the dead can speak for themselves.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Thanks for the panels. The art looks GORGE.

Is the italian woman's name actually Jarnette ? Because that name does NOT exist in Italy.
    She’s not Italian, she lives in Italy with her Italian native wife.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I'm hoping she does cross paths with Legion of X or her time in Strange Academy was explored.
    This would be great. I really want to see Wanda interact with more mystical characters that isn’t depicted as a negative, or adversarial role. Maybe have someone in the same vein as Hazmat in the Captain Marvel book.

Also-Billy & Tommy, & their relationship with Wanda is going to be happening in this book, so there’s that to look forward to.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I don't think he does and I don't know why and I don't want to bother him by asking but I wish he did at least a mini again. Or as I said alternate arcs.
    If Wanda and Emma end up in Uncanny Avengers, maybe I will agree to make the art ?

I don't see Wanda as a teacher, myself. I admit I haven't read most of her, but from what I remember from West Coast or other appearances, she is quite impulsive has NO patience (which makes for a fun character but a loosy teacher). Maybe I'm wrong though, Strange Academy is on my reading list.

It's a way to pay off her life story. Strange Academy should be training their students on how to deal with an abnormal life. And that is something you could learn better from people who lived one.

I rather not see WandaVision adapted because it's more of a limited premise. It would work for a miniseries than an ongoing. I just meant they could play off her status as a SWORD operative by having her work for WAND. It's tricky using her outside if Thor because she's a minor character to me. She existed as Jane's sidekick so I'm surprised she didn't pop up in Jane's solo. Selvig popped in Captain America but not with Thor or Jane lol.

Wanda being on the X-men would feel new and a way to heal the rift of her being called the Pretender. But Legion of X would be my ideal pick because I ship her and Kurt.
    Wait. Darcy Lewis already appeared in Thor comics? I remember there being headlines about how she is making her comics debut in Scarlet Witch #1.

Wait. Darcy Lewis already appeared in Thor comics? I remember there being headlines about how she is making her comics debut in Scarlet Witch #1.
    I'm joking that she nor Selvig popped up in Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    This would be great. I really want to see Wanda interact with more mystical characters that isn’t depicted as a negative, or adversarial role. Maybe have someone in the same vein as Hazmat in the Captain Marvel book.

Also-Billy & Tommy, & their relationship with Wanda is going to be happening in this book, so there’s that to look forward to.
    Apparently she and Dr. Voodoo are in a relationship or had one. So he'd be a good choice.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-07-2023 at 10:49 AM.

I don't think he does and I don't know why and I don't want to bother him by asking but I wish he did at least a mini again. Or as I said alternate arcs.
    If Wanda and Emma end up in Uncanny Avengers, maybe I will agree to make the art ?

I don't see Wanda as a teacher, myself. I admit I haven't read most of her, but from what I remember from West Coast or other appearances, she is quite impulsive has NO patience (which makes for a fun character but a loosy teacher). Maybe I'm wrong though, Strange Academy is on my reading list.
    It really depends on the era for her. Because West Coast like AD/HoM were her unstable moments, but she's had many more where she is stable and level-headed. I think it depends on if she's herself or being manipulated, possessed, etc.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I'm joking that she nor Selvig popped up in Thor.
    I mean honestly WandaVision Darcy is probably best role she had so far. It's not like her Thor appearances were really noteworthy and the movies themselves don't quite have the best reputation either which is why Ragnarok had such a drastic change in tone.

Apparently she and Dr. Voodoo are in a relationship or had one. So he'd be a good choice.
    I remember this already coming up in the Wanda thread but I honestly don't see that relationship having any future. At least romantically and honestly I don't want her in a relationship either right now. Maybe later but not right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm a little out of it on theraflu right now but the door is just very intriguing to me. Like it would be cool of on the full moon or once a month someone in the waiting room were able to find out on a particular day of the month this door becomes available and usually mutants who use it end up resurrected. lol. I don't know it could be a nice introduction and exploration of it if once and awhile some of the souls wanda saved made their case for being pushed up into the resurrection queue and also add an element of sometimes the dead can speak for themselves.
    Oh, that suX, I...
    hope ya feel better soon. I LOVE this idea of connecting...

to that transcendent, Krakoan safe space she CREATED...

for all those dearly departed mutants.

AND your story beat about some souls residing there being more eager to return than others, for reasons they're ready to plead & prove. That desire to truly LIVE again is a nice twist on The Crucible's OG intentions, too, in a way. There's a nice flavor of incorporate redemption for Wanda that's entirely additive, as well. The soft supernaturalness of it works wonderfully also, providing that slight, ever-present eeriness you'd want & eXpect from a Scarlet Witch book. Besides, you're right, beyond all that the 'W Rm.' does need to be eXplored & developed A LOT more... so we can FINALLY LEARN what in the hell it even really is! YEAH, your idea(s) definitely sound as good or better, than any I've seen so far.

https://www.tiktok.com/@sharonsromanoff/video/7117160232601636123?is_from_webapp=v1&item_id=7117 160232601636123
    you’re just as much his daughter as i am.” #wandamaximoff #lornadane #polaris #scarletwitch #marvel #marvelcomics #gratielabrancusi #victoriapedretti
    original sound - yesha

Nebermind.

I lost my train of thought.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-08-2023 at 07:54 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yeah like....who cares? Like not to be a bitch but people do realize they can just....not enter a thread that doesn't interest them, right? Is the presence of an extra review thread a month, for the sake of anyone who is interested in talking about the current stories of a character with significant ties to a number of mutants like.....really a capital P Problem that requires teh discourse to resolve?

For X-fans who like Wanda, consider her mutant-adjacent enough (or inevitably due to be remutated at some point in the future, lol) that they want to talk about her book, which also happens to be written by an X-writer known for sprinkling all kinds of deep cuts and associations into his works and thus likely to draw upon Wanda's extensive history with mutants - like, a thread about her latest issue is interesting and more appealing in an X-forum than the Marvel forum version of the same thread. For X-fans who don't like Wanda or consider her 'mutant-related enough' to be an X-book, just.....stick to the dozens of other threads in the forum, this isn't a zero sum game? LOL.
    The pretender always worms her way back to mutantdom when she cannot cut it as a solo witch

Sorry, but, just because u showed up occasionally in x-books, like Dr. Doom or Galactus or Thanos, 2 maimed, annihilated, and tortured mutants, it does not mean u r a proper mutant attache. You r not even a mutant anymore, I don't know even know what the f u r these days.

That waiting room u "created" is only a tiny reprise for what u did, witch