Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Except that Beast was the only person who didn't die after being exposed to her powers.
    This is true, but one could see that as an indication she hadn't fully mastered her powers yet. i mean, she needed years of learning genetics just to do what she did... what if she knew more?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    This is true, but one could see that as an indication she hadn't fully mastered her powers yet. i mean, she needed years of learning genetics just to do what she did... what if she knew more?
    Presumably all mutants could all survive being exposed to her powers, as it was stated that the X-gene would let them survive the changes she makes. Its just Beast is the only mutant she ever used her power on, on-panel, though she originally targeted Bobby, again due to the fact that she thought her powers wouldn't burn him out the way they do other people.

But there's definitely more to her powers than just genetic mutation - actually it seemed like her powers could enact molecular changes in inorganic AND organic matter, she just focused on genetics because her father was a geneticist and it was her area of study. But she also used her powers to affect Ship's structure, despite Ship being wholly inorganic Celestial tech, explicitly designed without any of the bio-organic metals or tech that Apocalypse infused himself and Warren with.

The recent Wasp comic saw the return of Whirlwind, an old ant-man villain and creepy stalker of Jan. He does not appear much in X-Men comics because, as you can guess, he's more on the Avengers territory. But, in any case, it's a mutant who clearly has not moved to Krakoa and stayed in the US being a villain. Which is the Krakoan policy about guys like him? Do they let him be, and leave him to his fate if his actions lead to him being jailed? Or do they police all mutants worldwide to make sure they all behave themselves? Can Jan leave the defeated Whirlwind at the Treehouse and count on the X-Men to drop him into the pit or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    The recent Wasp comic saw the return of Whirlwind, an old ant-man villain and creepy stalker of Jan. He does not appear much in X-Men comics because, as you can guess, he's more on the Avengers territory. But, in any case, it's a mutant who clearly has not moved to Krakoa and stayed in the US being a villain. Which is the Krakoan policy about guys like him? Do they let him be, and leave him to his fate if his actions lead to him being jailed? Or do they police all mutants worldwide to make sure they all behave themselves? Can Jan leave the defeated Whirlwind at the Treehouse and count on the X-Men to drop him into the pit or something?
    Whirlwind also appeared in the X-Men Annual, where Firestar and Cyclops took him down. A data page in that issue said that he had not accepted amnesty on Krakoa and Sage's recommendation was that he be left as "an Avengers problem". The approach seemed to be that he wasn't worth the effort because he was a low-level villain.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Presumably all mutants could all survive being exposed to her powers, as it was stated that the X-gene would let them survive the changes she makes. Its just Beast is the only mutant she ever used her power on, on-panel, though she originally targeted Bobby, again due to the fact that she thought her powers wouldn't burn him out the way they do other people.

But there's definitely more to her powers than just genetic mutation - actually it seemed like her powers could enact molecular changes in inorganic AND organic matter, she just focused on genetics because her father was a geneticist and it was her area of study. But she also used her powers to affect Ship's structure, despite Ship being wholly inorganic Celestial tech, explicitly designed without any of the bio-organic metals or tech that Apocalypse infused himself and Warren with.
    Yeah, the descriptions of her powers are... vague. but... not seemingly just DNA.

Amy Brewer/Autopsy

Martin Henry Strong and Freddy

Sharon King - depowerd Xavier Institute mutant

Astonishing Member

Elizabeth Guthrie aka Amazon.

No, no, hear me out. She counts. Like everybody probably knows OF her as one of the offscreen Guthrie siblings, but she was like, featured as a character in the Factor X comic during the original AOA event. She had size-changing powers and could grow to giant size, and since other characters who were created for the AOA universe (like Damask) got 616 versions after the AOA event ended, and because technically speaking, a 616 version of Elizabeth Guthrie already EXISTED, and presumably just hadn't manifested her powers yet in this universe, but otherwise was around Paige's age, or at least somewhere between Paige and Jay....for awhile, it was pretty commonly assumed by a lot of readers that Elizabeth Guthrie was going to be the next Guthrie to be added to one of the next generations of young X-Men. Like it would be a regular question at cons, "when are we going to see Amazon show up in the X-books," that sort of thing.

But despite the foundation for Elizabeth Guthrie aka Amazon as a giant, size-shifting mutant closer to the older Guthrie siblings in age than the younger ones.....writers over the past twenty-five years have just gone....nah, and skipped over her time and again as Jay, Jeb and Melody all debuted as mutants in the 616 universe and still no sign of her, loooool. Awkward.

Like it seriously is hilarious that there's actually MORE content of Elizabeth Guthrie as an active participant in stories than there is for BOTH Jeb and Melody combined - its just....all from AOA stories, the original series and then the revisitation to the AOA universe on its ten year anniversary. Literally all we know about Jeb is he shoots lightning or some energy out of his eyes, and Melody flies with some vague mentions here and there about her having a flight aura that can let anyone around her fly, not just herself....

But like, Amazon has the most fight scenes of the Guthries after Cannonball, Husk and Icarus, but we still don't even know if she's actually a mutant in this reality lmao.

Ultimate Member

No, no, hear me out. She counts. Like everybody probably knows OF her as one of the offscreen Guthrie siblings, but she was like, featured as a character in the Factor X comic during the original AOA event. She had size-changing powers and could grow to giant size, and since other characters who were created for the AOA universe (like Damask) got 616 versions after the AOA event ended, and because technically speaking, a 616 version of Elizabeth Guthrie already EXISTED, and presumably just hadn't manifested her powers yet in this universe, but otherwise was around Paige's age, or at least somewhere between Paige and Jay....for awhile, it was pretty commonly assumed by a lot of readers that Elizabeth Guthrie was going to be the next Guthrie to be added to one of the next generations of young X-Men. Like it would be a regular question at cons, "when are we going to see Amazon show up in the X-books," that sort of thing.

But despite the foundation for Elizabeth Guthrie aka Amazon as a giant, size-shifting mutant closer to the older Guthrie siblings in age than the younger ones.....writers over the past twenty-five years have just gone....nah, and skipped over her time and again as Jay, Jeb and Melody all debuted as mutants in the 616 universe and still no sign of her, loooool. Awkward.

Like it seriously is hilarious that there's actually MORE content of Elizabeth Guthrie as an active participant in stories than there is for BOTH Jeb and Melody combined - its just....all from AOA stories, the original series and then the revisitation to the AOA universe on its ten year anniversary. Literally all we know about Jeb is he shoots lightning or some energy out of his eyes, and Melody flies with some vague mentions here and there about her having a flight aura that can let anyone around her fly, not just herself....

But like, Amazon has the most fight scenes of the Guthries after Cannonball, Husk and Icarus, but we still don't even know if she's actually a mutant in this reality lmao.
    I'm still wondering what Jeb's power actually is. We saw him create a blue energy lightning/plasma/fire-thingie on someone's arm, but it caused no damage and there was no indication if it was actual harmless energy discharge, an illusion, a mental projection or something even more esoteric.

But yeah, Amazon sounds fun. I don't remember if she could shrink as well as grow, like Tower, or just grow (itself a fairly awesome power, thanks to science and the cube-square law, which means that for an object to double in size, it octuples in weight, which means, to function at 12 ft. tall like a 6 ft. person, a size-changer has to be *eight times* as strong and durable, with skin like hard wood, and at 60 ft. tall (10x size), they'd need to be *one thousand times* as strong and tough, up there with people like Thor and the Hulk! A serious heavy-hitter, like Colossus, but with the drawback of requiring a ton of space to get to full power, and limited when forced to operate in buildings or caverns or city streets or around a bunch of squishy civilians she could accidentally step on!

Extraordinary Member

I have wanted her to be shown with her power in 616...but I think it would be very interesting if she was an anti-Krakoan mutant. Especially considering all her siblings who are on the island.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

I often wonder if i'm the only person who remembers this character existed.
    I guess so. Who is that?

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I guess so. Who is that?
    Corben https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Corben_(Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Thanks I am really disappointed I am just finding out about this thread!! Someone mentioned Madame Lefarge making an appearance and I agree 100%. Also, whatever happened to Lourdes Chantel??? She shows up for a story that never really got told.

Miguela Torres!! If she is influential enough to be a gang leader. Imagine what she could do. I would like to see her working closely with Emma.
    miguela.jpg
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 01-23-2023 at 06:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Thanks I am really disappointed I am just finding out about this thread!! Someone mentioned Madame Lefarge making an appearance and I agree 100%. Also, whatever happened to Lourdes Chantel??? She shows up for a story that never really got told.
    She just showed up in Captain America. She brought Emma to Steve to do some telepathic investigation into Steve's (and others) minds.

Miguela Torres!! If she is influential enough to be a gang leader. Imagine what she could do. I would like to see her working closely with Emma.
    miguela.jpg

Why would she want anything to do with Krakoa...it would mean giving up her gang and all the power and money that brings her.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    She just showed up in Captain America. She brought Emma to Steve to do some telepathic investigation into Steve's (and others) minds.

Why would she want anything to do with Krakoa...it would mean giving up her gang and all the power and money that brings her.
    A good writer can make anything happen for a good reason.