Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    If a group of time-traveling mutants from the future came to our present to prevent some such awful event or baddie -- which FIVE (limiting it to five)-- mutant YOUTHS would you like to comprise that team?

For me, I would enjoy a mix of Wind Dancer, Indra, Cipher, Hindsight and Leech.
    Hellion, Trance, Indra, Surge and let's add Quill as he was never really used.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

If a group of time-traveling mutants from the future came to our present to prevent some such awful event or baddie -- which FIVE (limiting it to five)-- mutant YOUTHS would you like to comprise that team?

I'd have to say...Anole, Match, Wind Dancer, Cipher, and DJ

Wind Dancer, Surge, Elixir, Dust/Pixie, Prodigy. As much as I love Hellion, he's going to sacrifice himself in the future to help the others get away. That's just his role.

Prodigy would be the leader and would be constantly analyzing the risks. I could see him being more cynical and butting heads with Wind Dancer, because she's more optimistic, and he doesn't want to leave anything to chance, hopes or emotions. He wants to do everything he can to make things right, no matter what. Not "Biship wanting to kill a baby" extreme, but more like, "I have no sympathy for those who intentionally hurt our friends and ruined our lives."

Elixir's there to keep important people alive, and maybe flex how much his powers have grown. He could have grown a lot as a person, so this would be an opportunity to show how different he's become since New Mutants vol 2.

Dust/Pixie is the token sweet, gentle character who lost hope and is now angsty and cynical.

Surge is the primary fighter of the group. As usual, her emotions run high and she's out to avenge all her fallen friends.

Wind Dancer is the one who's looking for a solution that helps everyone. If they're stopping a baddie, her plan is to try and redeem them, so no one has to die. If it's an event, she's considering multiple angles and looking for connections to get everyone working together.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Fokken! Your question was asked on the Steve Foxe episode of Homo Superior podcast at around 48:50:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000630679270

Mercury was mentioned, Wither was considered for Dark X-Men. Hellion was of course mentioned and Rift's efforts were once again highlighted.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The New X-Men would come from the future to get rid of traitors who infiltrated Krakoa .
    1. Rockslide. (to personnally destroy the pretender who will be revealed to be a puppet of the traitors' master)
    2. Tag (with a lot of weapons and new applications to his power)
    3. Karasu Tengu (using her telepathy and assassination skills to find and execute the traitors)
    4. Cipher (gathering intell; maybe the person behind the infiltration is that entity she fears so much)
    5. Prodigy (leading the team)
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Fokken! Your question was asked on the Steve Foxe episode of Homo Superior podcast at around 48:50:

Mercury was mentioned, Wither was considered for Dark X-Men. Hellion was of course mentioned and Rift's efforts were once again highlighted.
    Yay Cessily! ^.^
    Still hoping someone will finally give her a spot as a regular cast member in a future book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Yes, my question was asked but the host was also kind of dismissive(?) in his tone when Steve clarified the specificity around "youth".
    That was disappointing.
    Also, despite my continued inclusion of how to pronounce my last name (I've written in a bunch before), the host keeps mispronouncing it. Its not ****-en. Its FAUX-ken.
    I think I'm just gonna stop writing in.

Thanks for noticing though, Jbenito! <3

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

000000000.jpg

Saw this and thought of our poor X-Kids...
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

To be fair, Glob deserves to be laughed at.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    To be fair, Glob deserves to be laughed at.
    Glob is savage. I recall him using his wax to torture to death some Flatscan bigot with QQ, before they got reconned as just misunderstood rambunctious youths.

You should change your avatar to Blidnfold or Preview.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    000000000.jpg

Saw this and thought of our poor X-Kids...
    Love that Beast, who looks like Cookie Monster, is eating a cookie. (I don't care if it's supposed to be a cheeseburger or something. I see a giant chocolate chip cookie, and will not accept any other option.)

Happy Halloween, everyone.
    Artist Seye Sanyaolu / seye_art / seyesnyl
    00000001.jpg

Not agreeing with Cerebro and guest saying that Wind Dancer is boring and uninteresting. Le sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Not agreeing with Cerebro and guest saying that Wind Dancer is boring and uninteresting. Le sigh.
    They said that? Ew.

Like I get it, she's not super vibrant when compared to the likes of Emma or Wolverine. She's not super cartoony, nor does she fit into a character trope as easily as, say, Prodigy or Hellion. But she's down to earth, outspoken, a go-getter, and a natural friend and leader. She's creative with her powers, which in themselves are fairly unique. She can let her heart and emotions overwhelm her, but she can see the best in others and bring that out in them. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but she's such a well-rounded character, given the little time she had in the spotlight.

They say anything about Hellion?