Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

I don't know why I always thought Specter was the blond kid who was killed and came back as a ghost ? I don't remember in which comics it was at the time, I think he was friend with Rubbermaid ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I don't know why I always thought Specter was the blond kid who was killed and came back as a ghost ? I don't remember in which comics it was at the time, I think he was friend with Rubbermaid ?
    That was Jeffrey Garret.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    That was Jeffrey Garret.
    Yep. I always thought they were the same person and his name was Specter because he was basically a ghost.

I'm curious about this. I have a head cannon that his powers look similar to Psylocke's shadow form. I'm curious how he'll be presented with that. I also have a hc that he's bi and flirts a lot, so we'll see about that as well.

Psylocke's form for reference

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I think Specter never got any focus before
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I think Specter never got any focus before
    I don't know that we even got to *see* his mutant power / form on panel unlike other backgrounders like Indra, Anole, Wolf Cub and Match. (But there were others. I don't think we saw Network, Trance or Dryad use their powers, either.)

BANNED

The mutant teleporter Jeffrey Garrett and his siblings were the prisoners of Elias Bogan at his lodge in Alaska. When Bogan had Jeffrey’s family killed, the young boy escaped and teleported Bogan's associates to a glacier, which resulted in them freezing to death.

Last edited by Micabe; 06-05-2023 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Pic(s) and Link(s) added.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    The mutant teleporter Jeffrey Garrett and his siblings were the prisoners of Elias Bogan at his lodge in Alaska. When Bogan had Jeffrey’s family killed, the young boy escaped and teleported Bogan's associates to a glacier, which resulted in them freezing to death.
    I wondered about Bogan's little mutant coterie of hangers-on. They *seemed* to enjoy their time in his sadomasochistic little soiree, but he was also a mind-manipulator, and it's entirely possible that one or all of them were decent people before he got his hooks into them... Post resurrection, and cleansed of his psychic conditioning / after a whole boat-load of therapy, they could be very different people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I don't know that we even got to *see* his mutant power / form on panel unlike other backgrounders like Indra, Anole, Wolf Cub and Match. (But there were others. I don't think we saw Network, Trance or Dryad use their powers, either.)
    We've actually seen Trance's powers in action, she was one of the students that kept her powers post M-day.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

And he died when Xornetto messed up the mansion at the end of Morrison's run, since he went back inside trying to get some picture of his family, but wasn't able to teleport back. He was gone when M-day happened. Poor kid.

BANNED

Today's Waiting for the Trade.

Ouch.

Jay's probably still wandering around somewhere in Krakoa, moping about being taken away from Julia.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

Today's Waiting for the Trade.

Ouch.

Jay's probably still wandering around somewhere in Krakoa, moping about being taken away from Julia.
    I love that Emma's resting her hand on Catseye's head, like she's a pet. Emma's big growth moment was the loss of the original Hellions when Trevor Fitzroy et them, and they're back, and the only one she has a moment for is frikkin' Empath? Not cool, Emma!

"Yeah, those Hellions. The most transformative moment in my life was their deaths. Now that they're back, it's kind of awkward, because I am reminded what little punks they are, and thought, 'I changed my life for them?? Almost makes me want to take it back and go back to the Hellfire club, but then I remember what a creep Shaw was, and still is...'"

Amazing Member

Anyone else extremely annoyed that they didn't use more than one Academy X character in Mutant First Strike? What is it about Academy X that writers rarely want to touch? Don't these characters deserve to have more to do with X-Men missions and business'? I mean they can't have still be in school... right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Delta88 View Post
    Anyone else extremely annoyed that they didn't use more than one Academy X character in Mutant First Strike? What is it about Academy X that writers rarely want to touch? Don't these characters deserve to have more to do with X-Men missions and business'? I mean they can't have still be in school... right?
    There's two main problems with the New X-Men:

1) The first is the fact that Laura is of the same generation, and is now canonically 20 years old. This means that the NXM have grown up and SHOULD be graduating to full X-Men status, and should no longer be considered students. This, however, flies in the face of Jordan White's insistence that the O5 MUST be no older than their late-20s, and the idea that the NXM are no longer teens makes the O5 too old and "unrelatable." There's also simply no ROOM for them because apparently the NXM growing up and getting to be full-fledged X-Men means someone else has to be cut to fit them on the roster. For reasons.

2) The identity of the NXM has essentially come to be centered around how they're the "lost" generation who were failed by their predecessors. About 99% of them lost their powers on M Day, and dozens of them were outright murdered by the Purifiers in the aftermath (which ironically makes them ideal representatives for today's youth, who are facing the very same realization that the Boomers really screwed them over). Which means they just plain make the O5 look BAD. And since the O5 are the sacred cows, Editorial can't have that. The fact that the NXM are quietly and meekly living on Krakoa, despite the fact only a few years earlier Surge was telling Xavier to @#$% off because "we already know how to die," is evidence of this.

Astonishing Member

So. In xmen green it's revealed that nature girl is infact gaea's daughter.... so thought on that relivation