Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Indra is back. Let's hope it will be more than just one paneel. He looks amazing though!

"COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Happy New Year to the Academy X kids and all their fans! I don't know if she still counts since she got aged up in the Vault but I really want this to be Laura's year! Also, how do we think the issue with having two Laura's running about will be dealt with?
    As far as I'm concerned she's (at least Young!Laura) still part of that group. No less than Jubilee is still part of Generation X, or Yana is a New Mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Obviously nothing is forever when it comes to comic book death, especially in the age of Krakoa, but with Quire gone, the time for Julian to ascend and reclaim his role as the TK bad boy with a marshmallow center!

The Pink Punk ate his lunch but with him gone the time for Hellion is upon us!
    Reconcile with Frost and restore his golden boy status (sorry, Elixir)
    Let the "will they won't they" dance with Wind Dancer conclude and reveal that they in fact, HAVE!
    Get him over to the War College book as a Teacher's Assistant who TK tosses Surge & Armor around for the lolz.
    There's a theory that Quire put his consciousness in Max, the baby. So we got to kill the kid if we want to ensure Pink Boy stays gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Has it been confirmed yet whether Hellion actually got his hands back the last time we saw him, or was it just a colorist/artist error?
    Unconfirmed, and all his appearances since have him wearing gloves. I love Bob Quinn and I'm glad he gave Julian that cameo, but I personally prefer the robot hands.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Question for my fellow Hellions stans. Do you all like it when his injuries are just shown as robot hands (Typically drawn this way) OR robot ish up to his mid forearm (Like my Clay Mann commission) OR robot arm to shoulders like (Age of X)?
    Robot hands are cemented as the de facto look for me, but I think it depends on the artist. Sana Takeda gave him metal up to his forearms and that was my favorite look for him. Age of X was a fantastic look, but I feel like that look was too fantastical and cool. Like it's so aesthetically pleasing, it feels less like a disability and a grave injury, and more like a stylish look.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Happy New Year to the Academy X kids and all their fans! I don't know if she still counts since she got aged up in the Vault but I really want this to be Laura's year! Also, how do we think the issue with having two Laura's running about will be dealt with?
    What Ambs said. Plus Laura was integral to the latter part of the run, and she grew up alongside them. She was part of their lives, and had a big impact on Hellion's. She deserves to stand with the crew. As for the two Laura things, I think we'll just get OWL hanging with Synch, and Young Laura giving us some minor angst before going back to whatever it is she's be doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I would like his 2023 look to be a red and black version of this but with a version of Bishops red jacket.

FlvXZQfaMAAn7eh.jpg

i will forever regret not putting Wind Dancer on my Clay Mann commission.

I wish he cared about his fans and drew faster.

I would like his 2023 look to be a red and black version of this but with a version of Bishops red jacket.

FlvXZQfaMAAn7eh.jpg

That art is sicccc. I love it. Can I ask what's on Anole's arm?

--------------------

Speaking of Wind Dancer, we should totally talk about her. Get the ball rolling, ensure that we have more pages so other people know to fear our power.

What are your opinions on her?
    What do you hope to see from her in 2023?
    Favorite character interactions or ships?
    Characters or stories you want to see her involved with?

Personally, I love her attitude. I really like how she's the spunky girl who doesn't take anyone's crap. But at the same time, she's got a big heart, and that has clouded her judgment at times. Aerokinesis is one of my favorite powers, and I love how creatively she's used it.

I'd love to see her on the main X-Men team (Along with Rictor and Sunfire - call them Earth, Wind & Fire), but I want more of her adventures in Mojoworld. I want to see her reunite with her friends. I also want to see her make some enemies while she's working, since seeing her bounce off antagonistic forces has always been fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    That art is sicccc. I love it. Can I ask what's on Anole's arm?

--------------------

Speaking of Wind Dancer, we should totally talk about her. Get the ball rolling, ensure that we have more pages so other people know to fear our power.

Personally, I love her attitude. I really like how she's the spunky girl who doesn't take anyone's crap. But at the same time, she's got a big heart, and that has clouded her judgment at times. Aerokinesis is one of my favorite powers, and I love how creatively she's used it.

I'd love to see her on the main X-Men team (Along with Rictor and Sunfire - call them Earth, Wind & Fire), but I want more of her adventures in Mojoworld. I want to see her reunite with her friends. I also want to see her make some enemies while she's working, since seeing her bounce off antagonistic forces has always been fun.
    No clue. Clay Mann just drew it. Im assuming it was some sort of energy blaster but who knows.

She is my Venezeulan Queen and I will forever stan my latina wind goddess air bender.
    I hope she's on the X-Men Vote so she can at least be part of the Secret X-Men team written by a good writer.
    I want her to have more interactions with Hellion and the Academy squad.
    I would love her to have a story training with Storm.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

FlvXZQfaMAAn7eh.jpg

OMG this looks fantastic. I will always lament the X-office's loss of Clay Mann.

FlvXZQfaMAAn7eh.jpg

Sometimes it just takes a good pic to bring you back.

Gonna be rereading my Academy X kids again and I love this pic. Hellion and SUrge are Gauntlet buddies!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

With the War College book on the horizon, I've been thinking/musing about all our beloved X-"youth" and who they could Mentor with.

I'd love to see Wind Dancer with Meggan (from Excalibur)

Perhaps Hellion with Rachel or Cable.

Now do they NEEEEED mentors? Naw, not necessarily. But I'm just eager for them to get ANY panel time so I'll suggest anything and everything that pops in my head hahaha

Additionally, all the recent power expansions got me thinking about Sofia.
    Dust, especially, has proven she is SIGNIFICANTLY more than "a cloud of particles".
    Iceman has grown to "freeze" more than water/moisture.

And that got me thinking about Sofia's ability to "eavesdrop" and essentially carry sound on the wind.
    So what if her ability to manipulate air molecules and carry sound could extend to taking sound? Creating a vacuum, leaving a particular room or space completely quiet? Something tied to vibrations? STILLING the air molecules? When concentrating hard enough, still the molecules to such rigidity that a disturbance in that space would notify Sofia of movement, like ripples in water. I'm sure Bobbysworld could take a flippant notion like this an craft an entire thesis argument. haha
    Last edited by Fokken; 01-09-2023 at 07:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Any A-list X-Man should have a student as sidekick and pof course one they related to before.

Storm - Gentle
    Wolverine - Scout
    Emme - Hellion
    Rogue - Indra
    Gambit - Rainboy
    Namor - Loa
    Jean - Cipher
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Any A-list X-Man should have a student as sidekick and pof course one they related to before.

Storm - Gentle
    Wolverine - Scout
    Emme - Hellion
    Rogue - Indra
    Gambit - Rainboy
    Namor - Loa
    Jean - Cipher
    Well these make perfect sense to me.
    And also GAWDZ ABOVE I long to see Cipher get the Kwannon/Synch/Exodus treatment and take this remarkable blank slate character and lift her to prominence!

Those are fantastic ideas for Wind Dancer, Fo. She can already push herself and grab people with her powers, so they could extend that into making constructs out of hardened air. And if you want to get silly, you could have her change oxygen molecules into other gases, letting her create explosions.

The mentors would be great. Not only for powers, but also helping the next generation figure out where they want to go in life. Most of them don't have roles in Krakoa, or lost the roles they did have. For a generation that had been let down by the previous one, it'd be nice to see adults make amends and help them.

For Hellion, I like the Cable idea - two gruff, but strategic leaders working on keikkakus. Rachel could be funny if they call back to the time Jean mentored him (off-panel.) But I want a return to Emma. Get that dynamic going again. They were so close, yet things ended on such a bad note for them. There's just so much to unpack.

Speaking of Emma, I want to see more on her relationship with Mercury. This is less about power, and more about character development, yeah. But Cess didn't seem to have any issues with her, and it'd be cool to see how the two bounce off each other. Cess isn't nearly as into fashion and looks as Emma, yet she's also insecure about her looks. Emma could help her become more confident, or they could bond over shared issues with their bodies (which could be difficult, since Emma fixed hers with plastic surgery), or maybe Emma has to adjust her way of thinking to truly understand this girl.

Prodigy, I'd have loved to see work for Beast. Like he'd learn state secrets and more about Beast's strategies, all while gathering evidence and ramping up to expose him. He'd make an excellent X-Force leader. It's too late for that though, but maybe he could study under Prof. X and get into Krakoan politics?

EDIT: And yes to Cipher getting love. She's bae.

EDIT EDIT: So last night, I woke up at 2am and wrote some weird, sleep-addled notes down. I woke up to find one of them was "Tag x Paper Doll." And you know what? I want that. I want that pairing.
    Last edited by Rift; 01-09-2023 at 09:48 AM.

I'd like Surge to intern with Cyclops.

Maybe talk about being stuck with their tech in order to keep powers in check. Maybe some leadership talk compared from then to now.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Those are fantastic ideas for Wind Dancer, Fo. She can already push herself and grab people with her powers, so they could extend that into making constructs out of hardened air. And if you want to get silly, you could have her change oxygen molecules into other gases, letting her create explosions.

The mentors would be great. Not only for powers, but also helping the next generation figure out where they want to go in life. Most of them don't have roles in Krakoa, or lost the roles they did have. For a generation that had been let down by the previous one, it'd be nice to see adults make amends and help them.

For Hellion, I like the Cable idea - two gruff, but strategic leaders working on keikkakus. Rachel could be funny if they call back to the time Jean mentored him (off-panel.) But I want a return to Emma. Get that dynamic going again. They were so close, yet things ended on such a bad note for them. There's just so much to unpack.

Speaking of Emma, I want to see more on her relationship with Mercury. This is less about power, and more about character development, yeah. But Cess didn't seem to have any issues with her, and it'd be cool to see how the two bounce off each other. Cess isn't nearly as into fashion and looks as Emma, yet she's also insecure about her looks. Emma could help her become more confident, or they could bond over shared issues with their bodies (which could be difficult, since Emma fixed hers with plastic surgery), or maybe Emma has to adjust her way of thinking to truly understand this girl.

Prodigy, I'd have loved to see work for Beast. Like he'd learn state secrets and more about Beast's strategies, all while gathering evidence and ramping up to expose him. He'd make an excellent X-Force leader. It's too late for that though, but maybe he could study under Prof. X and get into Krakoan politics?

EDIT: And yes to Cipher getting love. She's bae.
    Yes!
    I too long for Julian and Emma to restore their unique relationship. In fact, I'd enjoy seeing Emma as the one who recommends the Summers children (Nate & Rachel) to guide Julian in further mastery of his TK.
    Emma ought to recognize, in these Krakoan times of reconciliation and healing that Julian is one of the bright-future'd youths that were tragically derailed by so many terrible events, and now is an opportunity to revisit and rekindle the spark, that ambition, that Julian had for leadership in the mutant community.
    I know we don't speak of the Terrigen era (or avoid it as best we can muster) but HIS brief display of growth within the Inhuman(?) medic tents(?) was lovely to see, and it would be so great to see him flourish as an advocate for the young(ish) generation he is part of.

I enjoy the notion of further manipulating molecules in the air with that level of precision to cause effects.
    Maybe not full on create explosions like Boom Boom, but I'm no scientist so I can't even necessarily offer up potential ideas for what air molecules could do.
    I just want to see Sofia more. She'd make for an interesting espionage choice, with the eavesdropping, and her social savvy, maybe. Alongside Cipher. haha.

On the topic of David, it would be UTTERLY hilarious for him to simply saunter through X-Force HQ on his way somewhere, pass Hank, and realize "oh shit, the Council needs to know about this fool and lock him the f**k up asap"