Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Its kind of annoying how little they have to do to appease us yet they still wont even do it.

Like stop being so cheap and frugal and give us a one shot or Unlimited story or just a cool promo pic of each generation and Academy X being one.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Its kind of annoying how little they have to do to appease us yet they still wont even do it.

Like stop being so cheap and frugal and give us a one shot or Unlimited story or just a cool promo pic of each generation and Academy X being one.
    Steve Orlando, bless him, DID include our beloved Sofia in his X-Men Green Marauders team, AND wrote her as a very capable and competent heroine, so there's that.

But truly, the challenges behind the scenes to get projects green lit and/or thriving are VAST and MANY.

Our best shot in the past 5(?) 10(?) years was X-Factor, especially with the Sofia plotline and with David on the team, but alas, that gem got the axe. I still miss it.

We really lucked out with that ONE issue.

I'm sure there are challenges but come on.

But anyways I will always want more. Ill shut up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Has it been confirmed yet whether Hellion actually got his hands back the last time we saw him, or was it just a colorist/artist error?
    Has it ben officially confirmed? Not to my knowledge.

He was shown to be affected by Onslaught and to do that he had to go through the Resurrection Protocol. So until he shows up with them back, I'd go under the assumption that he got him back. For some reason they're saying he had a cameo during X-Terminators as one of the mutants playing baseball. Leah has yet to confirm though.

Question for my fellow Hellions stans. Do you all like it when his injuries are just shown as robot hands (Typically drawn this way) OR robot ish up to his mid forearm (Like my Clay Mann commission) OR robot arm to shoulders like (Age of X)?
    I always hoped that Jules would be able to heal himself and rebuild his body via Psionic energy, all the psyhics can...why not Jules??
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Extraordinary Member

Am I an ableist if it makes sense to me to give Hellion, Karma, and Forge their limbs back when they get resurrected by the Five. They’ve been killed and brought already and still haven’t.
    Can someone explain to me why they wouldn’t keep their limbs in their new bodies?

My head canon is that Julian keeps it that so that he always remembers what they went through and he always will hold that anger in him even if his friends came back he will always have a memory of what the humans and villains are capable of doing to them for just existing.

Extraordinary Member

My head canon is that Julian keeps it that so that he always remembers what they went through and he always will hold that anger in him even if his friends came back he will always have a memory of what the humans and villains are capable of doing to them for just existing.
    I mean, when has Xavier ever been “Ah yes, a new body for me….good, good…but please keep me paralyzed so I can always remember the struggle I went through.”
    I just don’t get it.

Well if thats how you want to think of it then sure

People are built differently.

And comparing it to be paralyzed come on

And he's still able to function and use his hands I dont know why youre acting like he's useless now.

Astonishing Member

On second thought, I don't have the energy to navigate this particular discourse today, so I'm gonna not.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-09-2023 at 03:01 PM.

I hope these guys get a new bus in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Am I an ableist if it makes sense to me to give Hellion, Karma, and Forge their limbs back when they get resurrected by the Five. They’ve been killed and brought already and still haven’t.
    Can someone explain to me why they wouldn’t keep their limbs in their new bodies?
    I think it's a fair question, and I don't think it makes you ableist. We've had discussions on the board about people accepting their disabilities as part of their identities, meta reasons why characters haven't changed, and other stuff. No official reason has been given for these guys specifically.

That's a really good head canon. It's simple, yet beautiful and makes a lot of sense. It especially works when you consider how he was willing to die in front of the Inhumans to show them the horrors of M-Pox.

I always had this embarrassing story in my head for the hands, if I ever wrote for Marvel (which won't ever happen, but a man can dream!) Basically, the Academy X kids go to Japan on a mission, where they meet Surge's brother, Keitaro. Julian and Keitaro get along like cats and dogs at first, but they end up getting along after Julian saves his life from a threat. They end up bonding and Keitaro comes to see him like a big brother.

Keitaro, however, ends up losing a leg or something during the threat. Julian's given the chance of getting his own hands back, but he refuses; it would be really awful of him to be responsible (in his mind) for what happened to Keitaro, and then go around and get rid of his own disability - something Keitario can't do, because he's human. He also sees how much being an amputee X-Men sort of inspires Keitaro, so Hellion embraces this aspect of himself. He is who he is, and even if it's difficult sometimes, it means a lot to him and a lot of people.

But then Julian just lies to people and says that he kicked Apocalypse's ass in the Crucible. Since he's so strong and amazing, no one could conquer him, and he has too much pride to go through the Waiting Room. Can't let people know he's going soft for a flatscan.
    Last edited by Rift; 01-09-2023 at 02:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Got a nice little commission cooking up. If you keep up with my posts youll probably guess who will be on it.

Posturing all big and bad about "I beat Apocalypse in the Crucible" is SUCH a Santo move -- like that time he told people he dated one of the Mastermind Sisters. hahaha. I loved that idiot.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Posturing all big and bad about "I beat Apocalypse in the Crucible" is SUCH a Santo move -- like that time he told people he dated one of the Mastermind Sisters. hahaha. I loved that idiot.
    Maybe he considers hanging out with Pixie, a date. So not exactly a lie.

Got a nice little commission cooking up. If you keep up with my posts youll probably guess who will be on it.
    SOFIA SOFIA SOFIA SOFIA SOFIA SOFIA SOFIA SOFIA

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Maybe he considers hanging out with Pixie, a date. So not exactly a lie.
    He'd totally say something like this.

Also, I was updating the original post with resources, when I came across another Academy ask on DeFilippis and Weir's blog. TIL what Mestizo means.

Q: I was wondering if Wind Dancer was meant to be White Venezuelan, or Mestizo or something else? Her mom only appeared in two panels and Sofia's skin color keeps changing.

She was meant to be non-White. She wasn't very dark skinned, but she was definitely not white.

We have found that coloring in comics sometimes can be a little inconsistent for skin tones that are neither white nor very dark skinned.

But our intent was always for her to be non-white.
    For anyone who was wondering. I always thought she was meant to be non-white/half-white (on her father's side), but it's nice to get confirmation.
    Last edited by Rift; 01-12-2023 at 06:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.