Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

I cannot figure out the reasons writers and editors are more interested in writing stories about Cerebella (not even Martha) and not about the kick-ass new X-men. Why are they introducing new characters since they are already so many unused ones around?
    Also WHY they are still students and trainees if Laura and the Stepford Cuckoos are considered adults.

6165.jpg
    6164.jpg

New characters require less research and have less continuity hurdles to navigate.

That is the appeal of new characters and/or characters like Martha who have very little in the way of story development.

Honestly its why someone should scoop Cipher up. She's practically a blank slate. She was brought in by Jean, kept a secret to hide her from SOMEONE and she can fly the jet.

But that's really the harsh reality of new characters being created over using our beloved preexisting babies from Academy X

Quote Originally Posted by x-mind View Post
    I cannot figure out the reasons writers and editors are more interested in writing stories about Cerebella (not even Martha) and not about the kick-ass new X-men. Why are they introducing new characters since they are already so many unused ones around?
    Also WHY they are still students and trainees if Laura and the Stepford Cuckoos are considered adults.

6165.jpg
    6164.jpg
    Feel like there's no need to pit Academy X characters against Cerebella lol. And remember, the New X-Men were the newbies to Martha's established character once. Why are we writing a story about them instead of the special class?

There's room to tell stories of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Feel like there's no need to pit Academy X characters against Cerebella lol. And remember, the New X-Men were the newbies to Martha's established character once. Why are we writing a story about them instead of the special class?

Writr about the special class AND New X-Men. Hellion was part of both classes, technically.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Amazing Member

I don't have a problem with Martha, I have with Cerebella. Practically she is not Martha, she is a new character.

Quote Originally Posted by x-mind View Post
    I don't have a problem with Martha, I have with Cerebella. Practically she is not Martha, she is a new character.
    Because... she got a new design?

I hope Hellion gets some love in 2023. And obviously more Wind Dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post

Is there, though?

I mean there's only so many books put out and Marvel has a history of "We already have a book about teen mutants/students, why would you ever want another?"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    New characters require less research and have less continuity hurdles to navigate.

That is the appeal of new characters and/or characters like Martha who have very little in the way of story development.

Honestly its why someone should scoop Cipher up. She's practically a blank slate. She was brought in by Jean, kept a secret to hide her from SOMEONE and she can fly the jet.

But that's really the harsh reality of new characters being created over using our beloved preexisting babies from Academy X
    While reading the Immortal X-Men title, I realized if I were an X-Men leader in Krakoa, I would have had Cipher follow And watch Sinister the whole time since the start.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    That's so freaking gorgeous

Who's the artist? I'd love to commission them sometime

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    That's so freaking gorgeous

Who's the artist? I'd love to commission them sometime
    Angel Solorzano (COMMS OPEN)
    @THE_saintart

He's taking commissions

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    While reading the Immortal X-Men title, I realized if I were an X-Men leader in Krakoa, I would have had Cipher follow And watch Sinister the whole time since the start.
    Oh yes. Cipher, Forget-Me-Not, all those people would be doing the 'mutant CIA' stuff that Beast is so terribly failing at.

Not that they need Sinister for anything. They've got mutants who can raise the dead *on their own.* (Elixir, Triage, Layla Miler, Jaimie Braddock) They've got mutants who can call up souls from the afterlife. (Wycked) They've got sorcerers with access to hell-dimensions, who can literally traffic in souls. (Ilyanna) They've got (or had) mutants *with their own resurrection technology.* (Apocalypse) And they've got mutants able to provide them with Sinister's entire gene-library *which they never needed anyway.* (Comcast/Black Box, and probably Trinary, Network and / or Milan, as well as any of forty-seven telepaths who could rip the knowledge right out of his noggin, some of them Omegas, or Forge who could flutter his eyelids for 30 seconds and come up with a device that does the same thing, because that's his damn mutant power, to make McGuffins!)

Hellion was mentioned twice in the CBR article for the new X-23 series.

We may get him in a flashback.

*tosses confetti*
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.