Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Hellion was mentioned twice in the CBR article for the new X-23 series.

We may get him in a flashback.

*tosses confetti*
    Watch it be set around the Babysitting Arc. :-P

More lore drops. The first one is for Sofia's parents and this was a question I asked.

Q: Question, how did Wind Dancer's parents connect? From what we've seen, they seem like very different people. Was her dad nicer in the past?
    A: The way we saw it, it was a fling, and when he found out he had a child, he stayed as far away as possible.

As such, we always saw it as a case of Walter Barrett presenting himself in his best possible way to impress a woman he found attractive. So he wasn’t lying, per se, but he was his “vacation self” and as soon as it became something more substantial, he checked out.

We don’t know if he ever was “nice” or “friendly,” but he was more present and connected, and as a result, she saw only his good side - a side Sofia never saw.

Plus, having a daughter who was a mutant made him much more wary and resentful of being tied down to any results from this fling.
    Next, some Match deets.

Q: did u guys ever have any plans for match, he was strangely one of my favs members from the paragons!
    A: We didn't have a lot planned specifically for Match, but we did know that we wanted to do a Paragons miniseries where they'd go to Nova Roma (we posted about that a ways back).

With Ben, we gave him some personality traits that matched his power (hotheaded) and others that rounded him out (very invested in being a leader), but didn't figure out what we'd do with those.

We had debated a lot about how his powers worked... did the flame turn off? Was it always on? If it was always on, it could give us great stories about him being unable to make physical contact with others (which is tragic at any age but would devastate his High School social life), but it got us into questions like "How does he eat?" or "Is it on when he sleeps? Does he need a special bed?" and we never knew if we wanted to go that route but knew we'd explore it if we ever got the chance at the Paragons mini.

We also briefly looked at various love interest options for Victor/Anole once the story of his death was cut. And we briefly thought about Ben/Match for that, but then we didn't want the gay romance to be limited to no-kissing. He ultimately wasn't who we pictured Victor with either way, though.
    My new headcanon is that Match and Anole tried dating, but it didn't work. Honestly, I like the ship because lizards would like sun lamps.
    Last edited by Rift; 01-28-2023 at 06:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Next, some Match deets.
    I have no idea where this got in my head, but I thought Match was PoC for the longest time, and when they finally showed his head not-aflame and he was white, I was weirdly surprised.

It's fun that we all have such funky interests in these background students that, in some cases, barely got anything but background use. For me, it's Indra, Specter, Dryad, etc. although I honestly like most of them!

I remembered headcanoning Ben as white. He has white vibes, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I have no idea where this got in my head, but I thought Match was PoC for the longest time, and when they finally showed his head not-aflame and he was white, I was weirdly surprised
    When did it happen? I didn't even know he could turn it of.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Astonishing Member

Watching the episodes of the, sadly cut short, third season of The Owl House, i can't help but wonder what a New X-men focused animated show in that style of animation and writing could be like?

Considering X-men '97 and it's second season are unlikely to get anywhere close to the territory of having New X-men in them (despite the name i'm not even sure a lot of late 90's comic stuff is going to appear), it seems to me like the only hope for more (some lucked out having bit parts in WATX) of them in animated form would be a full blown new show.

However with the movies being the main focus of the X-men IP holder right now (ironicaly a company founded on producing animated movies is quite negligent of the potential of it's animated department it seems), it seems more likely the next X-men show will focus on the characters they are planning to put in the movies. Just like how every other Marvel animated show needs to copy cat the movies too.

But that doesn't mean there can't be a second show just for young mutants.

Just for the info i'm aware of the irony of suggesting another Disney show in the style of one Disney just short cut for... dubious reasons.
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-30-2023 at 01:56 PM.

Which Academy kids do you think there gonne hang in front of our faces tomorrow for the X-men Vote.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Which Academy kids do you think there gonne hang in front of our faces tomorrow for the X-men Vote.
    I have high hopes for Wind Dancer and Hellion, so they will probably disappointed me and put Armor for the third time.

Where is this panel from? Love the outfit
    https://twitter.com/Gawdzilla1989/st...62236357685250

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Where is this panel from? Love the outfit
    https://twitter.com/Gawdzilla1989/st...62236357685250
    X-Men vol 4 (2013), issue 13. Julian, Rockslide, Anole, and the rest enter the Danger Room and experience a very dangerous simulation. Psylocke also shows up to help.

Do I vote for Progidy in hopes of seeing more of the Academy squad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Do I vote for Progidy in hopes of seeing more of the Academy squad.
    Do you think there is even a chance of him getting remotely close to winning?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Jeez is it necessary to rain on EVERY parade at all times?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Although you may be right, .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Jeez is it necessary to rain on EVERY parade at all times?
    No, it's not. I will keep that in mind going forward.