Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There’s rumors that Holt will be in Superman: Legacy, but I think the Waller show is a more likely place for him to show up.

Still I am excited at the prospect of Gunn using him. Terrific is one of the few heroes not traditionally associated with Superman that I would be ok with seeing show up.
    I don't really think of him as having much absurdity to his character other than the costume.

Ultimate Member

There’s rumors that Holt will be in Superman: Legacy, but I think the Waller show is a more likely place for him to show up.

Still I am excited at the prospect of Gunn using him. Terrific is one of the few heroes not traditionally associated with Superman that I would be ok with seeing show up.
    I honestly don't see what he would add, in Superman. Waller would at least make sense as a foil.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I honestly don't see what he would add, in Superman. Waller would at least make sense as a foil.
    You can sneak him in as an Easter egg-would Superman notice a T-Sphere floating around randomly? Or you name drop his company.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't really think of him as having much absurdity to his character other than the costume.
    Me either, nor do I think we need more self-aware jokes about "look how dumb and goofy this genre is!" Gunn said during the Suicide Squad press tour that super heroes were "the dumbest thing ever" and he liked making a movie like TSS because he can't take them seriously. That obviously works for some characters, but someone with that perspective running things is sort of concerning.

I would love to see Terrific in a movie but I don’t really want to see him in the Superman flick. Steel and Steelworks should be the tech/super science part of Superman’s world.

Ideally Mr. Terrific should have his own show but maybe he’ll show up in the Waller project if they have her join Checkmate.

Slightly annoyed that they cast yet another skinny actor to play Michael Holt. The man is supposed to be physically imposing as he is smart.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Slightly annoyed that they cast yet another skinny actor to play Michael Holt. The man is supposed to be physically imposing as he is smart.
    I'll be shocked if he doesn't bulk up for the role.

I’m sitting here hoping they launch a new Terrifics book with Tom King writing. Probably as close as we’ll ever come to Hickman on Holt.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I’m sitting here hoping they launch a new Terrifics book with Tom King writing. Probably as close as we’ll ever come to Hickman on Holt.
    I'd prefer a solo, but more Michael is good to me .

BANNED

I'll have to pass on that, I really don't like Tom Kings writting

Incredible Member

While more Michael is generally good, I'll opt for a solo or nothing - from King.

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    I'll have to pass on that, I really don't like Tom Kings writting
    Yeah TK is a weird one for me.

Narratively, his stories tend to follow the same/a similar formula, but the results can be polar opposites. They can produce bangers such as Vision, and yet "dumpster fires" like Heroes in Crisis.

He did write a brilliant Mr. Terrific in Strange Adventures - a series I did like overall despite a lot of others not being fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    While more Michael is generally good, I'll opt for a solo or nothing - from King.

Yeah TK is a weird one for me.

Narratively, his stories tend to follow the same/a similar formula, but the results can be polar opposites. They can produce bangers such as Vision, and yet "dumpster fires" like Heroes in Crisis.

He did write a brilliant Mr. Terrific in Strange Adventures - a series I did like overall despite a lot of others not being fans.
    What King did to Adam Strange will never not leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I would get either, but the benefit of Holt leading the Terrifics is it gives him his own team he can lead, and maybe even build them up as their own pillar in the DCU.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Hard no on Tom King.

He tries too hard ti be Grant Morrison and Bendis combined, and fails at both.

bring on Christopher Priest to write a Mr. Terrific book, solo or team based. I don't know if it would "last" longer than 2 years (hopefully) but it would be fun.