Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Vixen and Mr. Terrific are phenomenal characters. They could work, but it wouldn't be my ideal pairing. Personality wise they could fit, but characterize I feel like they have different interests and day to days. Especially now that Michael is more super scientist and less of a business mogul.

I feel like they'd be of doing their own things. Michael would be in the lab or exploring, or investigating something. He'd be busy in 20 different projects. You know his work. Vixen would be at a fashion show, traveling the world. They would intersect with with work and at some events. But narratively I feel like one might limit the other. Unless you just fantastic four'd them and made them a family both doing their own things. And even then it might be limiting. I look at Reed Richards and Sue Storm and kind of feel like Sue should have married someone else.

That's why I felt like Vixen and John Stewart were a good fit personality wise. If John wasn't off in space so much that relationship would be more viable.

I'm not paying attention to this alleged Batwing romance. Didn't know about it and I'm just going to ignore the fact that you all brought it up. Vixen deserves to be with an A lister in stature and ability
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Vixen and Mr. Terrific are phenomenal characters. They could work, but it wouldn't be my ideal pairing. Personality wise they could fit, but characterize I feel like they have different interests and day to days. Especially now that Michael is more super scientist and less of a business mogul.

I feel like they'd be of doing their own things. Michael would be in the lab or exploring, or investigating something. He'd be busy in 20 different projects. You know his work. Vixen would be at a fashion show, traveling the world. They would intersect with with work and at some events. But narratively I feel like one might limit the other. Unless you just fantastic four'd them and made them a family both doing their own things. And even then it might be limiting. I look at Reed Richards and Sue Storm and kind of feel like Sue should have married someone else.

That's why I felt like Vixen and John Stewart were a good fit personality wise. If John wasn't off in space so much that relationship would be more viable.

I'm not paying attention to this alleged Batwing romance. Didn't know about it and I'm just going to ignore the fact that you all brought it up. Vixen deserves to be with an A lister in stature and ability
    Hasn't Holt always been **BOTH** super scientist AND mogul simultaneously?

"..have different interests and day to days"... IRL a multitude of models are dating and married to tech ceos. You think they have the exact same interests? ...If it happens IRL, then why do u find it so strange in fiction?!?

Having said the above, i do agree and support Vixen with John Stewart as you had said. They have always been my top pairing in DC which writers and dc execs are pushing so hard to keep them apart.

Anyhow, Holt is my immediate number 2 pick for Vixen after John Stewart where magic powers though animal based/ Vixen meets super-science tech/ Holt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    bro where you been?!
    Hahahhahahhaaa..... May be he is a new comicbk reader

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    I can't say anything in Mr. T's favor that hasn't already been said on this or Vixen's appreciation topic, tech and magic, intellect and nature, aetheist and spiritual... all that stuff. And Vixen is a romance that I think Holt would be the lucky one to land. Even though I'm not in favor of Mr. T and PG, Mike's still a more favorable option in my eyes than black Superman, I mean Val-Kilmer.

As for shopping Vixen around just for a black guy, I did mention how I liked her pairing with B'wana Beast in B:TBATB. I suggested Freedom Beast as an option to satisfy those who may want to keep it black on black.
    Vixen with either Freedom Beast or Bwana Beast is a dumb pairing because when both characters have extremely similar abilities and absolute lack of dynamics making their pairing redundant and utterly uninteresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Hasn't Holt always been **BOTH** super scientist AND mogul simultaneously?

"..have different interests and day to days"... IRL a multitude of models are dating and married to tech ceos. You think they have the exact same interests? ...If it happens IRL, then why do u find it so strange in fiction?!?

Having said the above, i do agree and support Vixen with John Stewart as you had said. They have always been my top pairing in DC which writers and dc execs are pushing so hard to keep them apart.

Anyhow, Holt is my immediate number 2 pick for Vixen after John Stewart where magic powers though animal based/ Vixen meets super-science tech/ Holt.
    If you've been following Holt recently especially in the Terrifics, DC's been downplaying the mogul part. He's been much more super scientist and explorer lately unlike past incarnations from New 52 and earlier. They both type A. they could casually date and have a good time, but marriage or a serious relationship? No. They'd both be on their own tracks in and out of work and I see the crossover between activities being minimal unless one gave up a little to the other one. Especially if Holt is working like he does in the Terrifics.

Yeah in the real world that happens all the time, but almost no one in the real world have the lifestyles these two have. The way Michael and Mari move are second to none. And Vixen is not just a model, she's a philanthropist, animal rights activist owner of a fashion company. Again I said it could work but I'd see Vixen having to lean into he relationship more and I'm not about that. There are better pairings for both heroes. I wouldn't want Vixen to get Sue Storm'd

Look at Storm and T'Challa. I know Marvel nuked it but for a time that really worked. John Stewart ain't making too many moves outside of being a Green Lantern, but that takes him to space often so....

You're down playing what I'm saying. I said it could work but it wouldn't be my ideal pick. Nobody in the real world exists like Michael Holt, ain't no super scientists like this. People want to paint Elon Musk like that or Zuckerberg and they not even close to what Holt actually is.
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Vixen with either Freedom Beast or Bwana Beast is a dumb pairing because when both characters have extremely similar abilities and absolute lack of dynamics making their pairing redundant and utterly uninteresting.
    I wouldn't call their abilities "extremely similar" when B'wana/Freedom Beast's ability to fuse animals together is not something Vixen does.

Even though she's been gone for ages, I think John Stewart's best love was Katma Tui. Shiera worked because of her extraterrestrial nature and because Katar Hol was a non-factor. But I think Vixen would be better served with an Earth-based hero instead of someone regularly going out on tour to outer space.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Since the thread fell off with all this romance and shipping talk... maybe now we can finally get down to business of villain's.

I'm CONVINCED after some review that Micheal Desai is the perfect villian for Mr. Terriffic an

The Outsider https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Michael_D...oint_Timeline) the last line of that was something like his fate remained unrevealed.

This is actually pretty great. A couple things are possible from that. He has some dimensional technologies thats how he killed J'onn Jonz, he could have used that to escape.
    Maybe even bringing one or 2 of your favorite flashpoint people with him (or not) but it makes him a literally outsider to our universe.
    Alternatively he could follow micheal back from one of his dimension hopping excursions. He smart dangerous and durable. Maybe a good match since he has no
    problem workting through proxy either.

He could easily be a Doctor Doom like figure for dc, he certainly was in his own comic.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Mighty Member

I hope y'all saw James Gunn's twitter on 29th March 2023 when he posted a cover of The Terrifics.... Please go and give a like and retweet.

Fingers crossed i hope it's a hint towards news of a movie or tv show for The Terrifics team.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Since the thread fell off with all this romance and shipping talk... maybe now we can finally get down to business of villain's.

I'm CONVINCED after some review that Micheal Desai is the perfect villian for Mr. Terriffic an

The Outsider https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Michael_D...oint_Timeline) the last line of that was something like his fate remained unrevealed.

This is actually pretty great. A couple things are possible from that. He has some dimensional technologies thats how he killed J'onn Jonz, he could have used that to escape.
    Maybe even bringing one or 2 of your favorite flashpoint people with him (or not) but it makes him a literally outsider to our universe.
    Alternatively he could follow micheal back from one of his dimension hopping excursions. He smart dangerous and durable. Maybe a good match since he has no
    problem workting through proxy either.

He could easily be a Doctor Doom like figure for dc, he certainly was in his own comic.
    Possibly, I don't really remember anything about the Outsider though.

So here's a weird one, what if he fought Mr. Mind? I highly intelligent telepathic caterpillar who can also play with the Multiverse? I know its a weird choice but remember 52.

A more conventional threat could be Brainiac.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

TO Morrow would be a good foe.

Mr. T's smart, but how do you outsmart the future?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    TO Morrow would be a good foe.

Mr. T's smart, but how do you outsmart the future?
    I love it. Thats really clever.

So Rogues Gallery then.

One villain that is from "Outside" reality. A master manipulator and power broker moving behind the world stage, Gates and Jobs but also Ghengis Khan, and into acquisitions of extradimensional things like him. And also a physical powerhouse.
    Examples/Inspirations Dr. Doom, Dr. Midas, Dark Beast. (not a LOT of guys like that from marvel)

One villain that is actually a Intellectual equal, and at first is a visionary futurist, and has a machine that can see the future. Like most "prophets" however what he has and knows eventually drives him a little bit mad (because he's actually RIGHT about all of it). NOT to mention he's a master of A.I. Which gives him some rather amazing archs especially with ChatGPT 4 right now and all those dire elon musk warnings. :\
    So we got a guy who "Specifically" sees OMAC, skynet, and days of future past aka machine war1. So he gets all kind of rogue A.I. Hijinks as well as eventually making copies of himself and back up brains and weapons of mass destruction. T.O. Is not someone to be taken lightly by any means.

Maybe a strong guy. Some physical threat like a Deathstroke type figure would help round out the trio of "top baddies", but FEEL like as people mentioned earlier he should have some demigod or diefic-figure be an underlying thing he has issue with.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe it's because I'm someone with more of an affinity or reading experience with the character so I view her differently but Karen as a very intelligent (her civilian identity often runs a tech/software company and she's Kryptonian), confident, and downright brassy woman feels like it would pair well with Michael. Like Ms. Terrific but more like a tomboy, if that makes sense. It's part of why they shipped her with Dr. Mid-Nite I think (though Michael and Pieter have very different personalities).

Although there was the Linda Danvers Supergirl if you want to pair him with a literal angel Supergirl .
    The problem for me with that one was that they never, (hi Flash showrunner), bothered to show us how they got to that point. It's just PG and Mr. Terrific are sleeping together, and neither one regards it with any seriousness. All those points were made abundantly clear, but nothing about how that dynamic developed. Which is a pretty big deal for that story when you think about it.

It could have been made to work, but it didn't as presented, and for me, that's that. Move on DC, and never do that again. You want to do a story like that, you need to put in the work to lead up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The problem for me with that one was that they never, (hi Flash showrunner), bothered to show us how they got to that point. It's just PG and Mr. Terrific are sleeping together, and neither one regards it with any seriousness. All those points were made abundantly clear, but nothing about how that dynamic developed. Which is a pretty big deal for that story when you think about it.

It could have been made to work, but it didn't as presented, and for me, that's that. Move on DC, and never do that again. You want to do a story like that, you need to put in the work to lead up to it.
    Obviously... every relationship is poison to somebody for something, but it pretty pathetic that its such a sticking point. Seriously, for some people its squcik but grown ups have relationships and we'd be better served most likely,
    getting over it and never mentioning it again. They slept together, it doesn't need to be shaded, its fine. "IN MEDIA RES" is a valid way of presenting a story even a relationship story so if they wanted to pursue it and tell the love story
    in flashbacks its shouldn't be a problem to the point someone feels like "thats that." they ruined it. Its closer to whatever. If thats the most important thing to you... and you have a problem with it.

You're not really appreciating Mr. Terrific at that point.

...you're just complaining about a single scene book that came out over 11 years ago. A lots happened since then with THIS character. Dwelling on that, ESPECIALLY if you're against because of presentation...its detrimental to the thread.
    Lets not dwell on it.

That said. Did anyone watch between:
    The Terrifics
    Tom Taylor stealing the show in for Michael in Strange Adventures
    Chess with superman in the animated Injustice book...

and now being on James Gunns radar is a LOT of exposure for this awesome character. I know I shouldn't but I feel like its a great time to a Mr. Terrific fan.

Cameo appearance with the Justice Society of America in Stargirl: The Lost Children #6:

Extraordinary Member

“Hey Michael. Terry had a sidekick you never heard about. Courtney rescued a bunch of them through time with the android Hourman. Here he is. Can you give him a place to stay? Thanks so much”