Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Has Roy ever shown to outgrow his sleeziness? Seems to be a running theme from New Teen Titans to Titans to Outsiders to the Outlaws.
    It doesn't seem to be that prevalent in stories focused on him and Lian.

I don't think it was at all a factor during Rebirth.

Green Arrow #3 (Main and Variant Covers) - Artwork by Ejikure, Sean Izaakse, Luciano Vecchio and Derrick Chew

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...ariant_covers/

I hope they remember Roy is more than just an archer.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

I like Roy with a little scruff & I would love him to join the Seven Soldiers or make a new Outsiders/Outlaws with Conner Kent & Jason Todd
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Has Roy ever been mentioned to invent any of the arrows he uses?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Has Roy ever been mentioned to invent any of the arrows he uses?
    I think in the New 52-Rebirth he designed the Trick Arrows.

This was posted in the Green Arrow by Joshua Williamson and Sean Izaakse thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    UNOFFICIAL GREEN ARROW WEEK! - Every day this week we're talking about GREEN ARROW

https://joshuawilliamson.substack.co...een-arrow-week
    Joshua Williamson - WELCOME TO THE UNOFFICIAL GREEN ARROW WEEK! (And a few more days after that…)
    Green Arrow #1’s Final order Cut-Off is in two weeks on April 2nd. Normally I’d just promote the book the week before the FOC and then the week of release. But this time I thought I’d try something different. I’d start a bit early and offer up way more info and behind the scenes looks at the series than I’d normally do. So, let’s begin!

Here is the schedule for this week and the next week.

MONDAY: That’s today. Cool designs and the FAQ about the series.

TUESDAY: Comic Pop Returns video interview about Green Arrow and Knight Terrors. Plus, a never before scene page from Green Arrow #1!

WEDNESDAY: I interview Sean about his love of Green Arrow. I will also show off the moment I feel in love with Sean’s work…at Marvel?

THURSDAY: Sean interviews me about my love of Green Arrow.

FRIDAY: Sean's and my favorite Green Arrow (and Family) issues. Also, with some more art! Process on the #1 cover.

There will be some posts over the weekend but I’ll leave those as surprises.
    And The New Arrow-Family designs from the upcoming Green Arrow series! Art by Sean Izaakse

Roy looks great .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Roy looks great .
    I sort of prefer this older look:

As a longtime Roy Harper fan my only problem with this costume was the color scheme. It would've been so much cooler in either his original color scheme or the one he ended up with in his Arsenal mini which DC is finally returning to for the character.

I can't see Roy in purple.

Incredible Member

And I wonder if anyone has read the interview with Sean Izaakse

https://joshuawilliamson.substack.co...kse-unofficial

Here the parts where he talks about Roy

For Roy, well anyone who's followed me for a long time or who knows me knows that Roy Harper/Arsenal is arguably my second favourite DC character of all time. So coming up with a design for him was intimidating to say the least because I have such a history with the character. So I was stuck with coming up with my own stamp on him but still coming up with a costume that was tied to what I felt was one of the best times in the character's history. So my design had to have elements of his costume he got way back in his solo 90's miniseries (designed by Adam Warren). That costume was so different to anything I had seen before. It was its own thing and unique to Roy, so that was my starting point. Much like when Robin wanted to get out of Batman's shadow and became Nightwing, I felt that Roy by now would be confident to stand on his own and not have a costume that tied him too close to Ollie's Green Arrow costume or his Red Arrow suit. I think the design for Roy is about 90% of what I wanted. Honestly I could probably still tweak it a tiny bit and might even do so in future issues if this series goes beyond the initial six issues and into an ongoing series.

JOSHUA: I agree 100%. It’s one of the reasons I started to call him Arsenal again instead of Red Arrow, because I felt like it was HIS name. Part of him becoming his own person. (And also, Emiko is Red Arrow now.)

JOSHUA: Of all the Green Arrow family cast....who were you most excited to work with?

SEAN: I think that part is easy for anyone to see. Roy Harper. He's always been kinda lost and uncertain of himself. I'm looking forward to showing everyone the competent, noble, and caring hero he is and that he can stand next to the likes of Nightwing and Flash. It's gonna be a blast.

People will quickly see how awesome Roy is in this series!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I hope this book is as good as the enthusiasm Williamson and Izaakse are showing for the book. I hope the book gets a green light (no pun intended) just for that alone! I love that Izaakse loves Roy so much (and that they both see that Arsenal is to him what Nightwing was to Grayson.) So looking forward to this series.

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    I like Roy with a little scruff & I would love him to join the Seven Soldiers or make a new Outsiders/Outlaws with Conner Kent & Jason Todd
    ^^^Thats a good trinity of characters. Kudos!

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I hope this book is as good as the enthusiasm Williamson and Izaakse are showing for the book. I hope the book gets a green light (no pun intended) just for that alone! I love that Izaakse loves Roy so much (and that they both see that Arsenal is to him what Nightwing was to Grayson.) So looking forward to this series.
    Same here .

Question(s):

Have Roy and Jim Harper ever met and interacted?

How exactly are they related?

I Googled both subjects myself and came up short.
    I always thought Jim was Roy’s grunkle.