Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default The Marvels : who else is in THAT universe?

I wonder, who else is in *THAT* universe? FF (Chiklis, Alba etc now with Franklin and Valeria), Miles, Bana hulk, seventies Strange? Mayor Murdock (Affleck)

Your thoughts on this?
    Last edited by AnthonyO'Brien; 11-21-2023 at 08:07 PM.

FF yes, the first Fox version is probably in the same world as the X-Men, and Affleck Daredevil too. Hulk wasn't Fox though (it's Universal), so that one's a different universe. 70s Strange will be the same universe as Ferrigno/Bixby Hulk which is from the same period. And what do you mean by Miles? Spider-Verse is a cartoon, that's certainly not in the same universe as any of the live action stuff.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    FF yes, the first Fox version is probably in the same world as the X-Men, and Affleck Daredevil too. Hulk wasn't Fox though (it's Universal), so that one's a different universe. 70s Strange will be the same universe as Ferrigno/Bixby Hulk which is from the same period. And what do you mean by Miles? Spider-Verse is a cartoon, that's certainly not in the same universe as any of the live action stuff.
    But is the Marvels post-credits scene the same universe as the Fox Universe, I wonder?

The original 10005 timeline ended up a dystopia that was seemingly erased from existence (not sure if they'll stick with that though).

With the second timeline, it depends. If Logan is canon to the revised TRN414 timeline, then it is likely the Marvels post-credits universe is a different reality. Another possibility is that Logan happens AFTER the events of the Secret Wars. The Deadpool 3 director said Logan is canon, but when the Multiverse is involved, it is kind of hard to tell what is canon to what. He didn't specify it.
    Last edited by Ubauba01; 11-22-2023 at 07:53 AM.

I heard some rumors that spoilers:
    many of the previous movie characters and their universes (like the Tim Story FF or Affleck DD) are going to get erased from existence (to mimic the original Jonathan Hickman story, I guess). Hopefully, they don't do this or if they do, the universes and the characters come back to existence after Secret Wars.

Even though there aren't any stories told in those universes, I still don't think they should be erased.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Ubauba01; 11-22-2023 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bixby/Ferrigno's Hulk had their own versions of Thor and Daredevil. They should be cameoed too. I wonder if the Captain Amrerica '79 and Nick Hammond's Spider-Man came in the same pack too.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Logan is not canon. It's in its own universe with its own multiverse number.

Mighty Member

Thanks for the replies.

Would love latter day FF: Johnny died like he did in #FF600 and was replaced by maybe Jen, Cage, Frankie Raye or White spidey suit Tom. Mcmahon Doom returns to be killed alongside 2015 doom By MCU DOOM.

New universe characters? The tear in reality reminds me of the old house ad ...

Tobey/Andrew Spidey (Miles live action debut?)
    Cruise/Dicaprio Tony?

Mayor Murdoch cameo. Gave up being DD after being outed in the press.

CGI/lookalike muscleman hulk voiced by Lou.

Powerpack. Runaways (screw the TV series). Snipes Blade. 80's Howard the duck. Japanese/Indian Spidey. Deadpool
    others?
    Last edited by AnthonyO'Brien; 11-22-2023 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Logan is not canon. It's in its own universe with its own multiverse number.
    James Mangold, Hugh Jackman, Ryan Reynolds, and Shawn Levy say otherwise.

The events of the films are separated into two "timelines"; the original timeline and the new timeline.[131][132] The setting of Logan was initially implied by Hugh Jackman to be set in an alternate timeline and not following the prequel films, before director James Mangold stated that it was related;[133][134] Marvel later officially classified the film as a separate universe from the film series in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z. Within the Marvel multiverse, the original timeline was officially designated as Earth-10005, the events of Deadpool 2 as Earth-41633, the events of Logan as Earth-17315, while the new timeline, consisting of the prequel films, Deadpool and The New Mutants remains undesignated.[135]
    Repeat--

Marvel later officially classified the film as a separate universe from the film series in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z. Within the Marvel multiverse,
    Marvel says its not canon its not canon. It's even listed as not canon in marvel handbooks. It is its own universe.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 11-22-2023 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Repeat--

Marvel says its not canon its not canon. It's even listed as not canon in marvel handbooks. It is its own universe.
    Marvel Database is a fan wiki, dude.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    James Mangold, Hugh Jackman, Ryan Reynolds, and Shawn Levy say otherwise.
    Hugh Jackman originally said differently, but I imagine they didn't want to advertise it as such so he went back on it. They'll say whatever they think will make the movie more marketable to audiences.

But there's a lot of things in the Logan movie that don't really fit with the other movies. I honestly always looked at it the same as the comic, as a possible future/alternate timeline. Especially since it completely ruins everything DOFP finally fixed.

Also, the yellow costume, as well as Beast's look and costume don't really line up with the Fox Universe.

I feel like making a trashy comedy like Deadpool an integral part of the MCU is a bad idea. We're seriously going to have corny fourth wall breaks and winking at the camera in a battle for all existence? We're supposed to believe Wolverine went on some zany comedic romp through the multiverse with Deadpool in a yellow superhero outfit before the events of Logan?

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Hugh Jackman originally said differently, but I imagine they didn't want to advertise it as such so he went back on it. They'll say whatever they think will make the movie more marketable to audiences.

But there's a lot of things in the Logan movie that don't really fit with the other movies. I honestly always looked at it the same as the comic, as a possible future/alternate timeline. Especially since it completely ruins everything DOFP finally fixed.

Also, the yellow costume, as well as Beast's look and costume don't really line up with the Fox Universe.

I feel like making a trashy comedy like Deadpool an integral part of the MCU is a bad idea. We're seriously going to have corny fourth wall breaks and winking at the camera in a battle for all existence? We're supposed to believe Wolverine went on some zany comedic romp through the multiverse with Deadpool in a yellow superhero outfit before the events of Logan?
    Wolverine did wear the yellow suit at some point, this was shown in Logan. Also, Beast looked like a cat in X-Men: First Class but different in the other films. It is no different from Emil Blonsky's new Abomination form.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post

Yeah, wouldn’t want the association to bring the MCU down from its current highs. Such quality! LOL.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I couldn’t follow the Marvels movie. Who was that female in the dark pants suit?

And can someone give a rundown of the post-credits preview please? I walked out after the movie finished, and missed it.

Mighty Member

Male Marvell. Alive and well

Ben Grimm. Michael C. Now uses thing ring to power up...