Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

The closing moments of this final trailer - Fury to Monica: "Black Girl Magic!" and Captain Rambeau seemingly being a key player in "THE MOMENT THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING", may get me into the theaters to see this after prolonged skepticism.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

The Marvels post-credit scenes
    spoilers:
    Maria, Monica's mother was supposed to be dead... but she isn't. She's Binary!

As for Monica herself, she's ended up in an alternate universe... let's hope she survives the experience...
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The closing moments of this final trailer - Fury to Monica: "Black Girl Magic!" and Captain Rambeau seemingly being a key player in "THE MOMENT THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING", may get me into the theaters to see this after prolonged skepticism.

I just hope that Monica lives until the end of the movie and does not sacrifice herself to save Carol.. it's a trope that has been seen in various other films (e.g., the Defiant Ones), and I hope it is not uplifted here.

I see you didn't read my spoiler tagged post.

spoilers:
    She lives, you needn't worry about that.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

After seeing the movie, I was pleasantly surprised by how well Monica was represented.

spoilers:
    As a fan, I was slightly disappointed in the use of her powers. I kept thinking as a scientist she should have explored her abilities a little bit more. I also was disappointed by her lack of super-speed. Her ability to pass through matter was highly underused too.i feel like some small explanation on her abilities would have helped.
    end of spoilers
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    After seeing the movie, I was pleasantly surprised by how well Monica was represented.
    This is very encouraging. I probably won't catch the movie in the theater, but maybe when it streams.

I thought Monica had a very good showing in The Marvels. She’s probably even my new favorite (strictly) MCU character.

There's new a Marvel Unlimited comic called Who is Monica Rambeau (there's also ones about Ms. Marvel and the Flerken). We see the military recapping her origin, Monica herself on a talk show while Carol and Kamala, and SamCap and Tony watch it, and then Monica talking to She-Hulk about her old codenames - apparently a cable company is also called Photon and is trying to sue her!

Mighty Member

I wonder, who else is in THAT universe? FF (Chiklis, Alba etc now with Franklin and Valeria), miles, bana hulk, seventies strange?

Your thoughts on this?

Incredible Member

I have a minor gripe about how MCU Monica lacks the confidence of the comics version but I feel like we have already had that with her mother.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    I have a minor gripe about how MCU Monica lacks the confidence of the comics version but I feel like we have already had that with her mother.
    I'm okay with this level of confidence in her second appearance, and like, the first time even flew, but I definitely want her to be more sure of herself and confident in future appearances. As readers, we have decades of experience with these characters, which, in the MCU, they haven't earned for themselves yet.

I'm less forgiving of that sort of goofy or unsure behavior from someone like Thor in his first movie, who may be in a 'first MCU appearance,' but is supposed to have been active for *thousands of years.*

Astonishing Member

Exactly. I thought Monica was quite confident in certain areas in this movie--but was understandably less confident in areas that she had no experience in. It would be unrealistic for her to be fully confident already when she is still learning what she can do and how to do it. 616 Monica wasn't 100% confident and perfect right from the beginning either, and it took a while for her to learn how to control her powers. I think we'll see MCU Monica continue to grow into the same type of confident hero her comics counterpart is, and I think we saw her making progress in that journey already in this movie.

Last edited by Thirteen; 11-24-2023 at 02:03 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Love Stelfreeze's work, but I definitely can now see why some say Monica's original costume is dated. But it was an awesome costume for its time and I hope Marvel keeps designing new looks for Monica.

I think it would still be great today.
    But without those ridiculous high heels that she didn't have in the original costume. A shame so many good artists (and cosplayers too) are ruining perfectly accurate costumes by adding that.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way