Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So many codenames Monica .
    To be fair, Carol has had just as many, and most of the Marvels use multiple codenames. Monica was Captain Marvel, Pulsar, Photon and Spectrum. Carol's been Ms. Marvel, Binary, Warbird and Captain Marvel. Noh-Varr has been Protector, Marvel Boy, and Captain Marvel. Genis-Vell was Legacy, Captain Marvel, and Photon (he stole the latter two from Monica!). Phyla-Vell has been Captain Marvel and Martyr. The only ones with only one codename are Hulkling, Mar-Vell, and Kamala - and Teddy and Kamala have both been shown to become Captain Marvel in potential futures.

In fact, aren't both Genis and Phyla currently Captain Marvel too? Though the currently active Phyla is from an alternate universe where presumably Carol wasn't using the name. Genis though, he was resurrected, there's no reason why he couldn't have used the Photon name again like he had in the Thunderbolts run he was killed off in, except that they actually gave him a comic with the same naming structure as Monica's (Genis-Vell: Captain Marvel). The Photon name was vacant at the time (last year) as Monica was using the Spectrum name.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-24-2023 at 06:49 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Photon issue 03 was really good much better than issue two. The story progressed quite a bit and Monica did a couple of interesting things with her powers.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

This was pretty good issue and I damn sure wouldn't complain if it became an ongoing series. So far this has been a great spotlight for Monica and hopefully Ewing will stick the landing

Fantastic Member

I missed out on the second issue. Did get the third. I enjoyed the artwork, but the story felt a bit aimless to me. I am glad that we got to see Monica save people, but I do feel the issue lacked action and the mini needs a villain. The cover for the next issue looks like we might be getting a villain/big bad so that's good.

Astonishing Member

The costume on the Marvels poster for Monica is pretty generic/boring -- mostly black with a white emblem and piping. Expected better, but should know better.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So many codenames Monica .
    Hank Pym wants to know your location.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    The costume on the Marvels poster for Monica is pretty generic/boring -- mostly black with a white emblem and piping. Expected better, but should know better.
    I hope the piping detail "activates" when her power is in use so its not just flat,
    A bit late to the discussion of THE MARVELS movie poster image (and release date), but the Monica pose initially seemed kind of un-Monica to me...although upon closer inspection the energy signature mimics her "cape" detail from her original costume.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Would be cool if we got to see Monica in some downtime at the end of her current adventures, zipping back to New Orleans and meeting up with her parents for a meal/jazz music. Let down those braids and chill!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Would be cool if we got to see Monica in some downtime at the end of her current adventures, zipping back to New Orleans and meeting up with her parents for a meal/jazz music. Let down those braids and chill!

This is such a great cover!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    To be fair, Carol has had just as many, and most of the Marvels use multiple codenames. Monica was Captain Marvel, Pulsar, Photon and Spectrum. Carol's been Ms. Marvel, Binary, Warbird and Captain Marvel. Noh-Varr has been Protector, Marvel Boy, and Captain Marvel. Genis-Vell was Legacy, Captain Marvel, and Photon (he stole the latter two from Monica!). Phyla-Vell has been Captain Marvel and Martyr. The only ones with only one codename are Hulkling, Mar-Vell, and Kamala - and Teddy and Kamala have both been shown to become Captain Marvel in potential futures.

In fact, aren't both Genis and Phyla currently Captain Marvel too? Though the currently active Phyla is from an alternate universe where presumably Carol wasn't using the name. Genis though, he was resurrected, there's no reason why he couldn't have used the Photon name again like he had in the Thunderbolts run he was killed off in, except that they actually gave him a comic with the same naming structure as Monica's (Genis-Vell: Captain Marvel). The Photon name was vacant at the time (last year) as Monica was using the Spectrum name.
    Not sure about Genis. But Phyla was/is called Captain Marvel.

And none of the marvels seem to stick to one name very often. Especially if you include the many Marvel boys. Justice, Quasar and the Uranian.

Astonishing Member

Genis' recent miniseries used the "Captain Marvel" title -- I don't recall if he's actually using the title though; I think in the story people mostly just referred to him as Genis.

I think the current version of Phyla has also just been going by the "Phyla-Vell" name. I don't recall seeing her actually use the "Captain Marvel" name, has she? The original Phyla did....before becoming Quasar and later Martyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Genis' recent miniseries used the "Captain Marvel" title -- I don't recall if he's actually using the title though; I think in the story people mostly just referred to him as Genis.

I think the current version of Phyla has also just been going by the "Phyla-Vell" name. I don't recall seeing her actually use the "Captain Marvel" name, has she? The original Phyla did....before becoming Quasar and later Martyr.
    She's introduced herself as the Captain Marvel of her universe. But you're right, she does normally just go by her first name.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I hope the piping detail "activates" when her power is in use so its not just flat,
    Kind of like the Sirens in TRON
    Last edited by Thirteen; 03-02-2023 at 10:40 AM.

Monica's getting a Marvel Legends figure this year.

great look for the toy.