Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    It was strange that Lowe said of a random letter that if JrJr and Wells leave he'll have suitable replacements ready?
    It's out of left field to add unless there's something brewing
    It’s a joke about clones lol, the only joke in all the issue that is somewhat funny

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Yep. Noticed that.

Also noticed that yet once again, Wells presents Peter as beaten and about to delivered a devastating blow and must be rescued by someone else - in this case the bizarro demon Spider-Man.
    At least Wells is consistent about something .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    It was strange that Lowe said of a random letter that if JrJr and Wells leave he'll have suitable replacements ready?
    It's out of left field to add unless there's something brewing
    Probably Joe Kelly or any other BND guy who can do workmanlike, toeing the company line, stories as long as Marvel needs them too.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I'll admit the Rek-Pap stuff is pretty cringy. I thought the first bit was funny but the whole design is just bad.

I've been meaning to bring this up but Timeless # 1 actually had a tease of a new Spider-Man that clearly wasn't human... I was curious/excited but if its this guy? Ew no..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I've been meaning to bring this up but Timeless # 1 actually had a tease of a new Spider-Man that clearly wasn't human... I was curious/excited but if its this guy? Ew no..
    Reasonably sure that's just a Spider-Man in "Sins of Sinister", which I believe should be yet another X-Men AU event instead of something to actually impact the Spider titles.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I guess I'm the only one who enjoyed it here. I actually thought the inanimate object and demons were funny.

Tasty pics of Spider-Man was cringy though.

I don't think the series is as tonally inconsistent as you guys make it out to be, horror and dark comedy typically blend pretty well. The whole idea of inanimate objects becoming monsters is a ridiculous idea.
    I’d say it would be more entertaining if not for the premise behind it being the character assassination of a character who even the event has seemed to stop taking seriously. As is, half the time Ben shows up to be cartoonishly evil for a second before the story goes somewhere else.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Reasonably sure that's just a Spider-Man in "Sins of Sinister", which I believe should be yet another X-Men AU event instead of something to actually impact the Spider titles.
    Dang you're right.. he does have the nightcrawler hands and body! D'oh!

I like Rek-Rap lol. He's seemingly literally Bizarro-Spider-Man. This issue was a lot of fun, very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I like Rek-Rap lol. He's seemingly literally Bizarro-Spider-Man. This issue was a lot of fun, very strange.
    good point hopefully he can carry out the good fight in Limbo
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Is Marvel Editorial trying to put the screws on Sony (whom I do not see caving to Marvel in any respect) and ruin Spider-Man on purpose by having Zeb Wells intentionally do a crappy job of writing an already subpar Spider-Man story based on a really bad X-Men story? I am not going to pretend that Inferno was a good story, Inferno was a bad comic.
    A lot of people think Inferno is the greatest X-Men story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    You spell "greatest X-Men story" like this:

D-A-R-K P-H-O-E-N-I-X

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    You spell "greatest X-Men story" like this:

D-A-R-K P-H-O-E-N-I-X

Ahem, excuse you...it's spelled D-A-Y-S-O-F-F-U-T-U-R-E-P-A-S-T
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    A lot of People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people Jeremy.

Fantastic Member

I don’t think it’s fair to castigate Inferno just because Dark Web sucks. It’s a perfectly good story, imo

Inferno has Claremont, after his imperial phase but before he descended into self-parody, working alongside Louise Simonson, who was one of Marvel's underrated writers, and they're being edited by Ann Nocenti. It's not the greatest X-men story ever, but not as good as Claremont in his imperial phase is not saying much. Many of the flaws in the plot come from the fact that Bob Harras had Scott Summers act like a complete jerk when he brought Jean back. I'm Scott/Jean all the way but really Inferno is forced to disregard everything Claremont did with the character of Madelyne Prior.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Inferno has Claremont, after his imperial phase but before he descended into self-parody, working alongside Louise Simonson, who was one of Marvel's underrated writers, and they're being edited by Ann Nocenti. It's not the greatest X-men story ever, but not as good as Claremont in his imperial phase is not saying much. Many of the flaws in the plot come from the fact that Bob Harras had Scott Summers act like a complete jerk when he brought Jean back. I'm Scott/Jean all the way but really Inferno is forced to disregard everything Claremont did with the character of Madelyne Prior.
    Pretty much, and then retroactively justifying or excusing his behavior with Madelyne and Jean by having Madelyne turn out to be a literal clone of Jean (to delegitimize and dehumanize her in the eyes of those, such as Marvel editorial, who think clones don't count as actual people) and then literally demonizing her by having her become the Goblin Queen and nearly kill her own son as a human sacrifice (and likely to spite Scott as well). Speaking of, the same mentality of "clones don't count as actual people" is what got Ben Reilly killed off at the end of the 90s Clone Saga and then revived twenty years later, only to be twisted into a villain twice within the space of five years, since Marvel editorial saw him as a redundancy at best, to tie this back to Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.