Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Amazing Spider-Man #17 Preview

https://www.gamesradar.com/jjj-and-p...spider-man-17/

Looks like I was right with the "Kraken the Hunter" thing
    Last edited by Sr. Bungle; 01-05-2023 at 12:55 PM.

its not even the og sinister six team well at least Jonah is hesitant to yell out get pictures of Spider-man
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    its not even the og sinister six team well at least Jonah is hesitant to yell out get pictures of Spider-man
    Correction you mean tasty pics
    And what's with the cringe names for the demonized sinister six

Astonishing Member

Can anyone post pics of the preview pages, i cant seem to see them at newsarama

You know, it’s interesting when you look at the stark difference in how they handle the antagonists of this story in their separate parts. With Maddie, while she’s doing wrong, in the X-Men tie-in, they still present a somewhat sympathetic angle to why she’s doing what she is. Meanwhile on the Spider-Man side of things, Wells, rather than present the sympathetic aspect to Ben’s situation, instead makes him seem as unsympathetic as possible, having him just do things for the evulz like he’s trying to make him the friggin Joker. Like, he has him in Limbo where he wants him, what is the point of this Sinister Six beyond evil just for the sake of evil?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, it’s interesting when you look at the stark difference in how they handle the antagonists of this story in their separate parts. With Maddie, while she’s doing wrong, in the X-Men tie-in, they still present a somewhat sympathetic angle to why she’s doing what she is. Meanwhile on the Spider-Man side of things, Wells, rather than present the sympathetic aspect to Ben’s situation, instead makes him seem as unsympathetic as possible, having him just do things for the evulz like he’s trying to make him the friggin Joker. Like, he has him in Limbo where he wants him, what is the point of this Sinister Six beyond evil just for the sake of evil?
    Not only that, but Wells is playing the entire story as a joke.

Fantastic Member

I feel like the “tasty pics of Spider-Man” was definitely written by someone who would be super psyched if it was posted out of context on Reddit all the time.

This story feels so tonally mis-matched. Like going for gags and demonic comedy when we're invested in the emotional drama going on with Ben? Shouldn't this be a much more darker and serious story? Especially for, like, a demonic invasion of New York?

Astonishing Member

Ben seems to remember a lot of things for a guy that said he doesn't even remember most of his own real, not implanted memories.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Not only that, but Wells is playing the entire story as a joke.
    Yeah, which it shouldn't be.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I want tasty pics of Spider-Man!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This story feels so tonally mis-matched. Like going for gags and demonic comedy when we're invested in the emotional drama going on with Ben? Shouldn't this be a much more darker and serious story? Especially for, like, a demonic invasion of New York?
    It's weird because Ben going nuts at the end of Beyond and the Dark Web prelude issue played it as being tragic, but now it's just goofy.

Spectacular Member

its clear wells wanted to do an inferno sequel and has bent hell and high water to tie it into Spider-Man... but its not working, this story is juts flat out terrible - Ben remembers things when it is convienient. what happened to him is tragic but lets make it goofy. The writing is just plain bad, theChasm thing (whilst not my wanted direction for Ben) could actually work fairly well if it had even remotely decent writing this is just.... sigh.... well I'll keep reading it via dodgy means, can't reward this **** with my money, drop in sales is the only thing they may notice

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scarletspidey View Post
    its clear wells wanted to do an inferno sequel and has bent hell and high water to tie it into Spider-Man... but its not working, this story is juts flat out terrible - Ben remembers things when it is convienient. what happened to him is tragic but lets make it goofy. The writing is just plain bad, theChasm thing (whilst not my wanted direction for Ben) could actually work fairly well if it had even remotely decent writing this is just.... sigh.... well I'll keep reading it via dodgy means, can't reward this **** with my money, drop in sales is the only thing they may notice
    The funny thing is that Spider-Man did have some tie-in comics with the original Inferno that had a lingering effect on his mythos, as per the Jason Macendale Hobgoblin getting himself bonded with a demon when he tried to barter his soul with N'astirh for more power, so there was a way "Inferno 2.0" could have worked with Spider-Man as a more integral part of it. It's just a shame Wells doesn't seem to have found it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

“Bring me tasty pictures of Spider-Man”

Well… we’ve finally gone full parody. I can’t take these stories seriously if they’re not even taking themselves seriously.