Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    If Hank and Janet get their own colorized suits in Quantumania then I'm hoping for a Ant-Family Sentai/PR roll call complete with a rainbow explosion behind them. It would set the tone and I want to see the poses lol.

While on the topic, if Scott gets a new comic/mini this year do you think he'll upgrade his Ant-Man suit?
    I think he could use an upgrade. I feel like they've leaned too much into him being an underdog or "loser" of the Superhero community.

Extraordinary Member

If Hank and Janet get their own colorized suits in Quantumania then I'm hoping for a Ant-Family Sentai/PR roll call complete with a rainbow explosion behind them. It would set the tone and I want to see the poses lol.

While on the topic, if Scott gets a new comic/mini this year do you think he'll upgrade his Ant-Man suit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he could use an upgrade. I feel like they've leaned too much into him being an underdog or "loser" of the Superhero community.
    I disagree on the 1st...keep the look as is. Any update should be software or the like. Completely agree on the 2nd. The whole "punching bag of the MU...especially by people who were great friends with him." needs to end.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Agreed on Scott being treated like a joke. He defeated Doctor Doom for crying out loud, and I wish they would bring that up more. He used Pym Particles masterfully but lately it seems he has to get lucky with them or needs Iron Man to fix his suit for him, as they mock him not being smart enough to do it himself. So sad.

As for costumes, I wouldn't mind a upgrade. Scott's due for some kind of change. Cassie's current Stinger suit is fine by me...however I want her to adopt her MCU chucks! It will make her suit perfect!

Agreed on Scott being treated like a joke. He defeated Doctor Doom for crying out loud, and I wish they would bring that up more. He used Pym Particles masterfully but lately it seems he has to get lucky with them or needs Iron Man to fix his suit for him, as they mock him not being smart enough to do it himself. So sad.

As for costumes, I wouldn't mind a upgrade. Scott's due for some kind of change. Cassie's current Stinger suit is fine by me...however I want her to adopt her MCU chucks! It will make her suit perfect!
    I want Cassie to go back to the ponytail + domino mask look, but I'm biased because I want her as Stature .

Cassie getting kidnapped and used to make Scott due stuff was wayyyyy too overused after she got resurrected.

Extraordinary Member

Totally agree. Do not need to make him as smart as Tony, T'Challa, Hank, Reed, et al....but it is his own gear. And he is an electrical engineer. He should know his gear inside and out. That whole thing with Hank having a lab in the helmet was just weird.

Having said that I do want to see something like in the Avengers: Assemble cartoon where Scott beat advanced Wakandan security systems. Maybe T'Challa has suspicions about someone highly placed in the Wakandan diplomatic corp but there are reasons he can't go after the guy himself...or send those close to him. So he hires Scott to break into the Wakandan embassy and copy the files he needs.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 01-08-2023 at 04:08 PM.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

I want Cassie to go back to the ponytail + domino mask look, but I'm biased because I want her as Stature .

Cassie getting kidnapped and used to make Scott due stuff was wayyyyy too overused after she got resurrected.
    I do miss her as Stature in red/black with her domino mask that does nothing to conceal her identity. That wasn't the point of the mask, it was for tradition sake and she wore it like a boss. The ideal scenario would be when she teams up with her friends and peers she suits up as Stature. When she works with her dad on Ant-fam business she goes as Stinger. If Hank Pym can have numerous identities, she can at least have two. Take a page from the Marvel Adventures version of Janet and have her suit change with her. Stature big, Stinger small. Would be amusing seeing her clunky helmet morph into her domino mask lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Totally agree. Do not need to make him as smart as Tony, T'Challa, Hank, Reed, et al....but it is his own gear. And he is an electrical engineer. He should know his gear inside and out. That whole thing with Hank having a lab in the helmet was just weird.

Having said that I do want to see something like in the Avengers: Assemble cartoon where Scott beat advanced Wakandan security systems. Maybe T'Challa has suspicions about someone highly placed in the Wakandan diplomatic corp but there are reasons he can't go after the guy himself...or send those close to him. So he hires Scott to break into the Wakandan embassy and copy the files he needs.
    That would be cool. I feel Scott's engineer background often goes ignored these days. He was plenty smart as a everyday man providing for his daughter. I do like the idea of Scott being the ultimate security guy, knowing how to infiltrate almost any place and for the big players of Marvel to come to him when they want to know if their security is good enough to keep out any intruders. Would be a good role for him and gain him more respect.

I do miss her as Stature in red/black with her domino mask that does nothing to conceal her identity. That wasn't the point of the mask, it was for tradition sake and she wore it like a boss. The ideal scenario would be when she teams up with her friends and peers she suits up as Stature. When she works with her dad on Ant-fam business she goes as Stinger. If Hank Pym can have numerous identities, she can at least have two. Take a page from the Marvel Adventures version of Janet and have her suit change with her. Stature big, Stinger small. Would be amusing seeing her clunky helmet morph into her domino mask lol.
    That would be cool .

The second Quantumania trailer is releasing later tonight. I'm not sure what to expect since I'm already sold on it, but I'm certainly going to be on the lookout.

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

I hope we see Scott and Cassie fight together in Quantumania. I doubt they can beat Kang, but maybe they'll have a good father/daughter battle and defeat MODOK. Let's make Ant-Man and Stinger the next brand. And bring Cassie's chucks into the comics! I'll keep saying it until it happens.

I hope we see Scott and Cassie fight together in Quantumania. I doubt they can beat Kang, but maybe they'll have a good father/daughter battle and defeat MODOK. Let's make Ant-Man and Stinger the next brand. And bring Cassie's chucks into the comics! I'll keep saying it until it happens.
    I'm honestly expecting Cassie is what saves Scott in his final fight with Kang.

I'm honestly expecting Cassie is what saves Scott in his final fight with Kang.
    Well, Defeating Kang is in her superhero resume. And on her first day too. Kang better watch his back. I'm currently waiting to see how Marvel synergize this with comics. Scott and Cassie need more attention!

I shared this video in the YA thread and thought it would be great here too! Marvel Entertainment is getting the world hyped for the Ant-Family, obviously for Quantumania. It highlighted Scott and Cassie, among the ants with Hank, Janet, Nadia, Bill and Raz. They totally and purposely snubbed O'Grady lol. Bring on Ant-Vengers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFp2...L&index=1&t=2s

I shared this video in the YA thread and thought it would be great here too! Marvel Entertainment is getting the world hyped for the Ant-Family, obviously for Quantumania. It highlighted Scott and Cassie, among the ants with Hank, Janet, Nadia, Bill and Raz. They totally and purposely snubbed O'Grady lol. Bring on Ant-Vengers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFp2...L&index=1&t=2s
    Poor Eric. Getting the snub.