Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
An interview with Lanzing and Kelly about their new Guardians run and the more I read it the more I don't know what to think about it.

-It's not trying to match the movies in tone (there's that I guess) but I also think the writers are expressing some ideas as being new when in fact they have been done before.

-Like they mentioned Gamora in their run for example will be doing more jokes as something new and unusual for her when she originally was someone who did joke a lot. Drax will be going through a spiritual journey and trying to find his true self when he did just that in the Duggan run while trying to become a pacifist.

-The Guardians breaking apart and trying to build up and become a family again, it's something that's been repeated since the Bendis run really (even Ewing did just that).

-Also they're picking up from Vita's Nebula story, yes the story that never got finished and ended in a cliffhanger.

-Mantis will change personalities a lot because she's channeling from different versions of herself? I dunno.

-Writers are still coy about Groot and Rocket and their whereabouts but they'll appear in the future.

-The writers also flat-out state that there's no plans for Phyla and Moondragon. They straight up admitted to it and it doesn't look like they will expand on the roster so this is most likely staying as an exclusively MCU roster for the remainder of this run.

-Story is dark, the Guardians have trauma and they won't be expressing it in healthy ways. The theme for this comic is a dark one (this already sounds like the beginning of the Cates run! Including the missing Rocket)

-The writers mentioned that they talked with Ewing before doing this, they said that Al's run still happened but they didn't want to continue after it and went into this direction instead.
Yeah, can't say this sounds too engaging to me.

I mean, maybe the execution will be okay, but...