Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

I'm tired of soft reboot relaunches. Sometimes it fixes messes but it gets old seeing characters feel constantly jumping from story to story without proper organic build up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm tired of soft reboot relaunches. Sometimes it fixes messes but it gets old seeing characters feel constantly jumping from story to story without proper organic build up.
    I agree, but I believe that is because a "soft reboot" is only meant to fix/add some minor details, not many flaws/major flaws, which is what the writers using it tend to do.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    The only synergy here is the line-up. Would this particular story be better with a different line-up? Not really.

I think people should stop using synergy as some kind of scapegoat. The real problem here is simply subpar writing and story from the creatives at hand.
    I mostly agree, but the depiction of Mantis and Nebula is all about synergy. But yes, I don’t think this creative team would have done better with a different line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I mostly agree, but the depiction of Mantis and Nebula is all about synergy. But yes, I don’t think this creative team would have done better with a different line-up.
    I'm not sure that this version of Mantis is because of synergy. IMO, it's taking an interesting character and making her completely unrecognizable.

I just "read" the latest issue. I use quotes because I really wasn't paying attention for the most part. Does anyone know what the "truth behind Grootfall" really is? I seriously can't bring myself to "read" it again.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I just "read" the latest issue. I use quotes because I really wasn't paying attention for the most part. Does anyone know what the "truth behind Grootfall" really is? I seriously can't bring myself to "read" it again.
    To summarize about the reveal of Grootfall

spoilers:
    It's some natural unifier that connects everyone thing of Groot's species. Everyone who died isn't actually dead and are currently seeds or whatever waiting to sprout back up. The Guardians are now plant-people defenders of Groot and have convinced Hulkling and Wiccan to let the whole thing run its course because it's "natural". Of course Quill's crazy sister and current empress of the Spartax empire won't have it and plans to launch an invasion.

So yeah we're treating Grootfall as a good thing and something to be protected because it's natural and connects people together, despite the fact Groot forcefully violently assimilated entire world's of people in the most horrific manner possible. Oh sure absolutely no one was given any say in this matter but it's okay cause it "connects people together."
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

spoilers:
    It's some natural unifier that connects everyone thing of Groot's species. Everyone who died isn't actually dead and are currently seeds or whatever waiting to sprout back up. The Guardians are now plant-people defenders of Groot and have convinced Hulkling and Wiccan to let the whole thing run its course because it's "natural". Of course Quill's crazy sister and current empress of the Spartax empire won't have it and plans to launch an invasion.

So yeah we're treating Grootfall as a good thing and something to be protected because it's natural and connects people together, despite the fact Groot forcefully violently assimilated entire world's of people in the most horrific manner possible. Oh sure absolutely no one was given any say in this matter but it's okay cause it "connects people together."
    end of spoilers
    Dude.

It's natural.

That makes everything A-okay.

Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Ok... so I didn't miss anything in my reading then. It's just dumb. Got it.

From the New X-Men SDCC teaser thread in the X forums:
    Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    I think this might be a no show as well hearing so.me big changes coming to marvel comics , starting with brevort xmem takeover in ny last month retailers voiced not so much anger but frustration with recent marvel comics publishing for a variety of things....nothing readers will see till after blood hunt wraps ohbut we are already seeing limited series chopped to 4 issues and with avengers inc and gog canceled look for a little more oversight in what books. Get launched
    Guardians is cancelled, apparently. Issue #10 next month, annual in Feb, then it's over.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    From the New X-Men SDCC teaser thread in the X forums:
    Guardians is cancelled, apparently. Issue #10 next month, annual in Feb, then it's over.
    To note, Lanzing one of the writers made a tweet a while ago state the book was apparently always intended to just be 10 issues long

So it was a maxi, never an ongoing? They should've announced that from the start.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

As I've said elsewhere, I think we should stop pretending that Marvel does ongoings anymore, with rare exceptions.

I'm wondering if this is the last we'll see of the Guardians for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    As I've said elsewhere, I think we should stop pretending that Marvel does ongoings anymore, with rare exceptions.
    I've been wondering this too. It seems really hard nowadays for comic series to go a long time as a main series anymore. It's always a mini or gets cancelled after like five or ten issues. And then some come back as new #1s. It's getting tiring and confusing trying to get into a series that relaunches with new first issues every five months.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm wondering if this is the last we'll see of the Guardians for a while.
    Another team going in limbo? I hope Illyana and her demons bought enough snacks for everyone.