Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    You hit the nail on the head with that take and I absolutely agree Nova is our only hope.
    Fingers crossed. Gunn has taken his "Bad jokes with Manchild Protagonist with Dad Rock soundtrack" shtick to DC.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    Yep, spot on.

When will they learn that these "fans" of the guardians movies do not buy the f*&king comics otherwise they wouldn't be cancelled every 10-12 issues.
    Marvel tried to make them the space Avengers and now it's back to the wannabe movie team.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 01-08-2023 at 11:11 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

The Guardians are in a weird place where the characters weren't very popular before the movie and now after the movie they're super popular. So we seem to be trapped in a cycle.

I genuinely think it'd be okay to strike a balance, after all the only reason I started reading these characters was because of the movies. I miss the Duggan run..

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    The Guardians are in a weird place where the characters weren't very popular before the movie and now after the movie they're super popular. So we seem to be trapped in a cycle.
    Blade got trapped in the same cycle. Three movies but Marvel never figured out the comics. So get ready for the characters to flounder some more until Marvel creates a bunch of teen legacy characters for a spin-off
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

While I'm definitely disappointed in the roster I do have to say that for the most part I love the new designs especially Star-Lord. The hat and poncho just make him look cool AF.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Our only hope is that Nova can save us.
    That won't happen. You know that Marvel actually hates Nova and does anything it can to avoid acknowledging his existence.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

They can at least use Sam since he's not in a book.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    iirc Mantis got her human skin tone again in the the asian marvel voices one shot last year.
    Honestly, after switching between the books, MCU and the game, I forgot what Mantis is supposed to look like.

I feel these runs would last longer if the writers weren't shuffled around so much.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Honestly, after switching between the books, MCU and the game, I forgot what Mantis is supposed to look like.

I feel these runs would last longer if the writers weren't shuffled around so much.
    Mantis is like Marvel Poison Ivy. You never know what skin color she'll have .

I know what you mean. Series never last long these days. It does get confusing for the fans.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I know what you mean. Series never last long these days. It does get confusing for the fans.
    Completely agree and it makes it difficult to keep up with the status quo especially for a team like the GOTG.

Yeah, he needs a place to go now that the Champions are no more.

Groot origin mini announced.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...-own-in-april/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, he needs a place to go now that the Champions are no more.

Groot origin mini announced.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...-own-in-april/
    It's written by Abnett so it's an automatic buy for me.

Using Sam is a good hook. Groot tends to be the most moral member so Sam could fill that niche.

Mighty Member

An interview with Lanzing and Kelly about their new Guardians run and the more I read it the more I don't know what to think about it.

-It's not trying to match the movies in tone (there's that I guess) but I also think the writers are expressing some ideas as being new when in fact they have been done before.

-Like they mentioned Gamora in their run for example will be doing more jokes as something new and unusual for her when she originally was someone who did joke a lot. Drax will be going through a spiritual journey and trying to find his true self when he did just that in the Duggan run while trying to become a pacifist.

-The Guardians breaking apart and trying to build up and become a family again, it's something that's been repeated since the Bendis run really (even Ewing did just that).

-Also they're picking up from Vita's Nebula story, yes the story that never got finished and ended in a cliffhanger.

-Mantis will change personalities a lot because she's channeling from different versions of herself? I dunno.

-Writers are still coy about Groot and Rocket and their whereabouts but they'll appear in the future.

-The writers also flat-out state that there's no plans for Phyla and Moondragon. They straight up admitted to it and it doesn't look like they will expand on the roster so this is most likely staying as an exclusively MCU roster for the remainder of this run.

-Story is dark, the Guardians have trauma and they won't be expressing it in healthy ways. The theme for this comic is a dark one (this already sounds like the beginning of the Cates run! Including the missing Rocket)

-The writers mentioned that they talked with Ewing before doing this, they said that Al's run still happened but they didn't want to continue after it and went into this direction instead.

Mantis will change personalities? Oh god they better not turn her into the movie version. She's like 90s Drax with the mind of small child.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    -The writers also flat-out state that there's no plans for Phyla and Moondragon. They straight up admitted to it and it doesn't look like they will expand on the roster so this is most likely staying as an exclusively MCU roster for the remainder of this run.
    Well at least they are honest about it

Though the constant emphasis about FAMILY is so cringe

How about mercenaries that simply work together and aren't all sentimental fucks?