Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    An interview with Lanzing and Kelly about their new Guardians run and the more I read it the more I don't know what to think about it.

-It's not trying to match the movies in tone (there's that I guess) but I also think the writers are expressing some ideas as being new when in fact they have been done before.

-Like they mentioned Gamora in their run for example will be doing more jokes as something new and unusual for her when she originally was someone who did joke a lot. Drax will be going through a spiritual journey and trying to find his true self when he did just that in the Duggan run while trying to become a pacifist.

-The Guardians breaking apart and trying to build up and become a family again, it's something that's been repeated since the Bendis run really (even Ewing did just that).

-Also they're picking up from Vita's Nebula story, yes the story that never got finished and ended in a cliffhanger.

-Mantis will change personalities a lot because she's channeling from different versions of herself? I dunno.

-Writers are still coy about Groot and Rocket and their whereabouts but they'll appear in the future.

-The writers also flat-out state that there's no plans for Phyla and Moondragon. They straight up admitted to it and it doesn't look like they will expand on the roster so this is most likely staying as an exclusively MCU roster for the remainder of this run.

-Story is dark, the Guardians have trauma and they won't be expressing it in healthy ways. The theme for this comic is a dark one (this already sounds like the beginning of the Cates run! Including the missing Rocket)

-The writers mentioned that they talked with Ewing before doing this, they said that Al's run still happened but they didn't want to continue after it and went into this direction instead.
    Yeah, can't say this sounds too engaging to me.

I mean, maybe the execution will be okay, but...

An interview with Lanzing and Kelly about their new Guardians run and the more I read it the more I don't know what to think about it.

-It's not trying to match the movies in tone (there's that I guess) but I also think the writers are expressing some ideas as being new when in fact they have been done before.

-Like they mentioned Gamora in their run for example will be doing more jokes as something new and unusual for her when she originally was someone who did joke a lot. Drax will be going through a spiritual journey and trying to find his true self when he did just that in the Duggan run while trying to become a pacifist.

-The Guardians breaking apart and trying to build up and become a family again, it's something that's been repeated since the Bendis run really (even Ewing did just that).

-Also they're picking up from Vita's Nebula story, yes the story that never got finished and ended in a cliffhanger.

-Mantis will change personalities a lot because she's channeling from different versions of herself? I dunno.

-Writers are still coy about Groot and Rocket and their whereabouts but they'll appear in the future.

-The writers also flat-out state that there's no plans for Phyla and Moondragon. They straight up admitted to it and it doesn't look like they will expand on the roster so this is most likely staying as an exclusively MCU roster for the remainder of this run.

-Story is dark, the Guardians have trauma and they won't be expressing it in healthy ways. The theme for this comic is a dark one (this already sounds like the beginning of the Cates run! Including the missing Rocket)

-The writers mentioned that they talked with Ewing before doing this, they said that Al's run still happened but they didn't want to continue after it and went into this direction instead.
    Reading all of this honestly dampens my excitement for the book. It may end up being a good series but doesn't really sound like what I want out of a GOTG series.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Oh boy. Hope the art is good.
    "Cable was right!"

They better at least explain what happened to the other guardians, Moondragon, Hercules, Quasar etc. I hope it doesn't get swept under the carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    They better at least explain what happened to the other guardians, Moondragon, Hercules, Quasar etc. I hope it doesn't get swept under the carpet.
    I know what you mean, but not sure if they will. Like, what happened to the original team? Where are they?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I know what you mean, but not sure if they will. Like, what happened to the original team? Where are they?
    I assumed they suffered a loss and were seperated.

You mean the original guardians? Aren't they from a future that doesn't exist anymore?

Well apart from Vance Astro who I believe is still knocking around the 616.

You mean the original guardians? Aren't they from a future that doesn't exist anymore?

Well apart from Vance Astro who I believe is still knocking around the 616.
    Yeah, I mean the original guardians. I never heard that their timeline was wiped out. What happened to it?

Why would Vance leave the Guardians?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I assumed they suffered a loss and were seperated.
    When their series ended, that was the last we saw of them, but they were alive.

We need to see them again in their own book.

When their series ended, that was the last we saw of them, but they were alive.

We need to see them again in their own book.
    Lanzing and Kelly specified that there was an incident after Ewing's run that sets up their book.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Lanzing and Kelly specified that there was an incident after Ewing's run that sets up their book.
    Oh, I didn't know about that incident. But they are my favorite Guardians.

Oh, I didn't know about that incident. But they are my favorite Guardians.
    It's in the CBR interview they did.

On the run itself I'm neutral to the Guardians but I like the writing team so I'll check it out.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-04-2023 at 12:07 PM.

Yeah, I mean the original guardians. I never heard that their timeline was wiped out. What happened to it?

Why would Vance leave the Guardians?
    I don't think the timeline has been wiped out. But the originals aren't in the 616 universe. Vance Astro went back in time and convinced young Vance Astrovik not to join the space program. That meeting of the 2 Vance's brought out his latent tk powers and he went on to join the new warriors.

In the 616 DnA GOTG, they found a frozen Vance Astro. Not sure how he got sent back in time and from another universe.

So not sure if they'd ever bring back the originals seeing as they are in another universe and what with the popularity of the modern MCU version. It's shame because I really liked the original group.

I don't think the timeline has been wiped out. But the originals aren't in the 616 universe. Vance Astro went back in time and convinced young Vance Astrovik not to join the space program. That meeting of the 2 Vance's brought out his latent tk powers and he went on to join the new warriors.

In the 616 DnA GOTG, they found a frozen Vance Astro. Not sure how he got sent back in time and from another universe.

So not sure if they'd ever bring back the originals seeing as they are in another universe and what with the popularity of the modern MCU version. It's shame because I really liked the original group.
    Thanks for the info.

I agree the new team is popular, especially with the movies helping out, but they could have a few Guardian books going on, with the Originals set in the 3023 alternate universe. But I know they won't do it.

Yeah, they are my favorites!

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Thanks for the info.

I agree the new team is popular, especially with the movies helping out, but they could have a few Guardian books going on, with the Originals set in the 3023 alternate universe. But I know they won't do it.

Yeah, they are my favorites!
    The originals are fine, a new villain in Spider-Gwen witnessed them fighting the good fight during a trip across the Multiverse:

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 02-04-2023 at 04:32 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker