Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    The originals are fine, a new villain in Spider-Gwen witnessed them fighting the good fight during a trip across the Multiverse:

Huh! I did not know that. Thanks, CaptainUniverse!

The entire team is shown! So some writers do remember them! Thus, there is always hope that we can see them again.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    The originals are fine, a new villain in Spider-Gwen witnessed them fighting the good fight during a trip across the Multiverse:

I'd love a full on team-up between the two eras of the team. I wish the Guardians cartoon had gotten to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd love a full on team-up between the two eras of the team. I wish the Guardians cartoon had gotten to do that.
    Yeah, that could have been a great start to bringing the OGs back in a book, as well as fun to see in animation.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

New volume is released next month. Still not sure how I feel about it. Seems very reductive to go back to the movie team only. I'll still give it a try though.

And whilst I'm having a moan I really want a new limited series on the original guardians. They've been gone so long now. I really miss them

I liked Lanzing and Kelly's work on Captain America and other books they've done. So I'm curious about it even if I would end up tradewaiting it.

I still have to catch up on Ewing's run so that could fill the gap.

It does feel like a step back but it also feels like it might be kind of fun:

Yeah, it's not for me.

I want the OG Team to return and it needs to start somewhere and everywhere: comics, animation and action figures.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, it's not for me.

I want the OG Team to return and it needs to start somewhere and everywhere: comics, animation and action figures.
    Probably wait a while after Guardian 3 releases. Thats the final Gunn movie so there won't be anymore time to synergize with the films afterwards.

Man though would I like for them to stop calling the Guardians a family.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Probably wait a while after Guardian 3 releases. Thats the final Gunn movie so there won't be anymore time to synergize with the films afterwards.

Man though would I like for them to stop calling the Guardians a family.
    Thanks, that is a good way to look at it.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I got caught up on Ewing's run and the next run has big shoes to fill.

I don't mind the movie allusions but I'm hoping they do more than just a riff.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-04-2023 at 06:24 PM.

This run is going to have a tough time winning me over. My excitement for this run is nearly at zero.

I'm down for the first arc--Kev Walker + that bomb Mantis redesign will get me that far

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Honestly I can see this being decent as long as it doesn't try to force the characters into acting like their MCU selves.

So the ratio to rate it on should be how stupid Star-Lord is. If he's a blithering moron then he's pretty much Chris Pratt not Peter Quill.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Honestly I can see this being decent as long as it doesn't try to force the characters into acting like their MCU selves.

So the ratio to rate it on should be how stupid Star-Lord is. If he's a blithering moron then he's pretty much Chris Pratt not Peter Quill.
    Gamora at least looks more hardcore than MCU Gamora .

I think Quill's going to be more cowboy sheriff than Chris Pratt.

They seem to be leaning into a more flamboyant Mantis.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Overall I’m excited for this. A little disappointed the status quo set up by Ewing was dropped but willing to give it a chance. Except for the Bendis era, I’ve largely enjoyed every Guardians run since the DnA saga and the creative team seems pretty solid so I don’t see that changing. It may not be the story I wanted to see but doesn’t mean I won’t like the one actually told, you know?