Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I agree.

I liked the older Vance with his original power set of Psychokinetic (force) blasts.

They were quite powerful, and sometimes they almost seemed like a brain-blast when aimed at the enemy head/face, the enemy always had a pained look on their face, lol!
    ^^^Thats pretty interesting (and very cool), thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yes, we did see Major Victory use his expanded psychokinetic powers to fly at least once -- during the arc where the Guardians faced Ripjak.

This was after Vance got that black costume from The Beyonder, which helped unlock greater potential in his powers, making his psychokinetic blasts stronger than before and also letting him start develop more telekinetic abilities.

The series ended not long after that point, so we never really got much chance to see Vance explore and develop that potential. As it was, the analysis of what exactly his black costume was got crammed into a quick explanation in a few panels of the series finale.
    ^^^This costume?

I’d forgotten all about it.
    Only variation I recall is the awful Captain America variation.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Have Vance and Vance ever met?

If I’ve missed that at some point I’ll kick myself.

There is also a sort of encounter between Major Victory and Justice , that hasn't been mentioned yet. When Vance was still serving his sentence at the Vault for killing his father, the adult Vance Astro from the future visited our time, and, upon checking on the whereabouts of his younger self, becoming aware of the young Vance's troubles, records a holovid for him, and asks the Avengers to deliver it to young Justice in prison, giving him a pep talk that really helps young Vance push through and become Justice. It was in NW vol. 01 #36, if I'm not mistaken.

Kevlon: No, I don't believe we ever saw Guardian Vance Astro ever fly with his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yes, we did see Major Victory use his expanded psychokinetic powers to fly at least once -- during the arc where the Guardians faced Ripjak.

This was after Vance got that black costume from The Beyonder, which helped unlock greater potential in his powers, making his psychokinetic blasts stronger than before and also letting him start develop more telekinetic abilities.

The series ended not long after that point, so we never really got much chance to see Vance explore and develop that potential. As it was, the analysis of what exactly his black costume was got crammed into a quick explanation in a few panels of the series finale.
    Yes, exactly. Issue #58 of the 90's series, when Vance left the team behind and went with Ripjack and the High Evolutionary to face Bubonicus. He was becoming gradually more powerful acessing" the power from within and beyond." (Not a great catch phrase, IMHO.)

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    There is also a sort of encounter between Major Victory and Justice , that hasn't been mentioned yet. When Vance was still serving his sentence at the Vault for killing his father, the adult Vance Astro from the future visited our time, and, upon checking on the whereabouts of his younger self, becoming aware of the young Vance's troubles, records a holovid for him, and asks the Avengers to deliver it to young Justice in prison, giving him a pep talk that really helps young Vance push through and become Justice. It was in NW vol. 01 #36, if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, exactly. Issue #58 of the 90's series, when Vance left the team behind and went with Ripjack and the High Evolutionary to face Bubonicus. He was becoming gradually more powerful acessing" the power from within and beyond." (Not a great catch phrase, IMHO.)

Peace
    Oops! Sorry guys! I forgot about that 1 instance of Vance Flying.

It's been a long while since I read my OG GoTG stories. I may set that as a New Year's Resolution to read through the entire run. There was so much goodness packed into those stories, it is easy to forget some facts.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Oops! Sorry guys! I forgot about that 1 instance of Vance Flying.

It's been a long while since I read my OG GoTG stories. I may set that as a New Year's Resolution to read through the entire run. There was so much goodness packed into those stories, it is easy to forget some facts.
    ^^^And I’D forgotten the holidays Nomads1 mentioned, even though I had that book!

That is what I love about this site---we can learn from other comic fans, get different perspectives and help each other out!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

^^^This costume?

I wonder if it's a coincidence that older Vance had a star on his chest and young Vance copies him?

I really do like that both characters have very similar costumes.

That is what I love about this site---we can learn from other comic fans, get different perspectives and help each other out!
    Yes it's great isn't it

Astonishing Member

^^^This costume?

Did they ever go anywhere with this story? I remember it's a symbiote type of suit. The series ended in a cliffhanger too, having the Guardians crashland on an unknown planet. I don't think that ended was ever picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I wonder if it's a coincidence that older Vance had a star on his chest and young Vance copies him?

I really do like that both characters have very similar costumes.
    Maybe to show that while 2 different Vances, that they are the same person only from different universes (691 & 616), so their tastes and likes are similar?

Yes it's great isn't it
    Yes, and I appreciate you all!

Maybe to show that while 2 different Vances, that they are the same person only from different universes (691 & 616), so their tastes and likes are similar?
    Totally agree!

And yes to your previous comment regarding adult Vance's psychokinetic attacks. Sometimes the way art was drawn it looked like a telepathic attack rather than a blast of pure force energy.

Totally agree!

And yes to your previous comment regarding adult Vance's psychokinetic attacks. Sometimes the way art was drawn it looked like a telepathic attack rather than a blast of pure force energy.
    Thanks for acknowledging that, Kevlon!

I thought I was the only one who ever noticed it. ( I never minded it mostly being on covers and I loved the facial expressions of the foes, it would make me lol, LOL!)

^^^Good call!

Now we just need a story where young Vance somehow ends up wielding Captain America’s Shield for a minute just as a nice shout out.

Extraordinary Member

^^^Good call!

Now we just need a story where young Vance somehow ends up wielding Captain America’s Shield for a minute just as a nice shout out.
    They did that back in FF during the Reckoning War story.
    VanceShield.jpg
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?