Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

spoilers:
    It should be really interesting to see hope this works. It is an interesting plan and it is a lot better than just a standard beatdown.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Oooohh! Movie trailer!

It definitely takes place during the time when Deku and the class were hunting for AFO and the League. So it'll be nice to know that they did do something during that period. And I'm looking forward to Deku using all his quirks with a movie budget.

And our new villain is apparently a twisted and misguided All Might fan. Interesting angle.

I like the fact that All Might's final words of You're Next being interpreted by others as a call/ or warning to them.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I like the fact that All Might's final words of You're Next being interpreted by others as a call/ or warning to them.
    Yeah that's the most exciting thing about the premise for me, I think that's a really neat concept to focus on. The only other time All Might's final words were ever directly addressed was in the Season 4 opener where the reporter figured out they were for his successor.

I've been calling it "My Hero Academia: Hush" because of this Imposter Might, and getting to see all the Deku and 1-A team-up stuff they skipped out on in the manga is very good to see. It is funny to think about all of this happening within the less than a week of time before the final battle starts, but it's not a huge deal for me anyway. Excited to see more really cool animation.

Extraordinary Member

So the movie is obviously going to tell its own story. But I also wonder if it'll be used to kinda prep for the next season. One of the main complaints about the ending parts of MHA is that some of the stories feel rushed without enough setup, mainly Shoji and Koji's mini-arc about the prejudice against people that don't look quite human.

So maybe this movie will build up a bit of that before the new season. Probably not, they never count on people having seen the movies. It just struck me as a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Yeah that's the most exciting thing about the premise for me, I think that's a really neat concept to focus on. The only other time All Might's final words were ever directly addressed was in the Season 4 opener where the reporter figured out they were for his successor.

I've been calling it "My Hero Academia: Hush" because of this Imposter Might, and getting to see all the Deku and 1-A team-up stuff they skipped out on in the manga is very good to see. It is funny to think about all of this happening within the less than a week of time before the final battle starts, but it's not a huge deal for me anyway. Excited to see more really cool animation.
    It is a great concept, especially as All Might would have plenty of Meg Fans

I can see why you called it Hush.

No new chapter this week, another sudden unexpected break so next chapter will be on the 18th. Hoping for another safe recovery from Horikoshi for his health.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    No new chapter this week, another sudden unexpected break so next chapter will be on the 18th. Hoping for another safe recovery from Horikoshi for his health.
    Aww man. Poor fella.

Hoping he can get his well-deserved rest.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    The vestiges are in awe of Izuku's tenacity and impressive use of their quirks. Izuku himself strategizes how to best deliver the OFA pieces, figuring that the only option is to do it when his blows connect with Shigaraki. Shiggy also realizes that Izuku is up to something but doesn't care and plans to just continue his destruction. Shigaraki dives down to start Decay again. But through clever use of Black Whip, Smokescreen and misdirection Izuku is able to fire the second's vestiges at Shigaraki, making an impact. This causes the two of them to share memories. The plan worked and now it's just a matter of going through with it.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    This was a great chapter.

Izuku got to show his combat IQ and how skilled he's gotten at using his quirks for quick-thinking strategies. His ability and tendency to analyze quirks is still a big part in how he fights, and that just makes me happy.

The idea of the two of them sharing memories as the fight goes on is a really cool one. It can be a nice trip through the series highlights for both of them. I really want to see them two of them comment of their respective experiences.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Really liked how they showed even after En himself tries to claim that Smokescreen is the most useless of all the Quirks (something the fanbase has poked fun at), Deku proceeds to make a very effective use of it. That really great part of his character in how he cherishes and admires everyone's Quirks and can see the good in all of them.

And those final moments have me very excited for hopefully what will happen in the next chapters. Having Deku and Shigaraki each experiencing the others memories, especially in the way it's visualized here, with fragments of the characters in their lives appearing before them while they're fighting, has incredible potential for further development between these two.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    A fantastic chapter with a lot of great visuals. The way Deku constantly outwits Tomura was well done. The blending memories has a lot of potential, especially with the whole Heroe wants to understand the villain idea that has been going through this arc
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Deku and Shigaraki clash as their now shared memories flash all around them. Shigaraki builds up an armor of hands and fingers that Deku smashes through with the aim of launching all his vestiges through in one fell swoop. But Shigaraki's shear hatred rebuffs all but En's. It does damage but the fight isn't over yet. A drone is filming the fight from a distance.

We move over to the UA school, which is still sort of in the air. Cementoss and Gentle are helping people get out of the wrecked fortress while La Brava and Hatsume banter. The school finally crashes into the waters as one of the management students is filming the crashed school when he notices something shocking. And at the evacuation shelter little Eri is attempting to rush out into the fray.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    After establishing that the basic idea works last chapter, this chapter clarifies that it won't be that easy to pull off. There's still a lot of fight left in this final battle, and given how long we waited for it I'm all for that. Plus, those action shots are just stunning, especially with all the memories flying around, and the brief moment that paralleled Deku and Shiggy's first meeting with their current confrontation. Good stuff.

I appreciate getting a quick update on the school. Seeing Gentle helping out warms the heart, and I didn't know that I wanted La Brava and Hatsume to interact, but now I want more of it. Eri still having a role to play in this is an interesting prospect. She has one of the most busted quirks out there, but how could they possibly get her anywhere near the fight with a good conscience? It'll be interesting to see this play out.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    Deku and Shigaraki clash as their now shared memories flash all around them. Shigaraki builds up an armor of hands and fingers that Deku smashes through with the aim of launching all his vestiges through in one fell swoop. But Shigaraki's shear hatred rebuffs all but En's. It does damage but the fight isn't over yet. A drone is filming the fight from a distance.

We move over to the UA school, which is still sort of in the air. Cementoss and Gentle are helping people get out of the wrecked fortress while La Brava and Hatsume banter. The school finally crashes into the waters as one of the management students is filming the crashed school when he notices something shocking. And at the evacuation shelter little Eri is attempting to rush out into the fray.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    After establishing that the basic idea works last chapter, this chapter clarifies that it won't be that easy to pull off. There's still a lot of fight left in this final battle, and given how long we waited for it I'm all for that. Plus, those action shots are just stunning, especially with all the memories flying around, and the brief moment that paralleled Deku and Shiggy's first meeting with their current confrontation. Good stuff.

I appreciate getting a quick update on the school. Seeing Gentle helping out warms the heart, and I didn't know that I wanted La Brava and Hatsume to interact, but now I want more of it. Eri still having a role to play in this is an interesting prospect. She has one of the most busted quirks out there, but how could they possibly get her anywhere near the fight with a good conscience? It'll be interesting to see this play out.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Eri entering the fray could easily change the whole fight, though I can't think of anyway of here getting there safely
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Hoping we continue to see more of the memories, cause it is also a good excuse to show how much his art has grown, that image of the Nomu goes way harder than it needed to. That shot of Tenko is very intriguing, cause I've seen alot of speculation that the man he's with is AFO, referencing a theory from the origin chapters, which has now also brought back the "AFO gave Tenko Decay" theories, which I really hope isn't true. I'm cool with AFO having observed him all this time, but directly giving him the Quirk would ruin so much about Tomura's character and development.

And regarding Eri, what I'm thinking this means is that we're going to finally get the Overhaul resolution set up all the way back during the Nagant fight, and he's gonna help in some way. Mainly because I do not buy in hell that they would throw her at that fight, or how she would even get there in the first place. It's also possibleshe could be used as their way of saving the dying Toga and Dabi.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Eri tries to leave the shelter to help Deku in his fight, but is told by Ectoplasm that she can't, both due to how far they are and with the evacuation blocks being destroyed, but also because she hasn't replenished enough energy to use her Rewind anyway. Kota then appears to cheer Eri up, telling her seeing him try so hard makes him want to take action too. At U.A.'s crash landing site, Kaminari and Momo are watching Deku's fight on the phone, and Kaminari feels anxious over the uncertainty of his victory. In Gunga, the news copters arrive to help the injured, including Ochaco. At Central Hospital, Nagant and Rock Lock watch the fight as well, with Nagant talking about how she wants to believe in Deku for the kind of hero he desires to be. As everyone in the shelter watch Deku on the monitor, one person lets out a faint "You can do it." Deku finally breaks through Shigaraki's fingers, and suddenly finds himself faced in front of the Shimura Family home.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Alot of really good stuff here. We get confirmation that there won't be an "Eri Ex Machina", alongside a really cute moment of Eraser Head being the best dad to reassure her. A cool meta textual moment with Kaminari referencing shonen comics, and I like how his anxiousness connects to the theme about seeing the Heroes as people and not just infallible symbols like All Might was. Toga being completely absent is incredibly suspicious, but I'm hoping this is basically implying something is going on and she's gonna survive. The "you can do it" is also perfect considering that was Ochaco said "Deku" sounded like to her. And finally, hopefully we get to see Deku straight up confront Tenko's memories and how he will react to them.
    end of spoilers