Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

spoilers:
    All For One, now merely just an infant, still persists in his goal to take control back from Tomura, crawling his way across the ground. Bakugo appears before him and is about to pass out, but stands his ground, refusing to stop until his perfect victory is achieved. AFO shoots one last shot at Bakugo, who simply chomps it away, causing AFO to give into his rage, whining and crying as he reverts to a fetus, and finally disappearing out of existence.

Meanwhile, Deku is still fighting Shigaraki, who's now begun to flood part of the city with his Decay, declaring his intention to destroy all of Japan within just a week's time. Deku just barely is able to avoid getting touched by Shigaraki using Danger Sense, however Shigaraki manages to steal Danger Sense away.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    AFO finally dead! I still don't believe the character is "gone for good" since his vestige is technically still around, and I imagine they'll be something going on with it especially since he mentioned a "last ditch tactic" that hasn't been used yet. Bakugo getting to do his own version of All Might's victory pose (kind of like the third movie), fist pumped up while lying nearly passed out was nice to see.

It's funny that after Deku and Shigaraki doing nothing for so long, suddenly he just floods an entire city like nothing off page. It does highlight how dangerous he really is, and now that he's starting to steal all the One For All Quirks individually, it begs the question of how he even can be defeated at this point, and what Deku is going to look like by the end. If anything I'm at least glad to see back to the focus on this fight, and anticipated where it'll go.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Finally AFO is gone for good. So it seems Tomura can steal One For All quirks, one at a time. I wouldn't be surprised if Deki is just left with his original abilities by the end of it and uses that to defeat Tomura.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    AFO finally dead! I still don't believe the character is "gone for good" since his vestige is technically still around, and I imagine they'll be something going on with it especially since he mentioned a "last ditch tactic" that hasn't been used yet. Bakugo getting to do his own version of All Might's victory pose (kind of like the third movie), fist pumped up while lying nearly passed out was nice to see.

It's funny that after Deku and Shigaraki doing nothing for so long, suddenly he just floods an entire city like nothing off page. It does highlight how dangerous he really is, and now that he's starting to steal all the One For All Quirks individually, it begs the question of how he even can be defeated at this point, and what Deku is going to look like by the end. If anything I'm at least glad to see back to the focus on this fight, and anticipated where it'll go.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This chapter is a good transition from AFO's physical boss fight to the most long awaited confrontation in the series.

I do appreciate that Shiggy sets the stakes real early here. He is fully capable of destroying all of Japan if left unchecked, and he can steal Deku's quirks one by one. So there's a ticking clock for Deku on a fight he can't afford to loose. To me this indicates that this will eventually be settled in their soul battle.

AFO's defeat was quite satisfying. Denied his final desperate wish and forced to confront a very human, if twisted, emotion of missing his little brother. He'll totally be a part of that final soul battle. But for now, this version of him is down. Thanks to a whole host of people hitting him with everything they had.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    We see Shigaraki successfully enter the One For All vestige realm and steal Hikage and Danger Sense. Shigaraki states he still has no real interest in the Quirk, but will take it to destroy Deku. Deku's forced to go on the defensive as they're blasted across the country, with Shigaraki mocking Deku for still trying to treat him like a person. They eventually end up all the way to Mt. Fuji, as the vestiges discuss amongst themselves what they're supposed to do now. With a wave of destruction behind him, Shigaraki gleefully reveals his intention to destroy the mountain, which will cause it to erupt, creating a wasteland while preventing them from escaping. Despite him now being far beyond All For One and becoming ruin incarnate, Deku stands his ground, knowing that Shigaraki's doing everything for a reason, and deep inside he *is* a person.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Really excellent chapter, Shigaraki is back in full form and practically unstoppable now. Seeing the level of scope of destruction he's reached, and just gleefully dancing amongst it is really great, and really like him taunting and lambasting Deku for not treating him like the monster he wants to be seen as, and Deku refusing to budge. It's still such a big question mark with how far Shigaraki's pushed himself with how he could even be stopped physically and emotionally, but excited to see where it goes.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Really good. Now if Tomura wasn't dangerous enough already, he now has a Spidey Sense, something rare for a villain. It is very cool and interesting that Deku still see Tomura as a person, recalling His and Uraraka's talk about Toga. It should be interesting to see if Deku will stop Tomura with reason or power
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Really good. Now if Tomura wasn't dangerous enough already, he now has a Spidey Sense, something rare for a villain. It is very cool and interesting that Deku still see Tomura as a person, recalling His and Uraraka's talk about Toga. It should be interesting to see if Deku will stop Tomura with reason or power
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    will have to be both beat him up first then reason. Unsure how Deku will beat him though especially now he is cooldown from using gearshift
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Really excellent chapter, Shigaraki is back in full form and practically unstoppable now. Seeing the level of scope of destruction he's reached, and just gleefully dancing amongst it is really great, and really like him taunting and lambasting Deku for not treating him like the monster he wants to be seen as, and Deku refusing to budge. It's still such a big question mark with how far Shigaraki's pushed himself with how he could even be stopped physically and emotionally, but excited to see where it goes.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This is exactly what I want from this fight in terms of character. Shigaraki not giving a **** about One For All and the whole legacy that's attached to the two opposing powers he and Deku weilds. And he finds Deku's drive to reach out to him to be ludicrous when he's fully intent and destroying everything the world has to offer.

Deku on the other hand is simply standing his ground against the overwhelming odds. Both in terms of Shigaraki's raw destructive power and the chances Deku has of reaching the human being within Shiggy. It is that kind of dogged determination that makes him a perfect foil against Shigaraki's bleak and single-minded outlook. I also appreciated the nod to Deku's conversation with Ochako.

The scale how this is also real nice. With Shiggy knocking Deku across the the country, threatening to destroy a mountain and decaying things behind him. Just cool stuff.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Deku continues to fight Shigaraki, using Delaware Smash to stop the decaying ground, and then using the rest of his Quirks to keep him contained and distracted. However, Shigaraki manages to retaliate using his Quirks, leaving Deku stun-locked due to the damage on his body. Shigaraki proceeds to state that by trying to save the "crying boy" within him, all he is doing is pushing his worldview onto him, showing that deep within his own soul he's surrounded Tenko by crumbling buildings, and that he has long since abandoned that side of him. Nana tries to tell Deku he's too far gone and to finish him off, but Deku refuses, believing all he did was put a lid over his pain and wants to smash it. Kudo talks to the users about how he realized Deku is like this because he believes everyone deep down as a human heart. Then suddenly, Kudo notices the hand of Star and Stripe pointing, and comes up with an idea, telling Deku it is time to "part ways with One For All."
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Interesting chapter with alot of implications. The way they both used the Quirks in the fight is really cool. I like Shigaraki's speech, and I like how he points out that Deku could very easily kill him anytime he wanted, especially with how he's able to slice and break off his hands like nothing, but he's too insistent on "protecting" him it's making it harder on himself. Seeing him use Blackwhip within him to try and repair his muscles is also cool and pretty gruesome. Star/New Order apparently not being destroyed is a surprise, but I'm assuming the solution is going to be to let Shigaraki try to steal OFA, and then the vestiges + Star are going to sacrifice themselves to destroy AFO from within.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Interesting chapter with alot of implications. The way they both used the Quirks in the fight is really cool. I like Shigaraki's speech, and I like how he points out that Deku could very easily kill him anytime he wanted, especially with how he's able to slice and break off his hands like nothing, but he's too insistent on "protecting" him it's making it harder on himself. Seeing him use Blackwhip within him to try and repair his muscles is also cool and pretty gruesome. Star/New Order apparently not being destroyed is a surprise, but I'm assuming the solution is going to be to let Shigaraki try to steal OFA, and then the vestiges + Star are going to sacrifice themselves to destroy AFO from within.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This is a really good chapter in terms action and verbal sparring.

Deku working overtime just to keep himself together and in the game while also getting the revelation that he can totally kill Shiggy with a good smash is nicely contrasted to Shigaraki's casual behaviour and arrogant attitude. And their respective speeches is a great clash of extremes. Shigaraki seeking to destroy everything, including his own innocence, while Deku is going to save everything by saving that same innocence. Great stuff.

I wonder what'll happen with the Star/New Order cameo and that final declaration. We do know that Hori's original idea had Deku giving OFA to Bakugo. So Deku ultimately winning but losing his quirk might still be on the table.
    end of spoilers

Swiss army nerd

edit: never mind
    Last edited by greatmetropolitan; 01-22-2024 at 01:30 AM.

spoilers:
    It seems that Hori's original idea as also shown from Heroes Rising for was Deku to give up OFA. Whether this time it will be prementant or another cop-out we will have to wait and see.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    This is a really good chapter in terms action and verbal sparring.

Deku working overtime just to keep himself together and in the game while also getting the revelation that he can totally kill Shiggy with a good smash is nicely contrasted to Shigaraki's casual behaviour and arrogant attitude. And their respective speeches is a great clash of extremes. Shigaraki seeking to destroy everything, including his own innocence, while Deku is going to save everything by saving that same innocence. Great stuff.

I wonder what'll happen with the Star/New Order cameo and that final declaration. We do know that Hori's original idea had Deku giving OFA to Bakugo. So Deku ultimately winning but losing his quirk might still be on the table.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    My first initial thought was that Deku might completely lose OFA by the end, but the more I think about it, what I actually think is going to happen is the vestiges are all gonna sacrifice themselves in such a way so that Deku still keeps the "Super Strength" part of OFA, but all the extra Quirks and the stockpiling power is gone. Basically gives them an easy way to keep Deku as a powerful hero post-War, while also significantly de-powering him. And then there's the question of whether just AFO will be destroyed, or if it AND Decay will and the solution becomes just to make Shigaraki Quirkless.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    My first initial thought was that Deku might completely lose OFA by the end, but the more I think about it, what I actually think is going to happen is the vestiges are all gonna sacrifice themselves in such a way so that Deku still keeps the "Super Strength" part of OFA, but all the extra Quirks and the stockpiling power is gone. Basically gives them an easy way to keep Deku as a powerful hero post-War, while also significantly de-powering him. And then there's the question of whether just AFO will be destroyed, or if it AND Decay will and the solution becomes just to make Shigaraki Quirkless.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That is a possible option. The vestiges leaving to take care of Shigaraki's quirks, including Decay, would leave with "only" his modified body which apparently can't match the superstrength of One For All.

It would also cover the inevitable battle of the souls segment we're bound to get. And if there is anything suspicious about Decay this would be the time to reveal it.

I also like the idea that once Deku only needs to focus on one quirk he'll be much better at it than before since he's been pushing himself to regulate seven different abilities for quite some time now. The burden on his body and mind will be lighter and he'll just be that much more effective at using his quirk.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The leftover embers of Star and Stripe within Shigaraki reveals to the One For All users of a crack left behind from her fight, where deep within the massive lump of lead, Tenko's crying self exists. Kudo develops a plan where instead of letting themselves be taken, Deku will forcefully transfer the other vestiges into Shigaraki, with enough force that will destroy them and let them break open the rift in the soul. Deku and the other users are unsure, but Kudo is willing to take the bet in order to help Deku's beliefs be achieved. Using Blackwhip all over his body to control it, Deku stands back up prepared to execute the plan, while Shigaraki snarks that "he'd never guess he was a hero".
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It's a decent transitionary chapter, basically just explaining how they're going to solve everything. Star's vestige just being an ember rather than New Order still being around is probably the smarter decision than dealing with those ramifications. I was correct in the sense that this will be their way to get rid of the other Quirks, rather than One For All itself, though with an interesting strategy to force the transfer rather than let it happen. And "Dark Deku 2.0" is another really cool look. I like that now even he has his shirt ripped completely off so now the two of them can have a real "manly fight" lol.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    It's a decent transitionary chapter, basically just explaining how they're going to solve everything. Star's vestige just being an ember rather than New Order still being around is probably the smarter decision than dealing with those ramifications. I was correct in the sense that this will be their way to get rid of the other Quirks, rather than One For All itself, though with an interesting strategy to force the transfer rather than let it happen. And "Dark Deku 2.0" is another really cool look. I like that now even he has his shirt ripped completely off so now the two of them can have a real "manly fight" lol.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I appreciate that Star's death and AFO stealing New Order got a little more payoff added. A vague ghost of her quirk leaving a scar on the soul of Shiggy works really well with what's been established for the inner worlds of AFO and OFA.

Now we've got a battle plan that isn't just smash Shigaraki's face in until he loses, though that might be necessary too. It's a plan that'll leave Deku weaker in one sense. But I'm sticking to the idea that it'll be that much easier for him to control his superstrength once all the other quirks are gone. And who knows what state Shigaraki will be in once they've smashed through his inner darkness.

The stage is set. Deku is looking fierce and I am here for all of it.
    end of spoilers