Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Yeah, this is an alright follow up after last week's disappointment.

I like all the things with Aizawa, Mic and Kurogiri. Still kinda hoping that Kurogiri/Shirakumo doesn't come back alive after all this, give them one final moment together and/or Kurogiri fetching the rest of the League as a way to protect Shigaraki. Then he can croak.

The solution with Eri's horn is a fine compromise for getting Deku's arms back. I also like that she's been inspired to pursue singing, it's a cute way to tie back to the concert.

I'm assuming that Ochako, Iida, Todoroki and Bakugo will all be brought back for some final assistance. Hopefully nothing to crazy. Just moral support would be nice, especially from Bakugo.

And as for Deku's pondering about why All For One is back. I think it's just laying the groundwork for the idea that it's possible to save Tenko.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Better that last time which wasn't hard. Plenty of Avengers: Ednegame vibes here, Eri breaking off her horn to help Deku heal is a nice touch, play the fact that it might have damaged her quirk is clearly a sign to remove anymore Deus Ex Eri's
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

My Hero Academia Paved the Way for Anime's Recent Boom, Says Toho CEO

Pretty cool tidbit that the series helped in some part to pave the way for the recent mainstream success of anime.

And here's a new movie trailer putting some focus on the villain of the piece. Dark Might.

Dark Might, he's not even trying to hide he's the villain

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Dark Might, he's not even trying to hide he's the villain
    It's a throwback to those old Silver Age days when Magneto ran The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, or Lex Luthor was part of The Legion of Doom.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

No new chapter this week. But a subbed version of an older trailer for season 7.

spoilers:
    Every available hero still standing, including most of Class 1-A, are warped together and unite to face off against All For One, declaring "We are here!" All For One reveals the reason that he was able to survive within Shigaraki was due to the destruction of Yoichi's vestige, which fuelled his emptiness for vengeance. The battling commences with all the Heroes working together to counter each of All For One's multitude of attacks, with Shoto and Endeavor also joining the fight too. Deku is about to join in, but even despite his arms returning, he has to deal with the rest of the damage he accumulated during the battle. He also states that even though he gave up One For All, he still has the embers inside of him, so after being patched up and given a new shirt, rushes into the fight.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Always cool to see big triumphant moments where everyone assembles together like this. For 1-A only Bakugo, Ochaco, Tokoyami, and Iida are missing, the former 3 being unconscious (don't know why Iida isn't here yet), so I hope they find some way to bring the others so it can be a true culmination of everyone. Sero has a nice little moment, basically being a meta take on him just being someone without a tragic backstory like Shoto, and how he feels about that. We also get the confirmation that Deku doesn't have OFA in his body anymore besides the embers, which leads to the question of whether he is going to get it back somehow, or if that really is it.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    This is a great start to the final battle. Hopefully this will be paced well and not be full of AFO asspulls. With Deku only having embers of OFA left, this is a clear throwback to All Might's clash with AFO, hopefully with Deku's own version of United States of Smash to finish AFO for good
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Always cool to see big triumphant moments where everyone assembles together like this. For 1-A only Bakugo, Ochaco, Tokoyami, and Iida are missing, the former 3 being unconscious (don't know why Iida isn't here yet), so I hope they find some way to bring the others so it can be a true culmination of everyone. Sero has a nice little moment, basically being a meta take on him just being someone without a tragic backstory like Shoto, and how he feels about that. We also get the confirmation that Deku doesn't have OFA in his body anymore besides the embers, which leads to the question of whether he is going to get it back somehow, or if that really is it.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Lots to love in this chapter. The epic assembly of wounded heroes is great as expected. And I always like it when somebody points that "No, heroes don't need tragic back stories to be heroes. Those honestly sound like a hassle.". And it's fun that Sero got that role.

IIRC Iida and his engine was especially banged up. So he might need some time to recover. Hopefully that means he'll get a big moment rushing in to help out. He deserves it. It would be nice if he and Ochako got to be the last two people that came in and helped out. Seeing as they're Deku's true first friends.

Given that Horikoshi's original plan was to have Deku gives OFA to Bakugo, based on comments regarding the second movie, I think it's always been his plan for Deku to loose his quirk in the end. So I suspect that he'll end up being quirkless again by the end of this fight.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    This is a great start to the final battle. Hopefully this will be paced well and not be full of AFO asspulls. With Deku only having embers of OFA left, this is a clear throwback to All Might's clash with AFO, hopefully with Deku's own version of United States of Smash to finish AFO for good
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I still think we have at least one more dip into the inner world before smashing AFO. Shiggy needs one last act of defiance.
    end of spoilers