Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    Genuinely very exciting chapter! Everything I wanted to see Gentle do I got, both him saving U.A. from falling, and showing him single-handedly stop all the prisoners from escaping, something I had predicted all the way back when that first happened. That and seeing Nagant return to the fight, really great that when almost all the other Heroes are down and out, Deku's two former enemies he helped have appeared to help him to defeat his arch-enemy. Now we just need to see where Overhaul is and if he's going to do something (probably not as grand or heroic as these two, but will be cool if he ends up helping in someway).
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Genuinely very exciting chapter! Everything I wanted to see Gentle do I got, both him saving U.A. from falling, and showing him single-handedly stop all the prisoners from escaping, something I had predicted all the way back when that first happened. That and seeing Nagant return to the fight, really great that when almost all the other Heroes are down and out, Deku's two former enemies he helped have appeared to help him to defeat his arch-enemy. Now we just need to see where Overhaul is and if he's going to do something (probably not as grand or heroic as these two, but will be cool if he ends up helping in someway).
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I really doubt we'll get to see Overhaul do anything. The path of redemption was never really gonna be his thing, and without his hands the man has no powers whatsoever. If the quirk erasure bullets where still in play I could see him maybe givning details on how to counteract them in order to get a chance to meet his boss. But nah, I don't think he's earned getting a cool reappearance.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Reformed villains save the day! Really loved this chapter. Gentle makes up for the mistake that ruined his chance at being a hero, and Lady Nagant once again using her skills for good. It's a shame Deku couldn't have reformed more villains but it is great to see both back.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I really doubt we'll get to see Overhaul do anything. The path of redemption was never really gonna be his thing, and without his hands the man has no powers whatsoever. If the quirk erasure bullets where still in play I could see him maybe givning details on how to counteract them in order to get a chance to meet his boss. But nah, I don't think he's earned getting a cool reappearance.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Totally great, Overhaul wasn't going to reform, he is just a desperate armless man. Also Deku didn't reform him like Gentle and Nagant, he just smashed the crap out of him.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think he'll get redeemed or suddenly be a good person, but I think we do need some pay-off from that whole "if you acknowledge what you did to Eri we'll let you see your Boss again". Plus I think it'll fit in with the message this chapter presents that even the irredeemable villains are still people and deserve some semblance of humanity, and Overhaul doing something, not to help the Heroes but for his own revenge, would be the best way to make that work.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I don't think he'll get redeemed or suddenly be a good person, but I think we do need some pay-off from that whole "if you acknowledge what you did to Eri we'll let you see your Boss again". Plus I think it'll fit in with the message this chapter presents that even the irredeemable villains are still people and deserve some semblance of humanity, and Overhaul doing something, not to help the Heroes but for his own revenge, would be the best way to make that work.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I guess, and it would support the underlying message. I'm just not certain if he can do anything of signifiance at this point. Dude doesn't have the ability, influence or even mental faculties to aid in any significant way. Maybe if he had a secret stash of quirk ersaure bullets somewhere.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    We get a flashback of how Lady Nagant got involved with the current conflict as well as her reasoning for why she'ls helping out. After Shigaraki's hand's been blown off AFO is howling in their shared consciousness. Shigaraki ignores that and explains that he's been hiding his core away from AFO's influence and has been reclaiming control bit by bit. He's been doing that by focusing on the place where his hatred was born, his family home and everything that lead to it being the way it was. He proclaims that destroying all those things is the only way to save him just as Deku tackles him off U.A. since the school wouldn't be able to handle him now that his quirks are active again.

In the pouring rain Deku and Tomura Shigaraki face off.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I am really digging this part of this arc. This might be Lady Nagant's only contribution, but damn if she didn't make it count, and it feels like her arc has done a nice full circle. ...would still really love that spin-off manga about her. And that panel of her wounds opening up after she's fired her shot is just sick.

I'm also glad Shigaraki's been clever enough to bide his time and turn the tables on AFO like this. Really plays into his master's arrogance and how Shigaraki's rage and hatred can't really be contained. AFO has created a monster even he can't control. And now that monster is finally facing off against his true heroic rival. Gonna be intersting to see if we'll get a list of what quirks Shigaraki has now that he can actually use them. And I really look forward to Deku's ideals clashing against Shigaraki's destructive goals.

Two panels I'm a bit unsure of. On the second to last page somebody is holding up a phone. Based on the hair I think it's one of the management studies kids filming the confrontation, but I'm not sure. And the panel next to Lemillion calling out for Deku I can't make out at all.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    We get a flashback of how Lady Nagant got involved with the current conflict as well as her reasoning for why she'ls helping out. After Shigaraki's hand's been blown off AFO is howling in their shared consciousness. Shigaraki ignores that and explains that he's been hiding his core away from AFO's influence and has been reclaiming control bit by bit. He's been doing that by focusing on the place where his hatred was born, his family home and everything that lead to it being the way it was. He proclaims that destroying all those things is the only way to save him just as Deku tackles him off U.A. since the school wouldn't be able to handle him now that his quirks are active again.

In the pouring rain Deku and Tomura Shigaraki face off.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I am really digging this part of this arc. This might be Lady Nagant's only contribution, but damn if she didn't make it count, and it feels like her arc has done a nice full circle. ...would still really love that spin-off manga about her. And that panel of her wounds opening up after she's fired her shot is just sick.

I'm also glad Shigaraki's been clever enough to bide his time and turn the tables on AFO like this. Really plays into his master's arrogance and how Shigaraki's rage and hatred can't really be contained. AFO has created a monster even he can't control. And now that monster is finally facing off against his true heroic rival. Gonna be intersting to see if we'll get a list of what quirks Shigaraki has now that he can actually use them. And I really look forward to Deku's ideals clashing against Shigaraki's destructive goals.

Two panels I'm a bit unsure of. On the second to last page somebody is holding up a phone. Based on the hair I think it's one of the management studies kids filming the confrontation, but I'm not sure. And the panel next to Lemillion calling out for Deku I can't make out at all.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Great to see Nagant bck if only briefly and I'm glad that Tomura is fighting back against AFO. Looks like we are really going into the finale battle between Tomura and Deku. Yeah it should be interesting to see what quirks Tomura has, especially as last time he didn't really know what he had or which ones he could use.

The panel beside Lemillion's, is a faraway of the kid with the phone, it seems that it is one of the management studies kids since they have a UA gym uniform.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Genuinely really great chapter. Nagant gets another cool moment. Shigaraki finally gets full control, getting to ridicule and humiliate AFO in the process, all while staying true to his core beliefs about destroying society in loo of the abuse he faced in his home. Also lots of wonderful art here, Nagant's inside-out explosion, the fingers oozing out of AFO, the full page spread of Shigaraki, and then that final double spread of Deku facing down Shigaraki with U.A. slowly falling in the background, I want that as a poster now!

Also this is feeling more and more likely that when the rewinding AFO finally shows up again we're gonna get that twisted team-up as Deku and Shigaraki deal with their shared enemy for good before resuming their own battle.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Also yeah, that's the Business Course student that was filming everything inside U.A. while they were doing repairs. They're basically setting up that this is going to be Deku's big "I AM HERE" moment, filming him saving the day which will then help bring a positive light back for Heroes back in the world.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

The manga will take have a two week hiatus so that Horikoshi can wind down and work on his health.

Given previous reports. That makes sense. Let the man rest I say.
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    The panel beside Lemillion's, is a faraway of the kid with the phone, it seems that it is one of the management studies kids since they have a UA gym uniform.
    end of spoilers
    Got a better look now and you are indeed correct.
    spoilers:
    Also this is feeling more and more likely that when the rewinding AFO finally shows up again we're gonna get that twisted team-up as Deku and Shigaraki deal with their shared enemy for good before resuming their own battle.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The only missing from such a battle would be All Might getting involved in some fashion. I feel like he needs to be there as well for the full master/student dynamics.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Also yeah, that's the Business Course student that was filming everything inside U.A. while they were doing repairs. They're basically setting up that this is going to be Deku's big "I AM HERE" moment, filming him saving the day which will then help bring a positive light back for Heroes back in the world.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That would be wonderful. I've long thought that Deku's deserved a bit more recognition for all the stuff he's actually pulled off. So his big final battle with Shigaraki being the thing that makes him a household name in-universe would be pretty sweet.
    end of spoilers

The manga will take have a two week hiatus so that Horikoshi can wind down and work on his health.

Given previous reports. That makes sense. Let the man rest I say.

Got a better look now and you are indeed correct.

spoilers:
    The only missing from such a battle would be All Might getting involved in some fashion. I feel like he needs to be there as well for the full master/student dynamics.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    That would be wonderful. I've long thought that Deku's deserved a bit more recognition for all the stuff he's actually pulled off. So his big final battle with Shigaraki being the thing that makes him a household name in-universe would be pretty sweet.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    All Might being there would be awesome but it is hard to see how he could help apart from being a cheerleader
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

PV for the anime version of Deku's dark arc.

PV for the anime version of Deku's dark arc.

Ah yes, 'Deathku the Bloodspiller'.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

After the break, new chapter is here!

spoilers:
    Gentle calls out to the Business Course students filming them, who say that it is there job to record everything to help repair relations between Heroes and the public. Just as she manages to restore the flight system to U.A., La Brava also hacks into the students' phones and prepares to broadcast their footage live. At the same time, "Kurogiri" sees Aizawa and Present Mic getting knocked off the building by the Twice Doubles, and saves them teleporting away. Elsewhere at Gunga, All For One continues to fight with Hawks, explaining his plan to force Shigaraki to absorb the rest of him. He seemingly kills him, only for it to be a "shoujo"-looking Hawks that fades away. Turns out it was an illusion created by Camie, as the Shiketsu students have arrived to join the battle.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Alot of fun little things in this chapter. The prediction I expected of La Brava broadcasting the live feed of the battle came true, so excited to see in what way we'll see others reacting to this. Get a bit more of that Kurogiri/Shirakumo stuff, so now with all three of them together again hopefully that gets a resolution soon. We also get three big WTF moments in a row, first with the fake-out glittery Hawks, Tokoyami's meme-worthy gasping face, and then Camie's dialogue with every bit of terrible slang you can think of (and increasingly confused funny TL notes). Shiketsu finally showing back up and getting to do stuff is cool too.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    A really fun chapter, great to see Shiketsu join the fight. The full Camie/Hawks switch was fantastic complete with Camie's slang. I really hope some storylines like the Kurogiri story get wrapped up soon, though.
    end of spoilers