Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    I think they should've just called this 388.5, since it was very clearly meant to be the second half of last chapter, and 389 was to be the Ochaco vs. Toga chapter as the colour page insinuates, before his usual health issues resulted in being unable to finish so just saved the rest of it for this week.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    Though, I wonder what Dabi's thought in the beginning mean. Is he wondering why he didn't try blowing himself up sooner since it seems to have drawn all the attention towards him? Or is he wondering why he could get his father to look at him this intensely before?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I read it as him wondering if it was so simple to do all of this to get his family to look at him, why it didn't happen sooner. Whether this is him thinking he should've acted out in this extravagant of a way earlier to get their attention, or if it's him reflecting on why he couldn't have been noticed without acting out is probably something that could interpreted either way.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    I think they should've just called this 388.5, since it was very clearly meant to be the second half of last chapter, and 389 was to be the Ochaco vs. Toga chapter as the colour page insinuates, before his usual health issues resulted in being unable to finish so just saved the rest of it for this week.
    end of spoilers
    When it comes out in a volume and the anime gest to this point this is all going to flow so much better me thinks.
    spoilers:
    I read it as him wondering if it was so simple to do all of this to get his family to look at him, why it didn't happen sooner. Whether this is him thinking he should've acted out in this extravagant of a way earlier to get their attention, or if it's him reflecting on why he couldn't have been noticed without acting out is probably something that could interpreted either way.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I do like that ambiguity. That in all this destructive passion and assured hatred, there's a glimmer of doubt over the way things turned out for him.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

It seems like we're not getting a new chapter this week. Could be wrong but if it's true I'm happy to wait as long as Horikoshi can rest a bit extra.

In the meantime, this fun animation with Spider-Gwen taking on Uravity and Froppy just got uploaded to youtube.

Extraordinary Member

So I've seen some people say that in the latest MHA volume, number 38, it's stated that the next volume will be the last one.

That's concerning if true. And if it is true hopefully Horikoshi is feeling well enough to put together a satisfying conclusion to this magnificent series.

So I've seen some people say that in the latest MHA volume, number 38, it's stated that the next volume will be the last one.

That's concerning if true. And if it is true hopefully Horikoshi is feeling well enough to put together a satisfying conclusion to this magnificent series.
    Really hope he isn't rushing the ending

If Volume 39 is the last one, then that means the series will be finished in only 9 chapters, and with everything there is still left to do in the story, I just can't buy for a moment that will be true. Now if it finishes with Volume 40, then it has 20 chapters left, which I think is much more believable and doable. That and (on a personal level) concluding with 40 is a much more satisfying number, 39 would just bother me to no end.

Considering that he just announced another break and his recent tweet about how he plans to push forward to the end, I'd take that supposed statement with a grain of salt. Especially since the volume hasn't even been released in Japan yet.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

If Volume 39 is the last one, then that means the series will be finished in only 9 chapters, and with everything there is still left to do in the story, I just can't buy for a moment that will be true. Now if it finishes with Volume 40, then it has 20 chapters left, which I think is much more believable and doable. That and (on a personal level) concluding with 40 is a much more satisfying number, 39 would just bother me to no end.
    Yeah, I too would be bothered by volume 39 being the last one. And I agreed that not only would getting the series up to volume 40 be much more pleasing, it would give Horikoshi just enough chapters to tie this together in a satisfying manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Considering that he just announced another break and his recent tweet about how he plans to push forward to the end, I'd take that supposed statement with a grain of salt. Especially since the volume hasn't even been released in Japan yet.
    Hoping that's true and will glady pinch on to that grain of salt. Just saw the translation and needed to share my worry. It wouldn't be the first time Hori has been misquoted due to translation issues. Just hoping his health isn't so bad that he's forced to go through the same thing as Kubo and end on a rushed final battle.

So I found a more accurate translation of the text from the end of Volume 38 and it says: “Next volume! The story will reach its final stage! It's time to conclude many of the battlefields! Look forward to it!”

So yeah it's not saying the next volume is the last, just that they're more closely reaching the conclusion. So I'm still sticking with assuming Volume 40 will be the end.

Extraordinary Member

So I found a more accurate translation of the text from the end of Volume 38 and it says: “Next volume! The story will reach its final stage! It's time to conclude many of the battlefields! Look forward to it!”

So yeah it's not saying the next volume is the last, just that they're more closely reaching the conclusion. So I'm still sticking with assuming Volume 40 will be the end.
    Good to know that it was just another mistranslation.

Although I would ask Horikoshi to stop using terms like "the final stage of the story". He keeps doing it and it keeps confusing people.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    With Iida's help Shoto is able to make it to his family just in time to stop Dabi's explosion, freezing the entire area. Though Shoto thinks he couldn't have done it on his own. Toya is burned and frozen, but it seems like his hate won't let him die he's cursing his family. Endeavor knows that the round ahead is filled with misery but accepts it as he profusely apologises to his family for his many sins. Elsewhere, Toga looks in the direction of Dabi's attempted explosion and reminisces about her last conversation with him. At the same time her clones are pinning Uravity to the ground.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    When read together, these chapters are amazing! It's really sad that Horikoshi's health issues forced a few breaks that messed up the content amount and pacing. But yeah, this the bittersweet ending I wanted for the Todorokis. Toya is a alive. He's not healed and his hate still consumes him. But he's alive and there a small chance for the family to heal, whatever form that takes.

This chapter has a ton of banger pages that really sell the emotional climax of this part of the story. And I am super excited for Ochako to finally get the action set piece she deserves.

My one misgiving is that this seems to be Iida's finale. I really appreciated his words to Shoto, but if his main contribution to the final arc is helping somebody else get to their climax then that's just a bit disappointing. We'll see, maybe there's something else he can do.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yeah, this works a lot better as a full story than little half chapters, so when this gets collected it should really shine. It is disappointing that yeah this does seem to be the end of Ida's role in the story.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yeah, kind of like usual, most of the issues boil down to the chapter pacing disrupting things. The Great Glacial Aegir is again a really cool effect, even if it's as simple as just alot of white. Dabi's frozen skeleton is incredibly eerie, I do not see how it'll be possible he's able to walk away from that. Also like that him and Endeavor basically got the complete dead-shot eyes after all of this. Will be interesting to see how the true finale of this story plays out.

Excited to finally get to the Ochaco and Toga conclusion next chapter. Also agree will be a shame if this is the last thing Iida does. There is still Stain, but I'm assuming he's gonna be back when they cut back to All Might again anyway.
    end of spoilers

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    This is really good