Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I was surprised that Machia got this much character development. I thought for sure that he would just be a loyal attack dog throughout. But this is a really interesting development, and it's nice to see consequences for AFO being an ******* to his minions. I wonder what they'll do with Machia after this whole thing.

The second half of the chapter has some wonderful callbacks with the two reporters and the cameos at the end. I was not at all expecting two seemingly unimportant bit characters to show up with such impact. Makes it feel like the whole story is coming full circle in a nice way. And seeing not just Agpar, Death Arms and international heroes in that final spread, but all the movies companions in cameos. It just warms my heart and makes it all feels connected.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's another good thing to highlight how AFO treats everyone, even his most loyal subordinates, as mere pawns. That Gigantomachia does genuinely care for his master, so to see him just abandon him after not being able to see him for so many years, would greatly anger him. Not being able to comprehend that even he has feelings, all that matters is what's convenient for him (letting him get captured and breaking him out later). What I'm expecting currently is we may end up seeing AFO steal Machia's Quirks, which will not only effectively de-power him for good and allow the Heroes to easily deal with him once the battle's all done, but also have the "final boss" be a giant Titan-sized AFO.

The movie character cameos are very cute to see, which I think is the best way to do it. Making them full characters might be a bit too much baggage for people who have never seen the movies (Shirakumo already kind of is a problem regarding that), but having them show up among a crowd of other extras is the smart approach, doesn't require any extra knowledge, and if you recognize them, it's an extra treat for you.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    It's another good thing to highlight how AFO treats everyone, even his most loyal subordinates, as mere pawns. That Gigantomachia does genuinely care for his master, so to see him just abandon him after not being able to see him for so many years, would greatly anger him. Not being able to comprehend that even he has feelings, all that matters is what's convenient for him (letting him get captured and breaking him out later). What I'm expecting currently is we may end up seeing AFO steal Machia's Quirks, which will not only effectively de-power him for good and allow the Heroes to easily deal with him once the battle's all done, but also have the "final boss" be a giant Titan-sized AFO.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Mega-sized AFO would be a cool final boss for the heroes and Shiggy's league to unite against. Though I don't think that would stop AFO's main issue of getting rewinded into non-existence. So I'm wondering if he'll transfer the All For One quirk to Machia and let the vestige take over his much weaker mind, while accepting that his main consciousness will disappear. At least he'll go out with a bang.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

No chapter this week apparently.

Not because of a health reason per se, but Horikoshi wasn't able to finish enough pages for this week.

Which is probably stressing him out. The man is pretty sensitive and I just want to hug him and tell him to relax.

No chapter this week apparently.

Not because of a health reason per se, but Horikoshi wasn't able to finish enough pages for this week.

Which is probably stressing him out. The man is pretty sensitive and I just want to hug him and tell him to relax.
    The stress must be awful. Hopefully he will take a break.

i cant see him doing another series after this. hopefully he finishes the manga sometime next year
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I really believe if he/Jump don't want to give him some kind of hiatus to recover, at the very least they should just commit to making it a biweekly schedule, cause that's pretty much how it is already lately.

At the rate they're going since I'm expecting still another 20-ish chapters until the end, series probably won't be ending until end of the year, possibly beginning of next year depending on amount of breaks.

I'm hopeful at least that he is able to take a good recovery so that in a couple years once he's reinvigorated he can continue to create new series. Giving him the schedule freedom that Ishida and Fujimoto have.

Yeah a biweekly schedule would make more sense

spoilers:
    The Heroes and Machia continue their assault on All For One, but it ultimately proves not enough as he manages to retaliate, completely decimating everyone. After the dust clears, everyone is down and out, and All For One steals Hawks' Quirk, intending to steal Dark Shadow next. But before he can, Mineta throws a Pop Off ball at him, begging him not to do it and to take his instead. AFO decides to not waste anymore time and leaves for Shigaraki. Meanwhile in the evacuation tunnels, one of the blocks is disrupted by one of AFO's spies, as everyone inside tries to recover. As debris start to fall, Death Arms re-joins the Heroes to help, inspired by Deku. Then back in Kamino, we see Stain observing Shoto and Iida.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Love the absolute brutalness of the skeletal AFO. I don't think Mt. Lady or Machia are dead, but they're definitely not in any shape to do anything anymore. I like that AFO only gets the weakened version of Fierce Wings when he steals it, since that shows that if a Quirk Factor is inherently damaged in some way, he can't take advantage of its full use. Also explains why all the Quirks remain the same despite the rewinding. Glad to see Mineta does get a "somewhat" cool moment here. Despite being the most cowardly of everyone, he's still standing up to the evilest evil guy trying to protect his friend, even while everyone around him is potentially dead. Fits in with the Jiro stuff about how even when completely out-levelled in terms of power, they still aren't as afraid of him as he wants. Really hope that Pop Off ball pays off cause that'll be really funny.

Finally Kendo & Tetsutetsu make some cameos here, I'm pretty sure Ryukyu's the only important character left to appear. Also nice Death Arms gets a redemptive moment. And finally, Stain returns, the entire reason Iida went with Shoto to Kamino in the first place. Interesting to see how a confrontation/team-up between them will end up going, and if it will in any way lead to Shoto connecting to wherever Endeavor and Dabi are now.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    A very busy chapter and Hawks is now quirkless. Yeah, I don't this Mt. Lady or Machia or dead but I'm betting they're out of this fight .It should be interesting to see how that sticky ball will come into play later and Mineta did show some guts. Stain encpuntering to of the heroes that caused his downfall should be very interesting. Nice to see Death Arms back
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Love the absolute brutalness of the skeletal AFO. I don't think Mt. Lady or Machia are dead, but they're definitely not in any shape to do anything anymore. I like that AFO only gets the weakened version of Fierce Wings when he steals it, since that shows that if a Quirk Factor is inherently damaged in some way, he can't take advantage of its full use. Also explains why all the Quirks remain the same despite the rewinding. Glad to see Mineta does get a "somewhat" cool moment here. Despite being the most cowardly of everyone, he's still standing up to the evilest evil guy trying to protect his friend, even while everyone around him is potentially dead. Fits in with the Jiro stuff about how even when completely out-levelled in terms of power, they still aren't as afraid of him as he wants. Really hope that Pop Off ball pays off cause that'll be really funny.

Finally Kendo & Tetsutetsu make some cameos here, I'm pretty sure Ryukyu's the only important character left to appear. Also nice Death Arms gets a redemptive moment. And finally, Stain returns, the entire reason Iida went with Shoto to Kamino in the first place. Interesting to see how a confrontation/team-up between them will end up going, and if it will in any way lead to Shoto connecting to wherever Endeavor and Dabi are now.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I'd be surprised if any of the people AFO just whomped will be getting up any time soon to deal with this fight. Nobody is dead, but they're not gonna get back into the thick of it. And that's fine, they did great. That combo would've destroyed AFO if he wasn't constantly healing as he was being rewound, and AFO gets to show off just how stubborn and powerful he is by enduring it all. It's a great sequence. But it's probably good that quite a lot of characters are out of the picture now. There's still a lot to get to.

And Mineta's little moment is probably the best he can get. He's been getting a few cool and redeeming moments here and there the last couple of arcs. But he's a fairly unpopular minor character who never really lived up to the potential character development that was set up in the USJ arc. So this small moment of defiance works as a finale of sorts for him. Even when nothing can be done he sticks to the hero role.

Anything with Stain, Shoto and Iida would be amazing. Whether it's a confrontation or a team-up. Whatever we get I'm here for it.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    As the chaos continues with the evacuation block issues and AFO's impending approach, the Counter-Force realize things are even worse after figuring out that Dabi has been internalizing his thermal energy and within about 10 minutes, he will explode and will wipe out everything within 5 kilometers, which includes a group of civilians trapped within the range. With almost everyone else busy or out of commission, All Might calls upon Shoto and Iida to head their way over to stop him and save everyone, which they proceed to do. Meanwhile, it is revealed All Might has headed out onto the streets, and armed with some support items, confronts All For One alone, who has now become more deranged due to absorbing Shigaraki's hatred.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Chapter definitely made me nervous for several reasons, though mostly for the future potential rather than what exactly happened this time. I'm really hoping All Might's stand off against AFO here doesn't result in a sacrifice, because I thought the message sent toward his character about how staying alive is enough for him to inspire others was so strong that I don't know how I feel if that ends up with him throwing away his life. If he's able to outsmart and distract this unhinged AFO for a bit until someone rescues him (at this rate probably Stain since they gave him a glider for a reason), that I'll be okay with. I've also seen some people worry that All Might is just inexplicably going to be able to handle AFO with this "Iron Man-esque" suit, though I don't think that's going to happen because that'd be too ridiculous, especially after AFO's tussle the last couple chapters. Also AFO with that Shigaraki-esque grin on that final spread is very unsettling.

The other iffy thing is Dabi's impending meltdown, not because I think that inherently is an issue, but I'm worried this could be teasing a death flag for Endeavor, ala "flying the both of them far up into the air, exploding at a safe distance with them dying together." Cause similar to AM, I don't want to see Endeavor die by the end here, mostly because his character conclusion of having to continue to live his life atoning for his mistakes is stronger than simply giving up his life, potentially taking the easy way out. Hoping at least they find a creative way of dealing with Dabi, sure enough Fuyumi, Natsuo, and Rei just so happen to be within the blast zone, meaning a reunion between them is very likely now. Also hoping Iida gets some kind of bigger moment, presumably using his speed to save everyone.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    As the chaos continues with the evacuation block issues and AFO's impending approach, the Counter-Force realize things are even worse after figuring out that Dabi has been internalizing his thermal energy and within about 10 minutes, he will explode and will wipe out everything within 5 kilometers, which includes a group of civilians trapped within the range. With almost everyone else busy or out of commission, All Might calls upon Shoto and Iida to head their way over to stop him and save everyone, which they proceed to do. Meanwhile, it is revealed All Might has headed out onto the streets, and armed with some support items, confronts All For One alone, who has now become more deranged due to absorbing Shigaraki's hatred.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Chapter definitely made me nervous for several reasons, though mostly for the future potential rather than what exactly happened this time. I'm really hoping All Might's stand off against AFO here doesn't result in a sacrifice, because I thought the message sent toward his character about how staying alive is enough for him to inspire others was so strong that I don't know how I feel if that ends up with him throwing away his life. If he's able to outsmart and distract this unhinged AFO for a bit until someone rescues him (at this rate probably Stain since they gave him a glider for a reason), that I'll be okay with. I've also seen some people worry that All Might is just inexplicably going to be able to handle AFO with this "Iron Man-esque" suit, though I don't think that's going to happen because that'd be too ridiculous, especially after AFO's tussle the last couple chapters. Also AFO with that Shigaraki-esque grin on that final spread is very unsettling.

The other iffy thing is Dabi's impending meltdown, not because I think that inherently is an issue, but I'm worried this could be teasing a death flag for Endeavor, ala "flying the both of them far up into the air, exploding at a safe distance with them dying together." Cause similar to AM, I don't want to see Endeavor die by the end here, mostly because his character conclusion of having to continue to live his life atoning for his mistakes is stronger than simply giving up his life, potentially taking the easy way out. Hoping at least they find a creative way of dealing with Dabi, sure enough Fuyumi, Natsuo, and Rei just so happen to be within the blast zone, meaning a reunion between them is very likely now. Also hoping Iida gets some kind of bigger moment, presumably using his speed to save everyone.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't see All Might stopping AFO or dying. He's role is to delay AFO not defeat him. Also All Might dying would destroy any hope the heroes and the world have left, so that's not going to happen. Similar I don't see Endeavour dying again Dabi, it isn't just his fight anymore. I can see Dabi trying to go out in a blaze of glory but Shoto and Ida stop him and Dabi dies surrounded by his family
    end of spoilers

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't see All Might stopping AFO or dying. He's role is to delay AFO not defeat him. Also All Might dying would destroy any hope the heroes and the world have left, so that's not going to happen. Similar I don't see Endeavour dying again Dabi, it isn't just his fight anymore. I can see Dabi trying to go out in a blaze of glory but Shoto and Ida stop him and Dabi dies surrounded by his family
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I agree, I don't think All Might is going to die here. The little flashback to Deku asking him if you can be a hero without a quirk is what seals it for me - if All Might were to die here then the answer would be "no". But the point of this moment and ALl Might's arc since he lost his powers is that he can still be useful and a hero without his quirk. I think he'll delay AFO long enough for either Stain to save him or even Deku, telling all might that everything will be fine, "Because I am here!"
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The ending of the chapter had been spoiled for me online but Hori still made it feel real hype for me. Which is impressive. Things are quite up in the air with the All Might vs. AFO situation. It's uncertain regarding whether he'll live or die, and I quite like that. Creates some good tension. My guess is that he'll distract AFO long enough until the next big change in the battle. All Might himself said that any equipment he tried to use couldn't keep up with his power so it's unlikely that he'll be able to do that here, and as you say AFO is clearly at the peak of his power. So All Might ain't winning this. I like the idea of Stain rushing in to help him though. I also like that AFO is now further screwed by Shigaraki's emotions that he was relying so much on.

I've also seen people saying that All Might in an Iron man-esque suit will invalidate the notion that Deku couldn't be a hero without a quirk and that he should've been quirkless for the rest of the series. All that old whining that Deku should've been another character basically. Which fails to get the point of One For All as a legacy quirk and why All Might adviced against Deku's dream at that point in time.

The Dabi situation is quite the conundrum. Just talking him down seems to be the only way to stop him, as I'm sure that actually fighting him will only result in an earlier meltdown at this point. But the talk needs to be very delicately handled as Dabi's being extremely rabid right now, and getting him to stop with words might be a bit cheap to some people. I imagine that they're able to calm him down somehow but the meltdown process is too far gone and Endeavor flying away with Dabi. Atoning for his sins that way. Which I agree is the laziest outcome. Another possibility would be that the rest of the Todoroki's combine their ice powers to chill down Dabi's furious inferno, probably with a literal cool down hug.

Lastly, that image of young All Might watching young Deku cry is great. I love it when Horikoshi does stuff like that.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm still hoping that they're able to save Dabi somehow. Just like Endeavor should live and atone for his past, Dabi should do the same. Him dying would feel very hollow.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    spoilers:
    I agree, I don't think All Might is going to die here. The little flashback to Deku asking him if you can be a hero without a quirk is what seals it for me - if All Might were to die here then the answer would be "no". But the point of this moment and ALl Might's arc since he lost his powers is that he can still be useful and a hero without his quirk. I think he'll delay AFO long enough for either Stain to save him or even Deku, telling all might that everything will be fine, "Because I am here!"
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I can absolutely see this leading up to Deku's big declaration as he saves All Might from a raging AFO as Shigaraki comes in with his own twisted version. Getting all four of them in one spot would be great.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I'm still hoping that they're able to save Dabi somehow. Just like Endeavor should live and atone for his past, Dabi should do the same. Him dying would feel very hollow.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The problem with that is it is heavily implied and the only reason Dabi is even still alive is due to his hatred, so if he gives up on his hate, he's going to die anyways. The only thing is that could happen is we will either die as Dabi hating his family or die as Toya having made peace with his family
    end of spoilers