Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I've also seen people saying that All Might in an Iron man-esque suit will invalidate the notion that Deku couldn't be a hero without a quirk and that he should've been quirkless for the rest of the series. All that old whining that Deku should've been another character basically. Which fails to get the point of One For All as a legacy quirk and why All Might adviced against Deku's dream at that point in time.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I've been seeing alot of those arguments too about Iron Might breaking the whole notion about being a Quirkless hero. If this is done in how we assume it'll be, basically just acting as a reckless distraction without actually being able to successfully harm or contain him, then yeah it's perfectly fine.

Also Izuku's whole question about "Can I be a hero without a Quirk?" is basically answered in that chapter as being the distinction of Hero and "Hero". To be the type of Pro Hero Izuku dreams of being, yes he does need a Quirk. But to just simply be a "Hero", doing good in the face of adversary no matter what, no he doesn't, anyone can do it, which is what Izuku proves to him in that first chapter, and now All Might is showing off here. He may not necessarily be able to "save and win" the day right now, but he's definitely still acting as a hero.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I can absolutely see this leading up to Deku's big declaration as he saves All Might from a raging AFO as Shigaraki comes in with his own twisted version. Getting all four of them in one spot would be great.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Having all four of them together makes the most sense, but I'm curious how that would go about. Since we know Shigaraki hates All Might just as much as AFO, so it would basically be three people he wants to kill all together, and cause I still believe the most obvious outcome should be Deku and Shigaraki fighting AFO together, AM would probably have to be taken out of the equation at some point. On the other hand, having All Might get the chance to say everything's he wanted to say to him since learning he's Nana's grandson would also be a very important thing to include.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    The problem with that is it is heavily implied and the only reason Dabi is even still alive is due to his hatred, so if he gives up on his hate, he's going to die anyways. The only thing is that could happen is we will either die as Dabi hating his family or die as Toya having made peace with his family
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah this seems to be the best conclusion to his arc, Dabi having some emotional conclusion with the rest of his family, making peace and instead of exploding in a giant nuclear blast, calmly dying and probably just fading to ash in something dramatic like that. They've been hammering home how destroyed his body is for so long that honestly it's hard to think of a way he could completely survive without it feeling cheap.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah this seems to be the best conclusion to his arc, Dabi having some emotional conclusion with the rest of his family, making peace and instead of exploding in a giant nuclear blast, calmly dying and probably just fading to ash in something dramatic like that. They've been hammering home how destroyed his body is for so long that honestly it's hard to think of a way he could completely survive without it feeling cheap.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, the only way for him to survive would be for something like Eri's Rewind Quirk but that wouldn't even make sense
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Yeah, I've been seeing alot of those arguments too about Iron Might breaking the whole notion about being a Quirkless hero. If this is done in how we assume it'll be, basically just acting as a reckless distraction without actually being able to successfully harm or contain him, then yeah it's perfectly fine.

Also Izuku's whole question about "Can I be a hero without a Quirk?" is basically answered in that chapter as being the distinction of Hero and "Hero". To be the type of Pro Hero Izuku dreams of being, yes he does need a Quirk. But to just simply be a "Hero", doing good in the face of adversary no matter what, no he doesn't, anyone can do it, which is what Izuku proves to him in that first chapter, and now All Might is showing off here. He may not necessarily be able to "save and win" the day right now, but he's definitely still acting as a hero.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Exactly. All Might didn't think Izuku could handle the Hero job because being quirkless would put him at a disadvantage that would get most people killed. It was pragmatic advice before All Might could see the truly heroic qualities of his successor. When Izuku rushed to save Bakugou, All Might saw that there was more to this kid than just wanting to work as a Hero because it's cool. He saw someone with truly heroic qualities acting on those qualities to help in any way he can.

That's what All Might is doing right now. He isn't stepping up because he thinks he can beat All For One. He's just doing everything he can to delay a wicked crook from achieving his evil goals. And he's taking inspiration from the day a quirkless boy he'd dismissed rushed into danger to save someone else. It's a good full circle.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Having all four of them together makes the most sense, but I'm curious how that would go about. Since we know Shigaraki hates All Might just as much as AFO, so it would basically be three people he wants to kill all together, and cause I still believe the most obvious outcome should be Deku and Shigaraki fighting AFO together, AM would probably have to be taken out of the equation at some point. On the other hand, having All Might get the chance to say everything's he wanted to say to him since learning he's Nana's grandson would also be a very important thing to include.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There's a lot of way this could play out with a lot of scenes that need to get brought up. All Might and Deku needs to say what's on their minds to Shigaraki. Shigaraki needs to give AFO the middle finger one last time. And I wouldn't be surprised if we get one last visit into the realm where the vestiges dwell. All before AFO fades away into failure.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I agree that everything seems to be heading towards Dabi burning out after getting some kind of final meeting with his entire family. I just don't quite like that. It's a bit too sad. So I'll hold on to the possibility of Dabi surviving. And I still like the idea of Rei, Natsuo, Fuyumi and Shoto combining their ice powers to cool Dabi down.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

New chapter.

spoilers:
    In prison Geten tells Compress about the Himura family. How they used to be village leaders with numerous branch families, even after the agricultural revolution. But when quirks came around they started to diminish since the family leaders didn't want to dilute the bloodline. Leading to marriages between branch family members and eventually children were sold off. Basically dooming the family. Geten then ponders about how quirks grow more complex with each generation, while people's hearts remain the same.

Endeavor struggles to deal with Dabi and his eventual explosion. He realises that being so near death and pushed on by hate has awakened Rei end of Dabi's quirk, and that's what's keeping him alive. Endeavor decides that he won't let his son die alone, but refuses to drag anybody else into their family drama. He embraces Dabi and flies into the sky. But it seems to be too late. Dabi is about to explode before they can get clear. And that's when Rei catches up to them. The flames scorching her skin, but her eyes full of determination.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I am still holding out hope that Dabi/Toya can survive this. So that he can face the consequences of his actions, just like Endeavor. Activating Rei quirk might be the final piece of that puzzle. It also seems like the predicted "Endeavor saves everyone from Dabi's rage but they both die"-outcome has possibly been averted. Here's hoping that sticks. I'm glad that we're following up on the entire Todoroki family deciding to take responsibility for Dabi/Toya. They all need to make their voices heard before this twisted family drama can be salvaged.

Geten and Compress just swapping stories while all the fighting is happening is oddly cute.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Nice, very cute.

spoilers:
    Disappointed that we are bouncing again instead of following on from All Might especially after way it was set up.

Rei's appearance was surprising and a bit worrying. It could be possible (and I hope it isn't) that both Endeavour and Rei could sacrifice themselves to stop Dabi. Already Rei is starting to burn, so even with her quirk, she isn't going to hold out long. Seeing Dabi's mind also start to degenerate was shocking. Still seeing a dead Dabi at the end of this, but will his parent's be joining him?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    New chapter.

spoilers:
    I am still holding out hope that Dabi/Toya can survive this. So that he can face the consequences of his actions, just like Endeavor. Activating Rei quirk might be the final piece of that puzzle. It also seems like the predicted "Endeavor saves everyone from Dabi's rage but they both die"-outcome has possibly been averted. Here's hoping that sticks. I'm glad that we're following up on the entire Todoroki family deciding to take responsibility for Dabi/Toya. They all need to make their voices heard before this twisted family drama can be salvaged.

Geten and Compress just swapping stories while all the fighting is happening is oddly cute.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Find it very ironic that after all the theories that Geten was Natsuo when he first appeared, now they just casually drop they were distant relatives the entire time.

With how Dabi is literally a screaming crackling corpse, even to the point of losing his arm (fun parallelisms there), I still think having him survive here would be too much. Glad they immediately pull out the "Endeavor tries to sacrifice himself but is stopped" here. I also really like the notion of Endeavor's realization upon seeing Dabi manifest the ice from Rei's Quirk, that Toya finally achieved what he always wanted him to, he just had to turn into this zombie to achieve it.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Disappointed that we are bouncing again instead of following on from All Might especially after way it was set up.

Rei's appearance was surprising and a bit worrying. It could be possible (and I hope it isn't) that both Endeavour and Rei could sacrifice themselves to stop Dabi. Already Rei is starting to burn, so even with her quirk, she isn't going to hold out long. Seeing Dabi's mind also start to degenerate was shocking. Still seeing a dead Dabi at the end of this, but will his parent's be joining him?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    We are definitely gonna see Fuyumi and Natsuo show up right behind Rei next chapter (unless they jump around locations AGAIN), since they were all together in the bunker, and then once Shoto re-appears have that full Todoroki family counsel, which says to me they will all survive other than Dabi. I imagine we might get something like everybody in the family gets some severe burn mark by the end of this.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    We are definitely gonna see Fuyumi and Natsuo show up right behind Rei next chapter (unless they jump around locations AGAIN), since they were all together in the bunker, and then once Shoto re-appears have that full Todoroki family counsel, which says to me they will all survive other than Dabi. I imagine we might get something like everybody in the family gets some severe burn mark by the end of this.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Given that Rei is already showing signs of burning around her eye, she will probably at least get a Shoto scar
    end of spoilers

Welp, spoilers:
    the entire Todoroki clan has arrived and trying to talk sense into their wayward son/brother, with varying degrees of success. Whether this will lead to him surviving, or dying but being at peace with himself in the knowledge that his family did value him, we'll see.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

spoilers:
    Wow what an ending. Is this the end of the Todoroki family? It sure is one way to end a chapter
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Another half chapter this week. Considering there's going to be a colour page next week, on top of his usual mounting health issues, it's not surprising.

Despite the shortness able to fit in alot of good moments. The cute Terminator reference with the robot. Rei, Fuyumi, and Natuso finally all converging on the battle, using their Quirks and voicing their concerns to Dabi. Cool details like all the panels having a hazy effect due to all the fire, and that bittersweet "what could have been" with Toya surrounded by his family (though it is interesting all these fantasies keep showing Endeavor and Dabi missing their arms still). I'm still expecting Dabi is the only one who won't make it out alive, plus Shoto still needs to come back to completely round it out, but hopefully we get to hear what his thoughts are regarding being reunited with his family.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Yeah, everybody here is getting a burn at the very least.

And Dabi is probably dying. If that's the case I hope he gets to have a longer moment of lucidity for some final words, whether they be bitter and rejecting or remorseful and accepting is gonna be a big sticking point.

Otherwise, short but sweet chapter with lots of nice imagery.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    A very short chapter and I was worried when I saw the cover page that we wouldn't follow on from last time AGAIN. Thankfully we didn't, but not too much happened here.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Oh Hori, each short chapter makes me wish you'd take a month or so off to relax and recover.

As for the chapter itself.

spoilers:
    I do like how it builds up Dabi exploding as this massive moment of despair that seemingly nobody can stop. So people are either panicking or accepting their fate. But then turns it around through the kids Shoto bonded with as he and Iida rush in for a Big Damn Hero moment. It's a simple but very effective setup.

And the image of Iida piloting and propelling a jet made out of Shoto's ice is ridiculously awesome.

Though, I wonder what Dabi's thought in the beginning mean. Is he wondering why he didn't try blowing himself up sooner since it seems to have drawn all the attention towards him? Or is he wondering why he could get his father to look at him this intensely before?
    end of spoilers