Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    I called Shinso brainwashing Machia and sending him into battle! Now just have to see how far they are able to take it. Due to him being a chatterbox, it would be funny if AFO also got effected by it, but I imagine the Rewind effect would neutralize it anyway. Speaking of, AFO's now like close to Shigaraki's age it's looking like, meaning it's more and more likely we're gonna see him end up as a child at this rate. Nice seeing more of Toga's dilemma, misunderstanding the different forms of "love" she has for everyone, and how her plan to try to fully become someone won't work. Also nice having Ochaco seeing the tears being how she finds the original, so hopefully we're getting that final confrontation soon, though obviously we're probably getting the flashback to what happened with Machia first.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Toga's confusion and anguish are fascinating. It never occurred to me, or her, that she has never thought about there being different kinds of love and that they would affect her powers differently. Really hoping that her and Ochako's showdown hits hard from both sides. Horikoshi has been good selling these big moments for so many characters, and Ochacko deserves a REALLY big moment now.

I love seeing that AFO is getting noticeably frustrated and that it's caused by characters he would deem as unworthy of attention in most situations. Shinso controlling Gigantomachia is such a cool idea and I'm glad Horikoshi went for it. Two giants attacking AFO should have some effect. Regarding him turning into a kid, I wonder when he stops being himself. Like, will he loose his personality when he becomes a baby? Or will we see evil baby AFO making a last-ditch effort to transfer himself to Shigaraki.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Disappointed that Dark Shadow didn't do more, still Gigantomachia being tricked to fight AFO was a nice touch. Hopefully we will finaly see the girls doing more, but first I believe it will be the flashback to what happened with Gigantomachia
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'd say that Dark Shadow did plenty. He and Tokoyami burned through a ton of AFO's remaining time and delayed his escape. And they're not even out of the fight yet. AFO has to deal with two kaijus now.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Hmm.

They have three episodes left of the current season.

That could mean spoilers:
    one episode for Deku vs. the class, one for Uraraka's speech and everybody coming home, and possibly one for All For Shigaraki vs. Star and Stripe.
    end of spoilers

Not sure if it'll line up like that, but it's a possibility.

Horikoshi is going to be on break for the next two weeks for health reasons.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Ok, that's good since he clearly needs the rest.

But I'm increasingly concerned about his health. Maybe he needs more time to rest. I'm willing to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Ok, that's good since he clearly needs the rest.

But I'm increasingly concerned about his health. Maybe he needs more time to rest. I'm willing to wait.
    Indeed, last thing anyone needs is for his health to get worse, forcing him to rush his story like a number of other mangas

Hmm.

They have three episodes left of the current season.

That could mean spoilers:
    one episode for Deku vs. the class, one for Uraraka's speech and everybody coming home, and possibly one for All For Shigaraki vs. Star and Stripe.
    end of spoilers

Not sure if it'll line up like that, but it's a possibility.
    Considering the average of chapters per episode in the pacing they've been following, spoilers:
    the most likely possibility is ending on the chapter where they send the request to the foreign heroes for help/Star's first appearance, since the actual TomurAFO vs. S&S fight will need at least 2 episodes.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    With how we've had multiple sudden unexpected health breaks so close together, I feel like they really should just give him that month or two hiatus to recover, just because if not it might just cause more trouble for everyone involved.

As a bonus thing to look forward to, the third volume of Team-Up Missions is finally coming out this upcoming week, and then the chapters will be up on the SJ+ app later in the month. A fun set of stories in there.

Extraordinary Member

Using You Say Run to punctuate the class catching up to and making Izuku pause his self-destructive hunt was a unexpected, simple and brilliant choice. Fantastic adaptation of the whole scene.

Now I'm real interested in what music they'll use for Uraraka's big speech.

Noticed they've started using classic You Say Run again more frequently after stopping for several years, with the climax in Movie 3, the subversion with the Kirishima/Gigantomachia moment in the first half of this season, and now for that big dramatic part.

I've always loved Ayane Sakura's voice for Ochaco, but she especially really sold the speech so well, had me choking up a tad. Really excited to hear Luci Christian's version too.

Extraordinary Member

And we're back. Hopefully Horikoshi feels better now.

spoilers:
    The story jumps back to when villains were attacking Gigantomachia's holding facility. Despite the heroes' best effort Machia is freed and the sludge villain from the first chapter invades Shinso who was warped there to help. All seems lost until Mina melts Gigantomachia's hand just as he's about to hit Mt. Lady, and then she messes up the sludge villain as well. Shinso brainwashes Gigantomachia and gets him to take out a the remaining villains while Kirishima and Mina have a nice moment.

In the present time AFO is being bombarded from all sides by Kaiju Dark Shadow, brainwashed Gigantomachia, Mt. Lady, Inasa and more. But he's noticed some choppers.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Mina certainly got her time to shine this time. Doing that amount of damage to Gigantomachia alone is worthy of praise. But I also really like her reflections on weakness and forming bonds. A lot of the best of this arc is so many characters coming together to kick ass in ways they just couldn't seperately. Here Mina's maximum efforts saves the day and allows Shinso to use his abilities in the best way. And together all these characters have managed to pin down AFO.

Seriously, that last page spread is amazing. So much cool **** going on there. I especially like how eldritch Dark Shadow looks.

Finally, shout out to the sludge villain. Cool to see him again, funny that it's not in a scene with Bakugou taking him down as I would've expected.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Also, final episode of the season aired yesterday.

They added a little scene of Izuku waking up after a nightmare about AFO and Shigaraki. I really liked that as it shows that he's not really over his trauma yet. And Ochako facing panicked Izuku with a smile to calm him down is good for the shipper heart.

Star and Stripe appeared at the end, voiced by Romi Park, for a cameo. So next season will start with a bang and fight.

This might've been the best overall season so far of the anime. They did a great job adapting two of the best arcs in the series, and it's gonna be interesting to see how they handle all things we have right now. Because that might very well be the last season of the series.

spoilers:
    A lot of cool stuff with both Mina and Shinso, and nice that Midnight gets a mention. Also interesting to see the Sludge Villain back. The final spread was nuts, though now we have more players entering the fray
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Mina certainly got her time to shine this time. Doing that amount of damage to Gigantomachia alone is worthy of praise. But I also really like her reflections on weakness and forming bonds. A lot of the best of this arc is so many characters coming together to kick ass in ways they just couldn't seperately. Here Mina's maximum efforts saves the day and allows Shinso to use his abilities in the best way. And together all these characters have managed to pin down AFO.

Seriously, that last page spread is amazing. So much cool **** going on there. I especially like how eldritch Dark Shadow looks.

Finally, shout out to the sludge villain. Cool to see him again, funny that it's not in a scene with Bakugou taking him down as I would've expected.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    With the context of this chapter, I do think it would've been better if last chapter's cliffhanger just had Machia showing up without revealing Shinso, because then it would've added a bit more suspense to this chapter, since we did already know how the outcome was going to be. It is nice Mina gets her moment, with a little sprinkle of Kirishima shipping in there, now with only a couple of the classmates left to check in on. I do like the little moment when she points out how they all are supposed to stick together, and acknowledges its the same for the Villains, even if they are on opposing side they still want to support each other to accomplish a shared goal.

Curious regarding about who could be showing up in the choppers in that final panel. All Might's the only one that springs to mind, but also doesn't seem to make sense what he could do going there.
    end of spoilers

Also, final episode of the season aired yesterday.

They added a little scene of Izuku waking up after a nightmare about AFO and Shigaraki. I really liked that as it shows that he's not really over his trauma yet. And Ochako facing panicked Izuku with a smile to calm him down is good for the shipper heart.

Star and Stripe appeared at the end, voiced by Romi Park, for a cameo. So next season will start with a bang and fight.

This might've been the best overall season so far of the anime. They did a great job adapting two of the best arcs in the series, and it's gonna be interesting to see how they handle all things we have right now. Because that might very well be the last season of the series.
    Seeing that final scene made me wish they had added a moment during the "Dark Deku" period where he tries to go to sleep and has that nightmare, which would help to show another reason of why he's not sleeping. So that then when you see the nightmare in the epilogue, now he's surrounded by his friends who help relieve his nerves, helps drive the point further of why he needs them.

Hoping they keep the colours and visuals they have for Star and Stripe's intro going into the big battle next season, cause if they throw all their effort into it we could get another fight on the same level as Endeavor vs. Hood.

Season 2 I'd probably say is still the best, both in terms of the time when it came out, but also how it was able to greatly improve on the manga, but Season 6 might be second thinking about it as one of the most consistent seasons overall. Season 7 is definitely going to be the final season, so will be interesting to see how long till it comes out, considering unless they split up in cours ala Attack On Titan, they're going to have to wait until the manga is finished first, and at this rate probably won't be until the end of the year.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    With the context of this chapter, I do think it would've been better if last chapter's cliffhanger just had Machia showing up without revealing Shinso, because then it would've added a bit more suspense to this chapter, since we did already know how the outcome was going to be. It is nice Mina gets her moment, with a little sprinkle of Kirishima shipping in there, now with only a couple of the classmates left to check in on. I do like the little moment when she points out how they all are supposed to stick together, and acknowledges its the same for the Villains, even if they are on opposing side they still want to support each other to accomplish a shared goal.

Curious regarding about who could be showing up in the choppers in that final panel. All Might's the only one that springs to mind, but also doesn't seem to make sense what he could do going there.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That would've been really cool actually. I did find myself thinking along those lines while going through the chapter. It's still good, but there's not suspense. And good on Mina for also trying to find some common ground with the villains.

I'm wondering if it's some PLF people as they would definitely have choppers available. Though there really isn't anybody left on their side to be concerned about, unless the leaders also escaped. Could be that they're just news choppers that AFO will use as distractions.
    end of spoilers
    Seeing that final scene made me wish they had added a moment during the "Dark Deku" period where he tries to go to sleep and has that nightmare, which would help to show another reason of why he's not sleeping. So that then when you see the nightmare in the epilogue, now he's surrounded by his friends who help relieve his nerves, helps drive the point further of why he needs them.

Hoping they keep the colours and visuals they have for Star and Stripe's intro going into the big battle next season, cause if they throw all their effort into it we could get another fight on the same level as Endeavor vs. Hood.

Season 2 I'd probably say is still the best, both in terms of the time when it came out, but also how it was able to greatly improve on the manga, but Season 6 might be second thinking about it as one of the most consistent seasons overall. Season 7 is definitely going to be the final season, so will be interesting to see how long till it comes out, considering unless they split up in cours ala Attack On Titan, they're going to have to wait until the manga is finished first, and at this rate probably won't be until the end of the year.
    That would've been a nice little addition to enhance both Deku's plight and the added scene. Also, I felt that Jiro's little speech in the anime made it more clear that she's talking about the entire class working together to give people peace of mind, not necessarily that the festival band would perform again (which is what I got from the manga version of the scene).

That fight and Star's inclusion is already fairly controversial, so it'll be interesting to see how they handle it when the next season comes out. One way to improve it is definitely to just give it the tons of love in the animation department. Really sell Star's power.

It's an interesting comparisson. Season 6 handles two of the best arcs in the series really well in just retelling the story through animation. Season 2 has arcs that are good but not as hyped as the ones in season 6, but it's a better adaptation in that it small expansions and shifts things around a little in way that enhances the story. They kinda stopped doing that after season 2, so I always get the feeling that while the anime has been good to great, it could've been better. I certainly hope that nobody is pressuring Horikoshi to finish the story quicker so that they can start working properly on the anime. Even if they don't it's probably weighing on his mind. The man needs rest.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    AFO blasts Gigantomachia to shake the brainwashing off of him. But Machia recollects how poorly he's been treated and with his frustrations leading the way he continues assaulting AFO. Shinso ponders how this rage made itself apparent even when Machia was brainwashed. Elsewhere Deku and Shigaraki are duking it out with reporters from across the series filming it to show the world that Japan hasn't fallen, and that the heroes are still fighting. Whether they win or lose, the world will know what happened in this battle.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

I was surprised that Machia got this much character development. I thought for sure that he would just be a loyal attack dog throughout. But this is a really interesting development, and it's nice to see consequences for AFO being an ******* to his minions. I wonder what they'll do with Machia after this whole thing.

The second half of the chapter has some wonderful callbacks with the two reporters and the cameos at the end. I was not at all expecting two seemingly unimportant bit characters to show up with such impact. Makes it feel like the whole story is coming full circle in a nice way. And seeing not just Agpar, Death Arms and international heroes in that final spread, but all the movies companions in cameos. It just warms my heart and makes it all feels connected.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 04-03-2023 at 04:22 AM.

spoilers:
    The stuff with Machia was good, basically an abandoned dog encountered its former owner again. It iss hard to see what will happen to Machia now, I don't see him reforming and I doubt the heroes will let me run free after this si all over. If he survives, that is..."

Seeing all the cameos was great, though I wish they were more than that
    end of spoilers