View Poll Results: Cah Wells turn things around?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's too late. Time for everyone to move on.

65 71.43%
  • There's nothing wrong with this run.

12 13.19%
  • They can still turn things around.

14 15.38%
Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It's gross. And the source is an angry YouTube man saying "trust me bro".
    Do your research (you won't , but do try). He's a retailer with connections.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Situations like this are a problem that has grown beyond just "lol, Wells sucks'.
    Says who? We have no sales information to rely on, but multiple issues of Well's Amazing have gone to multiple prints. And when The Lost Hunt #1 went to a second print I was assured by people on these board that meant the book was wildly successful.
    Marvel intentionally keeps its sales in a black box. There was a report on this on ComicsBeat a month or so ago. So all you have to base this off of is fan sentiment and the majority, the VAST majority of Spider-Man readers will never comment about them on Twitter or boards like here. This place is an echo chamber, so you're only hearing things that support your opinion. And then you're seeking out validation from rumors from YouTubers who have an incentive to rile you up for engagement. (People here certainly aren't going to share videos which say 'Everything at Marvel seems to be going okay. The creator you don't like is actually performing decent on the book you want them fired off of.')
    [/QUOTE]

Who's to say the FCBD is even Wells' story? He could just be plotting it out as a favour to Gleason. There's been rumours Gleason is taking over both the writing and art, and he's even polling readers on twitter asking what kind of stories they want to see in the book. Romita Jr was originally slated for the FCBD also, not anymore.
    Gleason has written Spider-Man comics before. He doesn't need "THE WORST WRITER EVER" to plot out a story for him. Marvel solicited one of their big promotional books with a Spider-Man story by Zeb Wells and Patrick Gleason. You may hate Zeb Wells' take on Spider-Man, but it's clear that Marvel doesn't. Neither Gleason nor Marvel NEED to have Wells' name on a FCBD Spider-Man story. They could've have used one of the books to hype up the new Jed McKay Avengers run, or Duggan's new Iron Man book. They didn't. They gave the spot to Wells for a Spider-Man story. To spin it any other way is delusional.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    Says who? We have no sales information to rely on, but multiple issues of Well's Amazing have gone to multiple prints. And when The Lost Hunt #1 went to a second print I was assured by people on these board that meant the book was wildly successful.
    Marvel intentionally keeps its sales in a black box. There was a report on this on ComicsBeat a month or so ago. So all you have to base this off of is fan sentiment and the majority, the VAST majority of Spider-Man readers will never comment about them on Twitter or boards like here. This place is an echo chamber, so you're only hearing things that support your opinion. And then you're seeking out validation from rumors from YouTubers who have an incentive to rile you up for engagement. (People here certainly aren't going to share videos which say 'Everything at Marvel seems to be going okay. The creator you don't like is actually performing decent on the book you want them fired off of.')

Gleason has written Spider-Man comics before. He doesn't need "THE WORST WRITER EVER" to plot out a story for him. Marvel solicited one of their big promotional books with a Spider-Man story by Zeb Wells and Patrick Gleason. You may hate Zeb Wells' take on Spider-Man, but it's clear that Marvel doesn't. Neither Gleason nor Marvel NEED to have Wells' name on a FCBD Spider-Man story. They could've have used one of the books to hype up the new Jed McKay Avengers run, or Duggan's new Iron Man book. They didn't. They gave the spot to Wells for a Spider-Man story. To spin it any other way is delusional.[/QUOTE]

This sounds like you're both just projecting at this point. If you have a credible source with any factual 'written' information then provide that then instead of word of mouth

Gleason has written Spider-Man comics before. He doesn't need "THE WORST WRITER EVER" to plot out a story for him. Marvel solicited one of their big promotional books with a Spider-Man story by Zeb Wells and Patrick Gleason. You may hate Zeb Wells' take on Spider-Man, but it's clear that Marvel doesn't. Neither Gleason nor Marvel NEED to have Wells' name on a FCBD Spider-Man story. They could've have used one of the books to hype up the new Jed McKay Avengers run, or Duggan's new Iron Man book. They didn't. They gave the spot to Wells for a Spider-Man story. To spin it any other way is delusional.
    If a new Spider-Man run were starting soon, it would make sense to preview it in the FCBD special, as they did with Slott and Spencer. This would be an ideal time if Wells was leaving within half an year (by issue 30) so it is telling that it's Wells and not someone else writing a story setting up something new.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 02-06-2023 at 03:15 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

This sounds like you're both just projecting at this point. If you have a credible source with any factual 'written' information then provide that then instead of word of mouth
    Why does it have to be written down for you to accept anything? You think stuff like what we're hearing would EVER be written down in an official document while these companies are thriving?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    My credible source is MARVEL'S OWN SOLICITATIONS FOR ITS FREE COMIC BOOK DAY BOOK.

The other guy is posting YouTube videos.

I shouldn't be surprised that in 2023 we are "both sides"-ing actual things that are actually happening alongside conspiracy videos from YouTube, I guess.

My credible source is MARVEL'S OWN SOLICITATIONS FOR ITS FREE COMIC BOOK DAY BOOK.

The other guy is posting YouTube videos.

I shouldn't be surprised that in 2023 we are "both sides"-ing actual things that are actually happening alongside conspiracy videos from YouTube, I guess.
    That's not really a credible source anymore as that also lies. Do you have actually written work from something more substantial like an interview or written work from a staff member, because if so then this is still same as before projecting ones beliefs. Doesn't mean it's the truth or a lie, just means that it's neither

Fantastic Member

That's not really a credible source anymore as that also lies. Do you have actually written work from something more substantial like an interview or written work from a staff member, because if so then this is still same as before projecting ones beliefs. Doesn't mean it's the truth or a lie, just means that it's neither
    Are you saying we need something written from Marvel saying that, in fact, Zeb Wells is writing the FCBD Spider-man story? Other than the printed solicitations that say that Zeb Wells is, in fact, writing the FCBD Spider-Man story?

If I'm to follow your logic that Marvel is lying about its own solicitations, then can I ask why, if Wells has been such a disaster on Amazing they would put his name on a story he didn't write? How would that benefit them?

Are you saying we need something written from Marvel saying that, in fact, Zeb Wells is writing the FCBD Spider-man story? Other than the printed solicitations that say that Zeb Wells is, in fact, writing the FCBD Spider-Man story?

If I'm to follow your logic that Marvel is lying about its own solicitations, then can I ask why, if Wells has been such a disaster on Amazing they would put his name on a story he didn't write? How would that benefit them?
    A FCBD issue doesn't mean anything more of anything after the reveal arc or talk about the book direction or anything from anyone credible

This is all confirmation bias. People on this board hate the Wells run, so every bit of gossip they find that supports the idea that the Wells run is a disaster is treated as verified information.

I personally have no inside information about how the Wells run is selling, or how it is being received internally by Marvel editorial. The only information I have is that Wells is writing a Spider-Man story for FCBD, which makes me think it's not super likely that he's leaving ASM in June, since Marvel uses FCBD to set up big storylines for the next few months/year. It would be incredibly weird for Marvel to give a coveted publicity spot like FCBD to a creator who will be gone once the FCBD issue is out. Especially if the run has been as poorly received and as much of a sales disaster as board members here suppose.

The other FCBD is launching Hickman's next Marvel project, and a new Uncanny Avengers title, so consider whatever Wells is doing in ASM next summer in that context.
    How long ago was it announced that Wells was writing the FCBD issue? I personally think we're getting another year of Wells but plans do change.
    Last edited by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper; 02-06-2023 at 08:34 AM.

BANNED

According to people who reviewed this on reddit, Zeb's script for ASM#1 is included in the book and mentions that Paul is supposed to be liked by the audience

https://titanbooks.com/70794-marvels...cript-to-page/

Astonishing Member

According to people who reviewed this on reddit, Zeb's script for ASM#1 is included in the book and mentions that Paul is supposed to be liked by the audience

Can you post the link to the reddit thread?

And that when we get a JMS style reconciliation people would cheer Wells on

BANNED

And that when we get a JMS style reconciliation people would cheer Wells on
    You reckon that'll happen next year if he proves to stay beyond June? Or would it happen in ASM#25? (this is also the 20th anniversary of the airport reunion)

Given the amount of interest Wells has shown in the Felicia/Peter romance, do we think that may have been mandated by Editorial?
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi