View Poll Results: Cah Wells turn things around?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's too late. Time for everyone to move on.

65 71.43%
  • There's nothing wrong with this run.

12 13.19%
  • They can still turn things around.

14 15.38%
Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Can you post the link to the reddit thread?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Spiderman/c...eb2x&context=3

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    According to people who reviewed this on reddit, Zeb's script for ASM#1 is included in the book and mentions that Paul is supposed to be liked by the audience

https://titanbooks.com/70794-marvels...cript-to-page/
    Oh yeah, because everyone likes the guy with the shit-eating grin who punches Peter in the face...

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Given the amount of interest Wells has shown in the Felicia/Peter romance, do we think that may have been mandated by Editorial?
    It definitely feels like it. Perhaps they thought they could replicate the success of Peter/MJ with Peter/Felicia, which is something I know has been talked about here.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I have reached the stage of “Acceptance” with Wells. He is not a good Spider-Man writer and belongs in the Wolfman & O’Neill class and the best thing to hope for is he does not make things worse for the next writer.
    Honestly I’m trying to figure out who is worse for what they’ve been writing between Wells with Spider-Man, Aaron with Avengers or Howard with everything Excalibur related. Wells is just terrible for Peter’s credibility by having him constantly saved by others, Aaron’s Avengers reads like bad fanfiction and Howard basically turned Betsy into a boring Black Hole Sue in what was supposed to be a team book.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 02-06-2023 at 10:28 AM.

You reckon that'll happen next year if he proves to stay beyond June? Or would it happen in ASM#25? (this is also the 20th anniversary of the airport reunion)
    ASM #25 is a part of "What Peter Did" arc (which seems like it will conclude in #26) so no, probably not in that issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    ASM #25 is a part of "What Peter Did" arc (which seems like it will conclude in #26) so no, probably not in that issue.
    The story of what Peter did can be framed in flashbacks while the reconciliation is framed in the present day. That seems to be the angle Zeb is taking from the previews.

Astonishing Member

Thanks a bunch

The story of what Peter did can be framed in flashbacks while the reconciliation is framed in the present day. That seems to be the angle Zeb is taking from the previews.
    I'm not holding my breath.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'm not holding my breath.
    No one is asking you too lol but if that's how it ends so be it. Can you pick up anything from previous arcs that sets anything for after the reveal that's not a guess?

Astonishing Member

Do your research (you won't , but do try). He's a retailer with connections.
    In the video you posted, the angry YouTube man misrepresents something a comic writer said, then attacks them for it. At the end of the video they make fun of the comic writer's weight. To me that's not a credible source, that's a bully with an axe to grind. When a bully says that someone else is secretly doing bad things (Marvel editors lying to creators about sales figures), I'm not going to believe them.

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    This is all confirmation bias. People on this board hate the Wells run, so every bit of gossip they find that supports the idea that the Wells run is a disaster is treated as verified information.
    Exactly. When people on this board like a comic then the writer is a hero and it's selling brilliantly. When people on this board hate a comic then the writer is a villain and it's selling terribly. (Not everyone, but enough for it to frequently derail any attempt at a level-headed discussion.)

Can confirm the stuff about Paul being true. The intention was clearly for the audience to like him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevinroc View Post
    can confirm the stuff about paul being true. The intention was clearly for the audience to like him.
    we like him

Mighty Member

In context, that seems more like stage directions than an appeal to the audience, e.g. "don't hint at anything menacing, don't tip at a later reveal, draw him happy."
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    And that when we get a JMS style reconciliation people would cheer Wells on
    Honestly if the writing was there you could probably say yes. Problem is Wells has shown an inability to do that kind of writing. He’s put little to know effort in to the idea of Peter and Felecia, leaving it to a guest writer to do the heavy lifting of their date, there’s no way on earth the man sticks the landing on either the mystery box or potential reconciliation. Odds are it’s left for another writer.

As for that script book, yeah it doesn’t endear me to the run the way Marvel thinks it would

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    we like him
    I mean I’d like him to go away. I’d like Norman to go full evil again and drop him off a bridge. But mainly I’d like him to away.

I know - Peter and MJ fooled the Mayan trickster god into believing he is Peter for reasons, and the real Peter is depowered and pretending to be Paul.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi