View Poll Results: Cah Wells turn things around?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's too late. Time for everyone to move on.

65 71.43%
  • There's nothing wrong with this run.

12 13.19%
  • They can still turn things around.

14 15.38%
Page 45 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I think so, I wonder what #27 is going to be about then...I just hope that Marvel doesn't screw MJ over like they did Ben.
    I hope not, either.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Another ASM #21 variant:

symbiote always makes them sexier. If only Mj from Web of Shadows can understood that
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    symbiote always makes them sexier. If only Mj from Web of Shadows can understood that
    She did have a point, at least going by the "Black Suit" ending where Peter (willingly?) gave into the symbiote and killed Venom/Eddie Brock to take over as the symbiotes' king with Felicia as his queen. Come to think of it, a Web of Shadows spiritual or stealth sequel adapting the King in Black storyline, or even the Venomverse Saga, could be great to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    She did have a point, at least going by the "Black Suit" ending where Peter (willingly?) gave into the symbiote and killed Venom/Eddie Brock to take over as the symbiotes' king with Felicia as his queen. Come to think of it, a Web of Shadows spiritual or stealth sequel adapting the King in Black storyline, or even the Venomverse Saga, could be great to see.
    i did pick that future when i first play the game only cause i picked to save felicia and kill eddie. also MJ was being racist against the black and I took that personally

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i did pick that future when i first play the game only cause i picked to save felicia and kill eddie. also MJ was being racist against the black and I took that personally
    ". . . And I took that personally." I've seen/heard/read that somewhere very familiar, but I can't seem to fully recall at the moment.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Apparently the mystery boxes of ASM and FF are unrelated. I don't know where this quote comes from but it must be pretty recent.

Brevoort: In the case of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN and FANTASTIC FOUR, to be honest any similarity really didn’t concern me, because it’s only the most basic surface similarity. Once you get into the specifics, these are pretty clearly two different situations. And nobody on the Spidey editorial crew brought up any reservations or objections when I laid out what we were planning to do. In part, that may be because the core nugget of the story in FANTASTIC FOUR is something that I’ve had in my back pocket for twenty years now, and which was invented with Mark Waid back when he was writing the series, and never used. Maybe I’ll tell you about it once the reveal issues of FF come out and we can speak more specifically.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I think so, I wonder what #27 is going to be about then...I just hope that Marvel doesn't screw MJ over like they did Ben.
    The solicitation for FCBD 2023 seems to give a hint.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel
    FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2023: SPIDER-MAN/VENOM #1 will web-sling readers into the exciting developments currently taking place in the world of Amazing Spider-Man and Venom! First, see Zeb Wells and Patrick Gleason unleash the full fury of Peter Parker’s new spidey suit and reveal the exciting plans for one of Spider-Man’s fiercest foes. Then, witness a symbiote experiment gone horribly wrong and the creation of a terrifying new enemy for Venom in a story by writer Al Ewing and new VENOM artist CAFU.
    The solicitations don't elaborate, but I suspect the 'fiercest foe' mentioned here is the Queen Goblin, who currently wields the sins and powers of the Green Goblin.
    She had an elaborate scheme going on with Hobgoblin, but she wasn't really involved with Dark Web, other than haunting Norman in his mini-series.
    Now that the Chasm+Goblin Queen stuff has been resolved, and once the What Did Peter Do? stuff is revealed, Wells will probably return to the Kafka+Osborn storyline.

Issue 1-5: Tombstone
    Issue 6: Sinister Adaptoid
    Issue 7-8: Vulture
    Issue 9: Hellfire Gala tie-in
    Issue 10: Judgment Day tie-in
    Issue 11-13: Hobgoblin
    Issue 14-18: Dark Web
    Issue 19-20: Spider-Man + Black Cat
    Issue 21-26: What Did Peter Do?
    Issue 27-?: Queen Goblin?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    ". . . And I took that personally." I've seen/heard/read that somewhere very familiar, but I can't seem to fully recall at the moment.
    Michael Jordan the last dance documentary became a huge meme

Apparently the mystery boxes of ASM and FF are unrelated. I don't know where this quote comes from but it must be pretty recent.
    It comes from Brevoort's recent Substack post. I was just about to post this exact quote.
    But yeah, the two mysteries don't have anything to do with each other and North isn't using FF to do commentary on Amazing Spider-Man.
    The FF time-skip is an idea Brevoort has had for a while, and I assume the ASM time-skip was something Wells pitched to Lowe in 2021.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    The solicitation for FCBD 2023 seems to give a hint.

The solicitations don't elaborate, but I suspect the 'fiercest foe' mentioned here is the Queen Goblin, who currently wields the sins and powers of the Green Goblin.
    She had an elaborate scheme going on with Hobgoblin, but she wasn't really involved with Dark Web, other than haunting Norman in his mini-series.
    Now that the Chasm+Goblin Queen stuff has been resolved, and once the What Did Peter Do? stuff is revealed, Wells will probably return to the Kafka+Osborn storyline.

Issue 1-5: Tombstone
    Issue 6: Sinister Adaptoid
    Issue 7-8: Vulture
    Issue 9: Hellfire Gala tie-in
    Issue 10: Judgment Day tie-in
    Issue 11-13: Hobgoblin
    Issue 14-18: Dark Web
    Issue 19-20: Spider-Man + Black Cat
    Issue 21-26: What Did Peter Do?
    Issue 27-?: Queen Goblin?
    Probably setting up for Norman to become the Green Goblin again.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Which video?

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Is that a credible source, though, or just someone speculating?
    He's not speculating, he's saying this actually happens, and once overheard a senior female editor make fun of an employee at a con while she texted them about something.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Now that the Chasm+Goblin Queen stuff has been resolved, and once the What Did Peter Do? stuff is revealed, Wells will probably return to the Kafka+Osborn storyline?
    According to a retailer insider who posted on CBR a couple of months back, Wells is gone by June, we have solicits up to May I think, so the Kafka thing might be over by #27-28
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 02-06-2023 at 01:54 AM.

Fantastic Member

This is all confirmation bias. People on this board hate the Wells run, so every bit of gossip they find that supports the idea that the Wells run is a disaster is treated as verified information.

I personally have no inside information about how the Wells run is selling, or how it is being received internally by Marvel editorial. The only information I have is that Wells is writing a Spider-Man story for FCBD, which makes me think it's not super likely that he's leaving ASM in June, since Marvel uses FCBD to set up big storylines for the next few months/year. It would be incredibly weird for Marvel to give a coveted publicity spot like FCBD to a creator who will be gone once the FCBD issue is out. Especially if the run has been as poorly received and as much of a sales disaster as board members here suppose.

The other FCBD is launching Hickman's next Marvel project, and a new Uncanny Avengers title, so consider whatever Wells is doing in ASM next summer in that context.
    Last edited by RJT; 02-06-2023 at 06:11 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    This is all confirmation bias. People on this board hate the Wells run, so every bit of gossip they find that supports the idea that the Wells run is a disaster is treated as verified information.
    Situations like this are a problem that has grown beyond just "lol, Wells sucks'.

The only information I have is that Wells is writing a Spider-Man story for FCBD, which makes me think it's not super likely that he's leaving ASM in June, since Marvel uses FCBD to set up big storylines for the next few months/year
    Who's to say the FCBD is even Wells' story? He could just be plotting it out as a favour to Gleason. There's been rumours Gleason is taking over both the writing and art, and he's even polling readers on twitter asking what kind of stories they want to see in the book. Romita Jr was originally slated for the FCBD also, not anymore.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    It's gross. And the source is an angry YouTube man saying "trust me bro".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Situations like this are a problem that has grown beyond just "lol, Wells sucks'.

Who's to say the FCBD is even Wells' story? He could just be plotting it out as a favour to Gleason. There's been rumours Gleason is taking over both the writing and art, and he's even polling readers on twitter asking what kind of stories they want to see in the book. Romita Jr was originally slated for the FCBD also, not anymore.
    I have reached the stage of “Acceptance” with Wells. He is not a good Spider-Man writer and belongs in the Wolfman & O’Neill class and the best thing to hope for is he does not make things worse for the next writer.