View Poll Results: Cah Wells turn things around?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's too late. Time for everyone to move on.

65 71.43%
  • There's nothing wrong with this run.

12 13.19%
  • They can still turn things around.

14 15.38%
Page 23 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    This is also reads like a personal view more than anything as he's angry about how his run is heading and that for a year he's been getting nothing but hate
    Exactly. This is only the opinion of the current writer (who also wrote the character during BND so it really isn't all that shocking.) I don't think it's reflective of Marvel as a whole. Spencer clearly had a different stance. Unfortunately, Spider-man is saddled with Wells and his regurgitation of dated BND era ideas until they give him the boot or he leaves.

Astonishing Member

So best bets is 2 issues is opened in the present and then we go straight to a flashback then the next 2 issues are in the present which should do with the kids and a secondary storyline is Randy and Janice wedding that will conclude in issue 25
    We should get the solicits for April any day now so I guess we'll see.

Let's knock off the creator bashing, folks.

Discuss the writing/art, not the writer/artist.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

It's nice to see Maddie got what she wanted in a sweet way, but what's Chasm\ not Kaine gonna get out of this whole thing?

Astonishing Member

It's nice to see Maddie got what she wanted in a sweet way, but what's Chasm\ not Kaine gonna get out of this whole thing?
    Prison or death

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Exactly. This is only the opinion of the current writer (who also wrote the character during BND so it really isn't all that shocking.) I don't think it's reflective of Marvel as a whole. Spencer clearly had a different stance. Unfortunately, Spider-man is saddled with Wells and his regurgitation of dated BND era ideas until they give him the boot or he leaves.
    What would be progressive?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    What would be progressive?
    Writing that logically builds on continuity and character development. Or bare minimum, logically follows the events of the previous run.

Peter and MJ suddenly on the outs for some mysterious unknown reason is the exact same shtick that was pulled in BND...it's just been repackaged and regurgitated 15 years later. I wouldn't be surprised if Paul and the kids was an idea they had for that era that ended up on the cutting room floor .
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 01-18-2023 at 02:33 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    My pleasure, entirely

Okie-dokey. here goes. I'll spare you the ~15 minute boxing talk intermission, ~20 minute patreon plug and the 10 minute junk food convo. I'll also be splitting the interview into three large sections, not necessarily chronologically.

Zeb’s Origin Story:
    His breakthrough into Marvel was thru a Wizard Magazine video award—Axel Alonso saw the video and offered him a job in ~1999-2000. (Tangled Web of Spider-Man). Proud of his 00s work, tho it had him pulling out his hair due to stress

Bounced off 90s Marvel. Said Joe Q\Axel Alonso brought good taste back to Marvel

Film School graduate, but was painting houses before his comics gig

Grew up in Kansas\Colorado, lower middle class. Is now unlearning the “Man up\real man are always ready to square up” mentality which imprinted on him during childhood.

Wrote the New Warriors w Scottie Young, which kinda became catalyst for Civil War (Mark Millar liked it, allegedly). Wells\host love Scottie Young (as they should).

Felt for a while that he was writing into a vacuum (like no one was reading his books). BND was the big gig\long awaited recognition. Looking back, knows he got better as a writer between ~2002-BND.

Current Spidey Talk

Likes the Humor of Spidey, but also the darkness. Kraven’s Last Hunt is a Favorite.

“His(Peter's) life should never be great, but he shouldn’t be eating %&** for a solid year. You can’t go too much into jokes or it turns into a cartoon. You want stakes.”

The pressure was hardest during BND. OMD was a “%^&*-sandwich” in terms of fan reaction for the BND staff. (As in, the oncoming writers had no say in OMD, but had to bear the brunt of criticism). Recognizes fans are still mad.

>Here comes the part quoted above about how, 15 years later, we're able to see what the editorial idea was behind OMD<

The idea behind the current “mystery box” was to have a mystery that confused long-time readers and new readers jumping onto the new #1.

“Seems like people are a little too confused.”

Claims some of the dislike for the current mystery\run (unclear) is still the echoing dislike of BND.

Agrees that every Spider-Writer gets the fan hate

MCU talk
    Felt like an old hand in the She-Hulk writers’ room (at 44)

Everyone was ready for the online anti-women sentiments

First live-action TV show experience for Zeb

Auditioned and lost the Zeb Wells role for the show (Got in as “Ham Guy” instead)

Marvel Zombies on Disney+ is gonna be awesome

Zeb’s had a hand in writing the Marvels (more info for Patreon supporters, but I don’t have the moolah for that, friends)
    Oddly enough, I was present when he won that Wizard video award. I remember being happy for him when I saw him writing comics professionally because he seemed like a nice, funny guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Oddly enough, I was present when he won that Wizard video award. I remember being happy for him when I saw him writing comics professionally because he seemed like a nice, funny guy.
    Just because a lot of people here don't like this series he's writing doesn't mean he's not a decent person ILR.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Just because a lot of people here don't like this series he's writing doesn't mean he's not a decent person ILR.
    A fair point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Writing that logically builds on continuity and character development. Or bare minimum, logically follows the events of the previous run.

Peter and MJ suddenly on the outs for some mysterious unknown reason is the exact same shtick that was pulled in BND...it's just been repackaged and regurgitated 15 years later. I wouldn't be surprised if Paul and the kids was an idea they had for that era that ended up on the cutting room floor .
    You mean Peter decided that he actually prefers being single because it gives him more freedom?

BANNED

Yeah, I try not to make those kinds of value judgements based on something as simple as disliking creative choices. I'm frustrated with the direction, but I don't have anything against Wells as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    You mean Peter decided that he actually prefers being single because it gives him more freedom?
    What are you talking about?

BANNED

Probably. Cantwell's run on Iron Man had a pretty slow start but now it is regarded as one of the good moments in Stark's history.
    I, for one thing, want to see where it is headed and see Peter's sin that brought him into the current predicament.

BANNED

That and it is not that he's probably following some kind of instructions on as to how he must portray the characters and the events. Marvel's known for micromanaging the creators of their line.