Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The funny thing is all the info we are getting about these guys is from very biased sources, PR talk and some comments from the Wildcats

The PR talk is obviously bullshit but I wouldn't really trust anything any of the Wildcats say because well their all idiots

Nothing we heard could wind up being true for all we know
    On paper?

Sure, what you are saying could be.

That said?

Making an exception for Agent Wax, why would the team being lying to each other?

Could be a reason. I'm just not sure that its what's going on there.

Past all of that?

It does seem a little odd that the team don't know any more about anything than they do.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    On paper?

Sure, what you are saying could be.

That said?

Making an exception for Agent Wax, why would the team being lying to each other?

Could be a reason. I'm just not sure that its what's going on there.

Past all of that?

It does seem a little odd that the team don't know any more about anything than they do.
    It could be them making a lot of assumptions, several of them are working purely off their own observations with only Zealot actually personally knowing Andromache.

I assume Majestic's deal will prolly be more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Apparently Disney bought Malibu?
    I know that. Is only it surprised me than a character from Malibu had been used in something. Marvel has put the Ultraverse charactersin the vault and it was a surprise to see than one was used.

Which is weird, since they have decided to just leave them as a weird-alt-U (Earth 93060). The Ultraverse people have to jump realities to even look at the main timeline. But one version of Prime got sucked into the Spider-verse stuff since Prime can imitate Spider-totem powers.
    So it was a covert cameo, so lawyers easly can discarded as not official appearance. Still, is something. Ultraverse characters had not been used at all. It really an enigma to understand why would be that. Wildstorm characters, even if misguided, had better luck in DC. At least they don't go to oblivion, the place where Ultraverse characters seems to be walking on.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member

As someone who was a huge fan of the original WildCATS (as a kid) and loved Ellis' take on the Wildstorm Universe (being an adult now) - this hurts.

I get that they want to integrate the characters into the DC universe but frankly I'd rather have nothing than these ideas.

This is such a dumb book but it’s also really entertaining. Nails that summer blockbuster feel, actually it reminds me of Bendis Avengers at its best. Probably should’ve have racebent Majestic to differentiate him more from Supes and Shazam, I would’ve made him “brown” and either Latino or Indian presenting.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This is such a dumb book but it’s also really entertaining. Nails that summer blockbuster feel, actually it reminds me of Bendis Avengers at its best. Probably should’ve have racebent Majestic to differentiate him more from Supes and Shazam, I would’ve made him “brown” and either Latino or Indian presenting.
    But have they explained how Majestic even works now,besides being a kid? Maybe a kid and the real Majestic merged somehow and the kid took over his body or they switch places,could be anything?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    But have they explained how Majestic even works now,besides being a kid? Maybe a kid and the real Majestic merged somehow and the kid took over his body or they switch places,could be anything?
    You mean his origin/powerset and all that? Nope, haven’t talked about that just yet.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

You mean his origin/powerset and all that? Nope, haven’t talked about that just yet.

Just how it works with the kid being Majestic now,when we all know that,thsts not how it has ever been in the past
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Honestly I just assume it’s the same as Fairchild’s now, a kid utilizing their powers to physically age up their body.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It feels really dumb to waste the entire team on a photo op. You couldn't spare one guy for a mission?

If anything that would prolly help their image showing these guys are out in the field instead of just showing up for unnecessary pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly I just assume it’s the same as Fairchild’s now, a kid utilizing their powers to physically age up their body.
    Enh... my understanding based on the old TV show... is that Majestic is just... not young? He was a cyborg because of having been a soldier and being injured in battle IIRC?

Wait.. no that was Spartan. Majestic was actually the father(with Zannah/Zealot) of Spartan's teammate Kenesha.... and that happened BEFORE their ship getting stuck on Earth.

Deathblow is surprisingly attractive as a woman.

Maybe she and Cole should start a thing. Or at least Cole should start flirting with her to everyone's weirdness.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 01-11-2023 at 03:04 AM.

Three issues in and I still have no clue what the Wildcats are really trying to accomplish.
    It’s a dumb fun book, but I feel Rosenberg and his editors are being shortsighted. They should be really trying to carve the team’s role in the DCU, but so far they’re just there doing stuff any other team could be doing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Three issues in and I still have no clue what the Wildcats are really trying to accomplish.
    It’s a dumb fun book, but I feel Rosenberg and his editors are being shortsighted. They should be really trying to carve the team’s role in the DCU, but so far they’re just there doing stuff any other team could be doing.
    I think I'm dropping this, I gave it a try due to fondness for 90s comic culture even if I only stuck with Marvel in collecting books, I still had fun watching the Image documentary which inspired me to give it a try. but yeah its not doing it for me and I need to slash my pull list for lessen my spending habits.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Enh... my understanding based on the old TV show... is that Majestic is just... not young? He was a cyborg because of having been a soldier and being injured in battle IIRC?

Wait.. no that was Spartan. Majestic was actually the father(with Zannah/Zealot) of Spartan's teammate Kenesha.... and that happened BEFORE their ship getting stuck on Earth.
    Yes. Spartan is the mind of a Kheran warrior on a cyborg body. Kherans seemed used to do that, as Majestic had another son who also had his mind transfered to a cyborg body.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    A captain Marvel solution? NO, nothing had been explained from him yet, except is supposed to be Caitlin classmate called Jiimy. As Majestic once used the alias Jim McArest, is possible that is the name of the kid.

It feels really dumb to waste the entire team on a photo op. You couldn't spare one guy for a mission?

If anything that would prolly help their image showing these guys are out in the field instead of just showing up for unnecessary pictures.
    That is the point of the whole event. This Seven Soldiers are a decoy team, a distraction, a publicity stunt for the camaras, to distract the attention from the real work.

Deathblow is surprisingly attractive as a woman.

Maybe she and Cole should start a thing. Or at least Cole should start flirting with her to everyone's weirdness.
    Considering how works Deathblow, that hardly could work. But honestly, I don't this change on the character will stick.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin