Default Wonder Woman vs Champion of the Universe

Round 1: Champion has the Power Gem.

Round 2: No Power Gem.

Diana is post crisis and has the Hephaestus sword and the Lasso of Truth.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Blitz and beatdown, unless she wants to take the easy path by blitz and lasso. Champion, as I recall, has little to nothing for speedfeats.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Blitz and beatdown, unless she wants to take the easy path by blitz and lasso. Champion, as I recall, has little to nothing for speedfeats.
    I would agree that this is easily the outcome of Round 2. Champion, despite his title, isn't the most skilled fighter if it's outside of the boxing ring, either.

Scenario 1 might be a little murkier. The augmentation of the Power Gem allows him to take hits from Thanos - a marked improvement from getting his ribs broken by The Thing unaugmented - and if sufficiently angered Champion could throw a punch strong enough to cause a chain reaction which destroys a planet. He also doesn't lose the Gem unless he consiously surrenders it, like she can't just snatch it off of his forehead.

I mean, still doesn't bridge the speed issue, but just saying, can she put him down?
    Last edited by grampagen; 01-06-2023 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Scenario 1 might be a little murkier. The augmentation of the Power Gem allows him to take hits from Thanos - a marked improvement from getting his ribs broken by The Thing unaugmented - and if sufficiently angered Champion could throw a punch strong enough to cause a chain reaction which destroys a planet. He also doesn't lose the Gem unless he consiously surrenders it, like she can't just snatch it off of his forehead.

I mean, still doesn't bridge the speed issue, but just saying, can she put him down?
    In regards to scenario 1: Can the Lasso of Truth make Champion submit/surrender the Gem?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Champion, even when he finally figured out how to draw on the power gem more than unconsciously (and considering what other people have done with just the power gem, still kind of incompetently by comparison to be real), could still only get by in fights where his opponents were forbidden from using anything of their powers that was not strength and durability.

Blitzed, end. Especially in scenario 2.

The thing about the fight with Thanos is that, as Thanos himself narrated, Champion was in a sense actively drawing on the gem to make himself increasingly even more powerful than it already made him as the fight happened, even if he didn't realize he was doing so. He doesn't get the time to do that here, so it's kind of moot.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 01-06-2023 at 08:39 PM.