Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Gil Kane cover.

GilKaneFirestorm.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Gil Kane cover.

GilKaneFirestorm.jpg
    Classic and stunning art .

Thanks for sharing the art!

So Lazarus Planet: Legends Reborn released yesterday and it came with a 10-story page of Firestorm! If you haven't read it be sure to check it out since it looks like it'll be the start of a new arc for Firestorm! Will not write the whole plot of it but just the major points:

I knew some people wished writers would ignore the Stein retcon from Doomsday Clock but given it was referenced again in Dark Crisis I'm not surprised to see it being touched upon. The story starts with Ronnie trying to help during the lazarus planet crisis, Stein warns him about the rain but Ronnie is too mad about being manipulated for years and doesn't listen to him so they get hit by the rain, which actually separates them from the matrix and gets Stein hurt.

The S.T.A.R. Labs team shows up to investigate the event and Ronnie talks about how it's probably the end for Firestorm since he needs someone else to merge. Suddenly a shadow demon shows up and starts attacking people, Noticing only Firestorm's powers can close the leak from where the demon showed up, he pleads Doctor Ramirez to try and fuse with him in order to save people's lives.

It works and we get a new Firestorm combination. Ronnie still is a bit impulsive but Ramirez helps him out to figure a way to contain it and then they close the rift. Ramirez agrees to help out Ronnie as a new Firestorm in order to close all the rifts that have been popping out in the world. But when they separate for a bit, they found out that Ramirez has suddenly aged to an old man and Ronnie assumes it's happening because the broken Firestorm Matrix is stealing time from the co-pilot for power, which is just what happened to Stein who is in critical status due to age.

Sooo what do you guys think of this new status-quo? I'm sad about Stein's situation from the retcon but I'm happy to see Ronnie and Firestorm getting a chance for a new storyline after years. Will need to see more of Ramirez' personality since there were not many pages to explore him.

Quote Originally Posted by MexM View Post

So Lazarus Planet: Legends Reborn released yesterday and it came with a 10-story page of Firestorm! If you haven't read it be sure to check it out since it looks like it'll be the start of a new arc for Firestorm! Will not write the whole plot of it but just the major points:

I knew some people wished writers would ignore the Stein retcon from Doomsday Clock but given it was referenced again in Dark Crisis I'm not surprised to see it being touched upon. The story starts with Ronnie trying to help during the lazarus planet crisis, Stein warns him about the rain but Ronnie is too mad about being manipulated for years and doesn't listen to him so they get hit by the rain, which actually separates them from the matrix and gets Stein hurt.

The S.T.A.R. Labs team shows up to investigate the event and Ronnie talks about how it's probably the end for Firestorm since he needs someone else to merge. Suddenly a shadow demon shows up and starts attacking people, Noticing only Firestorm's powers can close the leak from where the demon showed up, he pleads Doctor Ramirez to try and fuse with him in order to save people's lives.

It works and we get a new Firestorm combination. Ronnie still is a bit impulsive but Ramirez helps him out to figure a way to contain it and then they close the rift. Ramirez agrees to help out Ronnie as a new Firestorm in order to close all the rifts that have been popping out in the world. But when they separate for a bit, they found out that Ramirez has suddenly aged to an old man and Ronnie assumes it's happening because the broken Firestorm Matrix is stealing time from the co-pilot for power, which is just what happened to Stein who is in critical status due to age.

Sooo what do you guys think of this new status-quo? I'm sad about Stein's situation from the retcon but I'm happy to see Ronnie and Firestorm getting a chance for a new storyline after years. Will need to see more of Ramirez' personality since there were not many pages to explore him.
    Trying to replace Stein with diverse Stein feels...disingenuous to me.

Where are Firehawk, Jason Rusch? Gehenna? Or that Russian guy?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'd rather see the Ronnie/Jason dynamic explored.
    It was barely given a chance before being yanked and swept under the rug.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MexM View Post

So what exactly did we gain here. I agree with others could’ve kept Jason and had the dialing personalities that need to get along

Can Stein still become burning man Elemental Firestorm?

Always thought Firestorm was cool, became a fan when he joined Super Friends way back in the 80 s lol
    I think he’s overpowered, like all characters that can rearrange molecules. I’d love to see him as powerful still, but not at that level.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Action Figure and mini comic from the Kenner Super Powers line.

Firestorm.jpg

I rolled my eyes so hard at that Lazarus Planet mess. Stein should be an non-issue. I'd rather see the Ronnie/Jason dynamic. It maybe too confusing for DC to handle, but the concept of two young people with vastly different personalities is a whole lot better than old scientist/ dumb jock scenario. And they could play with the Firestorm looking different depending on which initiates the merge.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I rolled my eyes so hard at that Lazarus Planet mess. Stein should be an non-issue. I'd rather see the Ronnie/Jason dynamic. It maybe too confusing for DC to handle, but the concept of two young people with vastly different personalities is a whole lot better than old scientist/ dumb jock scenario. And they could play with the Firestorm looking different depending on which initiates the merge.
    I think Ronnie and Jason can work, but I do love Professor Stein...

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Disagree. . . but I Do like a new dynamic. However the idea that Old Scientist/Dumb Jock scenario should be a teacher student one, and thats not a story that gets old. It sets Jason on the classic "hero's journey" as opposed to
    "the odd couple." The odd couple works but when It comes to the matrix, there are SOOOOO many options that work really well. Its a matter of taste.

And they could play with the Firestorm looking different depending on which initiates the merge.
    They could do that regardless, honestly.

Personally though as a fan of this characters story forever, I've always wanted something different from the growth. I think evs iirc making multiple matrix users was really unoriginal and put firestorm into the
    same legacy mess that a lot of other characters have. Its just better ideas to go with.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 02-11-2023 at 06:41 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    So what exactly did we gain here. I agree with others could’ve kept Jason and had the dialing personalities that need to get along
    My opinion too. But at least is a starting point.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Ronnie and Jason can work, but I do love Professor Stein...
    In agreement with you about Professor Stein. The Raymond/Stein combo will always be a childhood favorite, no matter what...

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-18-2023 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.