Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Ronnie and Jason can work, but I do love Professor Stein...
    I'm ok with Ronnie/Jason but prefer the Ronnie/Stein combo and really dislike the "revelation" that Stein had manipulated Ronnie... Disliked it so much I guess I forgot it even happened, so reference to it in this story took me by surprise. Really, really love Merino's Firestorm though--very classic and visually striking.

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    I'm ok with Ronnie/Jason but prefer the Ronnie/Stein combo and really dislike the "revelation" that Stein had manipulated Ronnie... Disliked it so much I guess I forgot it even happened, so reference to it in this story took me by surprise. Really, really love Merino's Firestorm though--very classic and visually striking.
    Same here .

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

George Perez art.

GeorgePerezFirestorm.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    George Perez art.

GeorgePerezFirestorm.jpg
    Smiling Ronnie courtesy of George Perez is the best .

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Where are Firehawk, Jason Rusch? Gehenna? Or that Russian guy?
    Know how that works around certain to company. Jason is going to the bushes and probably forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Smiling Ronnie courtesy of George Perez is the best .
    Indeed. Has yet to be perfected (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-01-2023 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Know how that works around certain to company. Jason is going to the bushes and probably forgotten.
    Jason has been depowered and Doomsday Clock pretty much implied he was never Firestorm.

And some around here act like he did NOTHING-aside from have a 3 year solo run, member of Justice League, co-starred in a book with Ronnie, had a protentional part in Brightest Day, 2-3 figures and appeared on a tv show albeit animated.

Which is MORE than a lot of characters that so many that have waltz in and been welcomed and not receive a tenth of the hate Jason got.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Jason has been depowered and Doomsday Clock pretty much implied he was never Firestorm.

And some around here act like he did NOTHING-aside from have a 3 year solo run, member of Justice League, co-starred in a book with Ronnie, had a protentional part in Brightest Day, 2-3 figures and appeared on a tv show albeit animated.

Which is MORE than a lot of characters that so many that have waltz in and been welcomed and not receive a tenth of the hate Jason got.
    I wonder why DC is ignoring Jason Rusch?

Stein went all mad science-y?? If he can still become elemental Firestorm that will be a big boost to the villains

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Is this for real????? That volume of Firestorm was EPIC AF! And the OYL stuff with Reilly and Gehenna was phenomenal. Did any of those survive?

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Darryl Young art.

YoungFirestorm.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Darryl Young art.

YoungFirestorm.jpg
    Pretty good Firestorm .

I grew to really like the Ronnie/Jason combo but also prefer Ronnie/Stein. Definitely not digging the whole Stein has been a creep the whole time storyline. I was happy with Merino's take on Firestorm though. Especially considering that's not how he looks on the cover of that one-shot. I'm hoping for a mini in the near future with Merino doing the art.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I wonder why DC is ignoring Jason Rusch?
    Heh heh...come on, if you know then you know why. The same reason DC will only allow Cyborg to be written as a 2nd rate, carrying first stringers jock strap, half man half Tonka truck low energy hero. The same reason DC that created 32 new Green Lanterns just to bury John Stewart and keep him from the main one in comics. The reason is all too familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Heh heh...come on, if you know then you know why. The same reason DC will only allow Cyborg to be written as a 2nd rate, carrying first stringers jock strap, half man half Tonka truck low energy hero. The same reason DC that created 32 new Green Lanterns just to bury John Stewart and keep him from the main one in comics. The reason is all too familiar.
    This sounds ... nefarious. Like devious devils doing dastardly dealings kind of nefarious.

And I am mad I cannot counter this assertion.