Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Same reason she reverts to wearing versions of her hound gear as her chosen costume as a recurring part of her iconography in vary degrees - insert any reasoning you find plausible, if any - psych theory on internalizing trauma/adopting behaviors from abuse and converting into ones personal practice/reclaiming power after abuse and taking something that was meant to degrade you and making it a rallying point etc etc. Or none. YMMV.
    In this case with body modifications, there's a significant difference between having a brand being forced upon you and choosing to mark oneself.
    Is that Fanboy/girl(ism) I detect? Either way, I follow you, and fair enough... But, my point is Rachel's hound marks are genetically permanent much like Bishop's as opposed to the Shi'ar tracking tattoo and I see no good reason why Rachel would decide to add tattoos alongside her "full-facial" hound marks. If anything, I rather she stop hiding them instead of marking herself further as it is not necessary storywise.

Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe
    Last edited by juan678; 07-05-2023 at 10:22 AM.

That costume was such a lazy design and quite ugly as a followup to the Phoenix costume Jean wore

I just love Arthur's style. It'd be great to see Rachel rocking a new, skintight costume again.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Ugh I would DIE if I got either of these, or an Arthur Adams commissioned Rachel piece. Every comic con I've been to where he is he's not taking commissions ( cries)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I just love Arthur's style. It'd be great to see Rachel rocking a new, skintight costume again.
    Absolutely and exactatiously.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That costume was such a lazy design and quite ugly as a followup to the Phoenix costume Jean wore

I was just about to ask what everyone's thought on this costume. I always thought it was so awkward, I feel like Rachel never got her own Phoenix costume before they just put her in the green uniform, then the red which I never understood even with the in-story reasoning.

I loved Rachel's hair for hte most part in Gold

God this haircut, uniform, and era just felt so forced, like Rachel..I mean Prestige was such a try hard! I hope everything about that run is forgotten.

Fantastic Member

that horrible mask too

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    God this haircut, uniform, and era just felt so forced, like Rachel..I mean Prestige was such a try hard! I hope everything about that run is forgotten.
    Her comphet era. Those were truly dark times. She needs a new costume covered in spikes. It should be illegal to not have Rachel covered in spikes.

BANNED

Wouldn't Rachel, covered in spikes, imply that she's antisocial?

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe

But for the limitations of coloring technology, I wonder if JRjr's suit might have resembled Rachel's glowing Revenant look from AGE OF X

Last edited by Thirteen; 07-12-2023 at 07:30 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Rachel and Kitty being Rachel and Kitty

BANNED

That page makes me smile while despising the Betsy/Otherworld thing even more at the same time... Which title and issue is it from I can't quite place it.

Addendum: Nevermind I've found it -- X-Treme X-Men #5 (2022)
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-19-2023 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    That page makes me smile while despising the Betsy/Otherworld thing even more... Which title and issue is it from I can't quite place it.
    X-Treme X-Men Volume 3. Ogun is whom they were fighting and their weaponry was able to depower mutants and thus caught Kitty in the middle of phasing and thus she was thought to be dead. Storm lost it and went berserk mode even without her powers. Their goal was to kill Kitty and do things with what remained and break Rachel's mind and try to turn her into their puppet. When Kitty was shown to be alive, but essentially going to become full phantom/ghost and disappear forever if they didn't solve the issue quick they were able to solve it, her and Storm phased inside of the machines together and tore them apart from the inside. Needless to say they solved it and were able to get everyone their powers back. But there were anti-mutant protests going on and Storm had to focus on a storm not destroying Chicago. Ultimately they were able to turn the crowd to their side.

But when Rachel(whom had been knocked out) woke up and realized that Ogun had tried to kill Kitty she became merciless. A particularly brutal moment from Rachel.

This is why you don't mess with Rachel's soulmate.