Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Reading the preview pages of JEAN GREYand the format of "Is this where I went wrong?" examinations of touchstones in her history, it would be fitting if at least a moment was taken to look at the journey of rejection to embrace of Rachel as her timeliest daughter. With the main covers of the series all revealed, I'd say issue #2 (with Scott) would seem like the most likely place unless they wait to deal for issue #3 (Madelyne) for a catch all for progeny.

Was rejecting your daughter where you went wrong Jean?

The sheer drama of ALL of this! LOL!
    Mutant and Proud!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    OMG both Jean and Scott come out SO awful from this LOL
    Scott doesn't come out awful at all. He seems upset that Rachel didn't tell him because he'd want her to be his daughter, which he stresses later on in the story, asking Jean if she really thinks it would be awful if she was their daughter?

That's the thing about Scott, he was isolated and taken away from all family, so whether it's Rachel Summers or Nate Grey, he always reaches out to have more family.

I do have sympathy for what Jean's feeling there, since she kept experiencing blow after blow in regard to her own agency since she was resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Jean said goodbye to Nate Grey when he sent them back to 616 and stayed behind in his crumbling universe with his version of Magneto.
    Holding him in the back pocket until they need him. Although, I don't really see Nate meshing well with the story against Orchis especially since similar characters like Proteus and Legion can play the role he would but with more personal stakes involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post

Holding him in the back pocket until they need him. Although, I don't really see Nate meshing well with the story against Orchis especially since similar characters like Proteus and Legion can play the role he would but with more personal stakes involved.
    I dont see how. They dont have the same powers and if Nate were around it would be more for his personal connection to Scott/Jean. Proteus arc has firmly been planted as a member of the Five and Moira's son. Legion had his own unique thing. Nate wouldnt overlap with any of that. I believe he was kept away more bc they had teen Cable running around when Krakoa started and he's back.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont see how. They dont have the same powers and if Nate were around it would be more for his personal connection to Scott/Jean. Proteus arc has firmly been planted as a member of the Five and Moira's son. Legion had his own unique thing. Nate wouldnt overlap with any of that. I believe he was kept away more bc they had teen Cable running around when Krakoa started and he's back.
    Yeah, I think they didn't know what to do with him with Teen Cable back and the easiest thing was to send him off to his own dimension. Plus he's dying (which I know they could change). But to Havok's point, he has telepathy and telekinesis not reality warping. Only reason that happened was because of the Life Seed which is essentially drained.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I never thought Scott came out awful in this. Was he stupid not to see what was right in front of his face previously? Sure. And I understand why Jean felt this way, she even says so at the end of the fourth issue. But it lead to another 5 years of removing Excalibur from anything in the X world. And yes, I agree they should bring this up. But they aren't going to. I don't think Rachel will appear at all in the mini. I also don't know if she needs to just yet, it feels very "What If?" through just Jean's lens on his to fix things.
    Let me rephrase that: I thought he looked awfully stupid for never realizing the girl who had a strong resemblance to his dead ex, who had the same powers as his ex, who he knew came from the future, who at some point took over the power and codename of his ex.... was really his daughter. I always thought it stretched credibility and made Scott look terribly dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Let me rephrase that: I thought he looked awfully stupid for never realizing the girl who had a strong resemblance to his dead ex, who had the same powers as his ex, who he knew came from the future, who at some point took over the power and codename of his ex.... was really his daughter. I always thought it stretched credibility and made Scott look terribly dumb.
    To be fair, this was before the X-men really had any history with a future timeline. I think she may have been his first exposure to that let alone the concept of there being multiple potential future timelines. Jean was dead at that point and she never got pregnant or had a child so I dont see why he would assume she were Jean's child. Thats just something that could never have been a possibility to him

OK this is really cute

Does anyone know anything about the original plans for Rachel in the Days of Future Past movie? Apparently she was originally supposed to appear before being cut out and I'm wondering if there was any concept art or story ideas for her lurking around on the Internet? I think it's a shame that Rachel has never appeared in any X-Men media before.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Does anyone know anything about the original plans for Rachel in the Days of Future Past movie? Apparently she was originally supposed to appear before being cut out and I'm wondering if there was any concept art or story ideas for her lurking around on the Internet? I think it's a shame that Rachel has never appeared in any X-Men media before.
    So Rachel was supposed to appear as she did in the comics as the one who sends Kitty/Logan to the past. The director really wanted Rachel, but it would have been extremely convoluted to explain how she was there. At this point, both Jean and Scott were killed during X3, so Rachel Summers couldn't be born. And making her a new character named Rachel would not have gone over with audiences well. So in order to salvage the plot device/vehicle on how Logan's mind is transported to the past, they decided to upgrade Kitty to be able to phase people through time.
    She should have been more prominently shown in TAS when they did Days of Future Past, but they gave that storyline to Bishop (and again in the DoFP movie) instead which cemented in many people's minds who didn't read the comic that DoFP was his story. I'm hoping in season 2 of X-Men 97 she appears more than a captured telepath.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 08-22-2023 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Typo

Anyone hear anything on the Steve Foxe / FoX front in regards to Rachel? We heard from Duggan that Foxe would be managing Rachel's reaction, and we know she's not appearing in Dark X-Men per Foxe. Could this be a mini or new ongoing?

Anyone hear anything on the Steve Foxe / FoX front in regards to Rachel? We heard from Duggan that Foxe would be managing Rachel's reaction, and we know she's not appearing in Dark X-Men per Foxe. Could this be a mini or new ongoing?
    Nothing new yet other than Foxe retweeting Duggan's tweet. I got my ear to the ground though.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Trust me we're tyring to figure anything we can with Rachel and Betsy.

So Rachel was supposed to appear as she did in the comics as the one who sends Kitty/Logan to the past. The director really wanted Rachel, but it would have been extremely convoluted to explain how she was there. At this point, both Jean and Scott were killed during X3, so Rachel Summers couldn't be born. And making her a new character named Rachel would not have gone over with audiences well. So in order to salvage the plot device/vehicle on how Logan's mind is transported to the past, they decided to upgrade Kitty to be able to phase people through time.
    She should have been more prominently shown in TAS when they did Days of Future Past, but they gave that storyline to Bishop (and again in the DoFP movie) instead which cemented in many people's minds who didn't read the comic that DoFP was his story. I'm hoping in season 2 of X-Men 97 she appears more than a captured telepath.
    I'm glad to hear there was at least interest in including her. Rachel being Scott and Jean's daughter affecting the story seems like a small issue since that was the case in the original DOFP as well, since Jean was dead, and they fixed it by not mentioning her as their daughter. The movie should have done the exact same thing and simply left it ambiguous so comic fans would recognize Rachel but general audiences wouldn't realize whose daughter she was. It's not like the X-Men movies were every consistent in terms of continuity and they could have just established later on that she was a creation from Sinister with Jean and Scott's DNA or even that baby Rachel was found in a psychic cocoon in Jamaica Bay. X3 was originally supposed to end with Jean's grave exploding in fire so if they had used that, they could even have established that it was Rachel's creation. There were ways around it if they really wanted to include Rachel, which includes not even bothering to explain anything since it's not like they ever cared to do that before.

It is a pity that Bishop (or even Cable) took over Rachel's role as the X-Men's resident time-traveler. I'd like to see Rachel be the baby that pregnant Jean gives birth to in X-Men '97 but all the signs point towards the baby being Cable. Maybe when they dive into Cable's origin, they can introduce Rachel as Mother Askani and establish her as his younger sister who will one day be born after Cable and save him from the future from the T-O virus.

How old is Franklin supposed to be now that he's been aged up? I've always wanted to see him and Rachel as a couple instead of Rachel being paired with Kurt, Betsy, or Kitty. Rachel and Franklin represent Marvel's two first families from the two oldest and most iconic couples which is why I'm happy that DOFP: Doomsday is showcasing them.