Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Aside from

1) his generally mutual attraction with Diana,
    2) his generally lighter-colored hair
    3) his military background

does Steve Trevor have any other defining characteristic?

Any consistent personality trait?
    This is from the internet, I will have my inputs shared a bit later in a separate post
    Source: https://personalitylist.com/profile/.../steve-trevor/

Steve Trevor personality type is ISTP, which is a very rare type in the US. One of the most common ISTP personalities is the The Rock type
    Steve Trevor is a trusted friend, love interest, and partner to Diana.

ISTPs are usually very athletic and have a very strong sense of duty.
    In addition, they have a need to have a job that they enjoy and is very important to them.
    They also have a need to be able to take care of themselves and do things for themselves in a way that makes them feel independent
    ISTPs can be very creative and they love to be able to fix things and create things.
    Last edited by Donpayne; 01-18-2023 at 05:02 AM.

My favorite look for Steve...

STEVE 14.5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I want to see Steve and Lois Lane team up.
    This all day.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    What's your favorite look for Steve?

Let's go with the following visual breakdown:

Height: (shorter than Diana vs same as Diana vs taller than Diana)

Build: (leaner than Diana, same as Diana, heavier than Diana)

Hair Style: (military buzz vs standard short vs kinda shaggy vs long hair)

Hair Color: (platinum blonde vs golden blonde vs dirty blonde vs brown)

Facial Hair: (completely clean-shaven, stubble, sideburns, goatee, full beard)

Height: Same height as Diana.

Build: Athletically muscular as opposed to bulky muscular.

Hairstyle: Kinda shaggy.

Hair color: Golden blonde.

Facial hair: Stubble.

I like my Steve as an intelligence officer and an agent of ARGUS. It gives him the most to work with in the DCU and amongst all the governmental agencies within the DCU. Alternatively, I could see him, with a couple of other people, being a liaison between an agency and the Justice League.

To me, Steve is the anti-Amanda Waller. Where Amanda is all “the ends justify the means,” Steve approaches situations with far more integrity and care for everyone involved and the outcome of the mission.

Steve has the uncanny abilities to accurately gage people’s personalities and motives and improvise quickly in dangerous situations. As a combatant and fighter, Steve is quite skilled. He’s about as good as person can be right before the skills they’d need to learn to put on a mask and become a caped vigilante. As a pilot, he’s as skilled and as daring as Hal Jordan or Carol Ferris or Bruce Wayne.

Steve’s personality is caring and mostly uncompromising in always doing the right thing. This empathy, morality and his natural charisma makes him a leader people like to follow and believe in. While mostly a serious fellow, Steve does find hilarity in some of the absurdity of his work in a world with extraterrestrials, superpowers, gods, magic, etc. all existing. It’s how he copes and sometimes takes the edge off of the dangerous situations he and his team are involved in. Steve has a hard time turning “off” and not working - it’s a real struggle for him.

While Steve loves adventuring with Diana, he’s most at peace when the two of them can spend time together and shut out the rest of the world. Meeting Diana forever changed Steve - she helped reconnect him with parts of himself he had shut off and compartmentalized.

Steve has his own friendship with Etta Candy - even though they don’t always agree. He really likes Diana’s sister, Donna, and has great respect and affection for Hippolyta and Philippus for their warrior, strategist and leader prowess.

Siggy, Trevor Barnes, Ferdinand, Achilles and Kevin Mayer are some of Steve’s best mates and it’s not uncommon for them to have a guy’s night out

Steve loves talking about piloting with Hal Jordan and they have a friendly rivalry. He’s one of the Justice Leaguers Steve is most comfortable with. Steve appreciates Bruce Wayne’s detective skills and analytical mind and uses every opportunity he can to ask questions and learn from him for his own intelligence work. Steve and Lois Lane have a special affinity for one another from a shared
    experience of being military kids and in relationships with two of the most powerful individuals in the universe. Diana’s affection and friendship with Black Canary has transferred to Steve and he regards her not only as a close friend, but as one of the most capable superheroes on the planet. And he gives as good as he gets from Green Arrow and his snarky comments, which tickles Dinah and Diana to no end.

Diana’s foes that scare him the most are Circe, Cheetah, Doctor Psycho, Inversion and Superwoman. Circe for her raw power and desire to use Diana for her own gain. Barbara Minerva for her raw power, unpredictability and intelligence. Doctor Psycho for his raw power, subtlety and manipulations. Inversion for the lengths someone in that much pain will go to in order to inflict pain on others. Superwoman for her raw power and the fear of what someone who is the inverse of Diana in every way is capable of.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 03-24-2023 at 11:08 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I like my Steve as an intelligence officer and an agent of ARGUS. It gives him the most to work with in the DCU and amongst all the governmental agencies within the DCU. Alternatively, I could see him, with a couple of other people, being a liaison between an agency and the Justice League.

To me, Steve is the anti-Amanda Waller. Where Amanda is all “the ends justify the means,” Steve approaches situations with far more integrity and care for everyone involved and the outcome of the mission.

Steve has the uncanny abilities to accurately gage people’s personalities and motives and improvise quickly in dangerous situations. As a combatant and fighter, Steve is quite skilled. He’s about as good as person can be right before the skills they’d need to learn to put on a mask and become a caped vigilante. As a pilot, he’s as skilled and as daring as Hal Jordan or Carol Ferris or Bruce Wayne.

Steve’s personality is caring and mostly uncompromising in always doing the right thing. This empathy, morality and his natural charisma makes him a leader people like to follow and believe in. While mostly a serious fellow, Steve does find hilarity in some of the absurdity of his work in a world with extraterrestrials, superpowers, gods, magic, etc. all existing. It’s how he copes and sometimes takes the edge off of the dangerous situations he and his team are involved in. Steve has a hard time turning “off” and not working - it’s a real struggle for him.

While Steve loves adventuring with Diana, he’s most at peace when the two of them can spend time together and shut out the rest of the world. Meeting Diana forever changed Steve - she helped reconnect him with parts of himself he had shut off and compartmentalized.

Steve has his own friendship with Etta Candy - even though they don’t always agree. He really likes Diana’s sister, Donna, and has great respect and affection for Hippolyta and Philippus for their warrior, strategist and leader prowess.

Siggy, Trevor Barnes, Ferdinand, Achilles and Kevin Mayer are some of Steve’s best mates and it’s not uncommon for them to have a guy’s night out

Steve loves talking about piloting with Hal Jordan and they have a friendly rivalry. He’s one of the Justice Leaguers Steve is most comfortable with. Steve appreciates Bruce Wayne’s detective skills and analytical mind and uses every opportunity he can to ask questions and learn from him for his own intelligence work. Steve and Lois Lane have a special affinity for one another from a shared
    experience of being military kids and in relationships with two of the most powerful individuals in the universe. Diana’s affection and friendship with Black Canary has transferred to Steve and he regards her not only as a close friend, but as one of the most capable superheroes on the planet. And he gives as good as he gets from Green Arrow and his snarky comments, which tickles Dinah and Diana to no end.

Diana’s foes that scare him the most are Circe, Cheetah, Doctor Psycho, Inversion and Superwoman. Circe for her raw power and desire to use Diana for her own gain. Barbara Minerva for her raw power, unpredictability and intelligence. Doctor Psycho for his raw power, subtlety and manipulations. Inversion for the lengths someone in that much pain will go to in order to inflict pain on others. Superwoman for her raw power and the fear of what someone who is the inverse of Diana in every way is capable of.
    This is brilliantly put. Quick-thinking in a crisis is what he brings on the field

Another member (can't recall who) had earlier written the below which I will add in to your apt description->

Steve is naturally charismatic and has an unbreakable streak of fairness, compassion, loyalty, and morality running through him and that'd be interesting to portray in his leading others in ARGUS, let alone encountering other agencies (Suicide Squad, Checkmate, DEO, SHADE, etc.) in the DCU and threatening criminal organizations (HIVE, League of Shadows, Kobra, etc.)

He's a counterpoint to the Machiavellian Amanda Waller and other evil leaders. He fights for honesty and truth (shades of Diana's character) in his own way, even in the messy world of human, metahuman, magical, mythical, alien, extradimensional, demigod, and divine espionage.

his understanding of spycraft, ability to make connections others might not see at first pass, and empathize with his targets and opponents.

Like Catwoman, I see him as being incredibly skilled at impromptu planning, responses, and actions for the best outcome. Where Batman often thinks many steps ahead and lays the groundwork for his planning, Selina and Steve are both up to that task, but also very successful at quick-on-their-feet planning and judgements when things go haywire.

I love Steve and Steve and Diana together, they fit within each other like a glove. High time to give him his due.

Quote Originally Posted by Donpayne View Post
    This is brilliantly put. Quick-thinking in a crisis is what he brings on the field

Another member (can't recall who) had earlier written the below which I will add in to your apt description->

Steve is naturally charismatic and has an unbreakable streak of fairness, compassion, loyalty, and morality running through him and that'd be interesting to portray in his leading others in ARGUS, let alone encountering other agencies (Suicide Squad, Checkmate, DEO, SHADE, etc.) in the DCU and threatening criminal organizations (HIVE, League of Shadows, Kobra, etc.)

He's a counterpoint to the Machiavellian Amanda Waller and other evil leaders. He fights for honesty and truth (shades of Diana's character) in his own way, even in the messy world of human, metahuman, magical, mythical, alien, extradimensional, demigod, and divine espionage.

his understanding of spycraft, ability to make connections others might not see at first pass, and empathize with his targets and opponents.

Like Catwoman, I see him as being incredibly skilled at impromptu planning, responses, and actions for the best outcome. Where Batman often thinks many steps ahead and lays the groundwork for his planning, Selina and Steve are both up to that task, but also very successful at quick-on-their-feet planning and judgements when things go haywire.

I love Steve and Steve and Diana together, they fit within each other like a glove. High time to give him his due.
    I think I wrote this too. Lol.

Maybe DC should call me?

Thanks for the kind words.

Spectacular Member

They should really call you, you have a grasp on him more than most WW writers.

Question for all:
    Wasn't Steve dating someone at the moment? Etta had let Diana know ? What happened there??

Quote Originally Posted by Donpayne View Post
    They should really call you, you have a grasp on him more than most WW writers.

Question for all:
    Wasn't Steve dating someone at the moment? Etta had let Diana know ? What happened there??
    What you’re describing is pretty much all that we got. I’m not sure if it was a throwaway line or meant to be a subplot to follow up on.

Spectacular Member

What's your favorite look for Steve?

Height: Shorter than Diana for sure (She is an amazon. Amazons should always tower over the average man).

Build: Muscular but not bodybuilder-like. More like a fitness model.

Hair Style: Buzz

Hair Color: Dirty blonde

Facial Hair: goatee or full beard

Should Steve ever put granted immortality ? Like most of us agree that Steve should be the first man the Amazons truth. So what about the first male to gain immortality? And how should he able to get it ? I feel like he should face some challenges?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Should Steve ever put granted immortality ? Like most of us agree that Steve should be the first man the Amazons truth. So what about the first male to gain immortality? And how should he able to get it ? I feel like he should face some challenges?
    I think there’s plenty of situations to explore with Steve given the “right” creative team and the themes they want to explore. He’s been explored so little in modern times compared to Diana or as his own character that there are a lot of opportunities for him to have some interesting things happen to him given the Amazons, Olympians, ARGUS and all manner of Diana’s foes.