Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Im gonna laugh off my ass if we end up getting the final 9 issues thanks to Gunn. And build him an altar, I supose.

I'll get to the main point most want to hear; No there is no "official" greenlight on there being more books but DC does consider the book to be a critical and commercial success and there is enthusiasm for doing more. It just seems a matter of getting schedules lined up, I assume this means DC would want all three artists to be back for more books.

Anyways some nuggets of interest;

• Audience got some pretty neat participation. Played a bingo game of what would come up in the discussion and people who won got little gifts from an Artemis cosplayer. Gene Ha was also doing free form sketches of some audience members.
    • Clayton Cowles talked a bit about making sure the lettering of the Gods had gravitas but didn't get into parody
    • Ha and Scott talked about how the more esoteric scenes where the hardest to draw and pushed them out of their comfort zones.
    • Jimenez talked quite a bit about how much the first issue meant to him as a tribute to George Perez.
    • Mortal Amazons were always part of the plan but Hippolyta being one was an idea that came later.
    • If they get more books, DeConnick wants to do more with Hestia
    • Favorite tribe: Nicola - Seventh tribe, Ha - Athena, DeConnick - can't pick, Jimenez - can't pick, Cowles - Libra (), Shea - Aphrodite/Artemis

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

I'll get to the main point most want to hear; No there is no "official" greenlight on there being more books but DC does consider the book to be a critical and commercial success and there is enthusiasm for doing more. It just seems a matter of getting schedules lined up, I assume this means DC would want all three artists to be back for more books.

Anyways some nuggets of interest;

• Audience got some pretty neat participation. Played a bingo game of what would come up in the discussion and people who won got little gifts from an Artemis cosplayer. Gene Ha was also doing free form sketches of some audience members.
    • Clayton Cowles talked a bit about making sure the lettering of the Gods had gravitas but didn't get into parody
    • Ha and Scott talked about how the more esoteric scenes where the hardest to draw and pushed them out of their comfort zones.
    • Jimenez talked quite a bit about how much the first issue meant to him as a tribute to George Perez.
    • Mortal Amazons were always part of the plan but Hippolyta being one was an idea that came later.
    • If they get more books, DeConnick wants to do more with Hestia
    • Favorite tribe: Nicola - Seventh tribe, Ha - Athena, DeConnick - can't pick, Jimenez - can't pick, Cowles - Libra (), Shea - Aphrodite/Artemis
    Thanks for sharing.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Dc needs ro ordee another 3 already!

The 2023 ComicBook.com Golden Issue Award for Best Graphic Novel

There are comics, and there is Wonder Woman: Historia, a series of three standalone graphic novels that each did a little to change the art of sequential storytelling forever. With Kelly Sue DeConnick weaving a deeply complex story throughout, a trio of artists each brought a section of the tale to life. The last entry in the line was the last to be released this year, and there was little competition on its way to this award. Mind you, that's not a negative note to the other titles in this category, but rather a testament to how thoroughly incredible Wonder Woman: Historia Book 3 is.

A Wonder Woman story in title only, DeConnick's script takes the best part of classic mythology and puts a glistening shade of paint over it, combining old tales with entirely new story angles. In Wonder Woman: Historia Book 3, that follows the angry Zeus as he launches a war against the Amazons, seeking the extinction of the ancient warriors. Nicola Scott's lineart is exquisite, and the layouts are second to none. I've said it many times before, but a combination of the intricate scripting and artwork makes it so Historia pushes the boundaries of what the medium is capable of with every single one of its panels.

Wonder Woman: Historia not only wins our Best Graphic Novel award again this year, but it's one of the best series of OGNs ever released. The work on this title has set a bar creators should strive to achieve in their own stories, and it's something that will serve as the basis of sequential teachings for years to come.

When I saw that there was a post in this thread my heart started beating faster thinking that there was news about the next issues of WW Historia.

Man, if I could turn back time (a tad) I would make José Luis García López be in his prime and be the main artist for this book. His work is an example of the kind of supremely beautiful, uncluttered comic book art that skillfully complements the storytelling while making your eyes feast.
    https://www.facebook.com/JoseLuisGarciaLopezFans/

Oh my god DC, how much will I have to cry and give you money until you decide to move your fucking asses and greenlight more of Historia?????

A Hugo Award? Nice. Don’t know expect it to win but nice to see another accolade.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Oh my god DC, how much will I have to cry and give you money until you decide to move your fucking asses and greenlight more of Historia?????
    Seems dependent on getting everyone’s schedules to lineup, since DC wants the same artists to be on it.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    A Hugo Award? Nice. Don’t know expect it to win but nice to see another accolade.

Seems dependent on getting everyone’s schedules to lineup, since DC wants the same artists to be on it.
    That makes sense, these are very intensive books that have clearly been worked on for a quite a while.

So scheduling has to be worked at so everyone has the time to make their best work on each issue.