Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Wow, I didn't know one of us did the TV Tropes page. Awesome work Gaius!

Thanks, folks. Feel to contribute if there's anything you think I missed. I was waiting until around the trade came out to put some more in, guess I'll have to figure out what the bit I missed was, lol.

Incredible Member

lol Loved reading that page, didn't know it was you Gaius, cool job!

You did the Jurassic League page as well right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    lol Loved reading that page, didn't know it was you Gaius, cool job!

You did the Jurassic League page as well right?
    Yeah, and some other WW-related ones like Hiketeia, Black and Gold, League of One, and Ares' character page.

Yeah, sorry not sorry folks. This is officially going to the ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Ha! No one can blame you. Great work.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

So, we're probably at the point where something should have been announced for issue 4-6 if DC intended to continue it right?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    So, we're probably at the point where something should have been announced for issue 4-6 if DC intended to continue it right?
    Not necessarily. The hardcover isn't even out yet.

Plus Diana is getting a push in September when King's run starts, so they may want to wait to announce it then.
    Last edited by Zagre; 04-25-2023 at 06:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

As it should!

Fantastic Member

I didn't even know what this was, TV Tropes, I mean. I didn't understand the purpose, etc. But bravo to you for this marvelous breakdown!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It sounds like 4-6 have been been greenlit with 7-9 depending on sales, but Kelly Sue has hinted that she doesn't want to move on without all of the remaining volumes guaranteed because ending with 6 wouldn't tell a complete story. So I'm guessing they're waiting to see how the hardcover sells.

Also, new Nicola Scott interview just came out and basically the entire episode is talking Historia (she pretty much confirms that info about the remaining volumes, talks for a brief sec about 4-6 but then prefaces 7-9 with "if they get picked up"). A lot of insights into how she got involved with the book, etc. with some interesting details:

https://www.sifumimichan.com/nicola-scott/

Ridiculously cool thing from vol. 3 that I didn't catch - in the scene where 2 Amazons are performing the Astrophanes play, both performers onstage (Kallikrates, the Amazon with the scarred face who's rescued in vol. 2) are trans! The cis women would never have experienced theater before because they weren't allowed, so the trans women are introducing them to the art form.

Also Sifu Mimi Chan has a big group interview planned with Kelly Sue and all 3 artists so I'm VERY excited for that.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    It sounds like 4-6 have been been greenlit with 7-9 depending on sales, but Kelly Sue has hinted that she doesn't want to move on without all of the remaining volumes guaranteed because ending with 6 wouldn't tell a complete story. So I'm guessing they're waiting to see how the hardcover sells.

Also, new Nicola Scott interview just came out and basically the entire episode is talking Historia (she pretty much confirms that info about the remaining volumes, talks for a brief sec about 4-6 but then prefaces 7-9 with "if they get picked up"). A lot of insights into how she got involved with the book, etc. with some interesting details:

Ridiculously cool thing from vol. 3 that I didn't catch - in the scene where 2 Amazons are performing the Astrophanes play, both performers onstage (Kallikrates, the Amazon with the scarred face who's rescued in vol. 2) are trans! The cis women would never have experienced theater before because they weren't allowed, so the trans women are introducing them to the art form.

Also Sifu Mimi Chan has a big group interview planned with Kelly Sue and all 3 artists so I'm VERY excited for that.
    I suspected that with Kalikrates based around some of the dialogue but was waiting until someone on the team actually spoke on it, though didn't see it with the other one.

Fantastic Member

On YouTube too!

I'm curious, did you only read the first issue or did you read beyond that? The art from Gene Ha and Nicola Scott is much less detailed/over-the-top than Jimenez's but their work is still absolutely gorgeous, especially Nicola's.
    Unfortunately, I have not read beyond the first issue. The story itself didn't blow me away, and maybe that in addition to the art discouraged me from reading the whole thing. I have definitely seen pics of Ha's and Scott's work in the other issues, and I certainly find it more visually appealing, so I might give the whole thing a try to see how the storyline gets resolved.

Forgot to tell here I just grabbed this comic last week, anda managed to read it all 3 numbers on a saturday.

What can I say.

The ending is conclusive enough, but man, do I hope Kelly Sue gets to tell more.