Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Strongest Marvel character that Wonder Woman can beat?

This is current, standard (non-OP form) Diana Prince.

Standard Rumbles Settings.

Mighty Member

If you say current do you mean still including this Wonder Woman:

, or strictly the Wonder Woman since Infinite Frontier, and if the latter just the Wonder Woman after the Sphere of the Gods or before too?

Because that makes a big difference, and the Wonder Woman after the Sphere of the Gods has barely done anything so far.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Do DC writers know that stars aren't solid?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Magic Lasso.

Also, I'm not really clear on what she's doing in that scan. She's "manipulating the Sun's gravitational pull" by pulling it?

And then she's like "It's working," and then we see Apollo doing something by shooting a beam at what I assume is the frozen Earth.

Like, what is meant to be happening?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Also, I'm not really clear on what she's doing in that scan. She's "manipulating the Sun's gravitational pull" by pulling it?

And then she's like "It's working," and then we see Apollo doing something by shooting a beam at what I assume is the frozen Earth.

Like, what is meant to be happening?
    I'll quote someone on this.

Magic Lasso.
    ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'll quote someone on this.

^_^
    Very droll, but I more meant that I don't have context for what she's trying to do and what success looks like and what she means by "It's working!".

If she's... dragging the sun closer to her... and thereby... causing the Earth to recede(?) to it's natural orbit...? Like... that doesn't seem to make much sense to me. If you draw an object closer to the source of a gravitational pull, then it will be effected more strongly by said gravitational field. Why would pulling the Sun closer to the Earth help the Earth "recede," to its natural orbit?

Or is it that the Earth has gone further from the Sun and needs to be drawn closer? It looks like it's frozen so I guess that's it.

But, in which case, why is she pulling the Sun rather than pulling the Earth? One seems an awful lot easier than the other.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Very droll
    I could not resist.

Without looking at the actual issue, reading it, and figuring out what BS strategy it actually was in context, I must concede that I have no idea what's happening either.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

"Hulk is the strongest one there is," and Wonder Woman can easily blitz him and lasso him for the win. The first Rumble that I ever posted in, over 20 years ago, was Hulk versus Wonder Woman, and I got schooled about the lasso.

Magic Lasso.
    I guess to be fair, DC writers also don't realize that cowboys didn't live on Thrymacia or whatever the hell it's called.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I guess to be fair, DC writers also don't realize that cowboys didn't live on Thrymacia or whatever the hell it's called.
    I call it The-mascara. There is a rule of thumb in branding that a name needs to be three syllables or less. If it has more than three syllables, people will call it something else. Paradise Island was too many syllables as well, but at least the pronunciation was obvious. Anyway, I think this rule definitely applies to comics. Captain America has too many syllables, so fans tend to call him Cap or Steve. Martian Manhunter has too many syllables, so readers tend to call him J'onn.

Mighty Member

It wouldn't make any difference if it was. Even if you did that to a planet like earth, the lasso would slice right through it like a cheese cutter (setting aside that it is magic and can thus do whatever). You can't exert planet moving force on something with an inch wide rope and expect it to maintain structural integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    It wouldn't make any difference if it was. Even if you did that to a planet like earth, the lasso would slice right through it like a cheese cutter (setting aside that it is magic and can thus do whatever). You can't exert planet moving force on something with an inch wide rope and expect it to maintain structural integrity.
    I like that we each get offended by a totally different aspect there.

I'm also a huge fan of this lasso stretching a hundred million miles or so, and doing it vastly faster than light, yet still chilling out clipped onto her waist most of the time.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Pretty sure her lasso has been changing sizes for years, depending on her need IIRC.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Do you know what issue this image is from?

Extraordinary Member

Nevermind, found it myself. It's wonder Woman Black and Gold #3. It's an anothology, and this is the third story

Summary

Earth has been knocked out of it's orbit and is now flying close to the sun.

Diana remember Apollo making a threat to burn the world and goes to get him to stop this shit. Apollo refuses, blasts her, and then the pages happen.

Apollo uses his powers to move the planet back into position...and then it starts mvoing towards the sun again. Turns out that Apollo's threat was actually a prophecy. It seems that Greenhouse gases, in addition to trapping heat, also causes the planet to move toward the heat source. The thing responsible for the destruction of Man's world, is man's world.

Then the story ends.

...so yeah, not much additional info to be gleaned there.

Since the story ends on the note of "Welp, no way to save the Earth" I'm going to assume it's non-canon. And the best guess I can offer for how that scene is supposed to be interpreted is that this version of the lasso has the golden age domination powers, and she's magically taking control of the Sun's gravitational field to put the Earth back