Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    This has nothing to do with jobbing, which is why i view it as Damage outright resisting her not just her being surprised unless people wanna argue that she is dumb or really slow not to dodge or react to him ignoring the lasso and bullrushing her into a building.
    You do realize that the lasso revealing the truth in the first place shows that Damage in fact did not resist it, right? And do i truly need to show you a big amount of examples of Wonder Woman, Superman, Flash, and so on jobbing in exact that way against even slower characters than Damage now, for you to accept that this type of jobbing is 1 of the staples for fast superheroes?

Tehnically he doesn't. Banner does, which is what has allowed Hulk to resist soul manipulation before as well.
    Do you have examples, and which versions of Hulk did that?

Also that's not the only way to resist the lasso, since it can break from being forced to face 2 contradicting truths, which kinda goes into the whole Hulk/Banner dynamic and could be an argument all in itself.
    No, Wonder Woman's soul needs to have an issue with accepting the 2 contradicting thruths and at that point the lasso just works as a conductor, but nothing about Hulk seems oureageous enough to even cause this, and the resulting reality warping mess would be not even save for Hulk either because if people just don't believe in him he could get erased from existence as just 1 of countless possible problems.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    You do realize that the lasso revealing the truth in the first place shows that Damage in fact did not resist it, right? And do i truly need to show you a big amount of examples of Wonder Woman, Superman, Flash, and so on jobbing in exact that way against even slower characters than Damage now, for you to accept that this type of jobbing is 1 of the staples for fast superheroes?
    That has nothing to do with him her restraining him. No because it's not jobbing, unfortunately not many people realize that not everything they dislike is jobbing, somethings things simply are that way. It's not like Damage was meant to be a joke, he literally almost killed Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Do you have examples, and which versions of Hulk did that?
    Examples of what exactly? Resisting soul manipulation, i would need to go and find it since it's fairly old and it was Savage Hulk.

No, Wonder Woman's soul needs to have an issue with accepting the 2 contradicting thruths and at that point the lasso just works as a conductor, but nothing about Hulk seems oureageous enough to even cause this, and the resulting reality warping mess would be not even save for Hulk either because if people just don't believe in him he could get erased from existence as just 1 of countless possible problems.[/QUOTE]

Yes, everything about Hulk is outrageous enough to suggest that, he is a walking contradiction. Not even the literal God of Marvel could determine what he is exactly or how to react. I think what's more realistic is he just resists her lasso like DD did several times before and just ragdolls her through it, rather than him being erased lol.

Mighty Member

This has nothing to do with jobbing, which is why i view it as Damage outright resisting her not just her being surprised unless people wanna argue that she is dumb or really slow not to dodge or react to him ignoring the lasso and bullrushing her into a building.
    It is PIS. It isn't that Diana is slow or dumb, the writers wanted Damage to tackle her, so they ignore that she has reflexes and movement speed that allow her to react to stuff moving around light speed and could easily move out of the way, and instead have her stand there and get tackled.
    Tehnically he doesn't. Banner does, which is what has allowed Hulk to resist soul manipulation before as well. Also that's not the only way to resist the lasso, since it can break from being forced to face 2 contradicting truths, which kinda goes into the whole Hulk/Banner dynamic and could be an argument all in itself.
    It is pretty impossible to say whether or not this one-off thing that happened with the lasso would happen again if she used it on Hulk. What she could easily do though is grab him and throw him into space before he realizes the fight started. Unless they have given Hulk lightspeed reflexes and/or the ability to teleport or fly in space recently, he has no defense to that.

Mighty Member

That has nothing to do with him her restraining him. No because it's not jobbing, unfortunately not many people realize that not everything they dislike is jobbing, somethings things simply are that way. It's not like Damage was meant to be a joke, he literally almost killed Superman.
    It's also not like the lasso is meant to be a joke, it is in fact a far bigger deal than Damage, and nothing in that entire scene indicates that he has any crazy magical ability that would allow him to resist, on the contrary it even shows how he gets stopped by it and that it works:

Examples of what exactly? Resisting soul manipulation, i would need to go and find it since it's fairly old and it was Savage Hulk.
    Yeah, examples of Hulk resisting soul manipulation.

Yes, everything about Hulk is outrageous enough to suggest that, he is a walking contradiction. Not even the literal God of Marvel could determine what he is exactly or how to react.
    That don't at all suggets that he somehow represents two each other contradicting truths Wonder Woman's soul would take issue with, nothing about Hulk puts Wonder Woman entire believe-system in question, and not even the Upside-Down-Man:

, had any such effect on her soul

I think what's more realistic is he just resists her lasso like DD did several times before and just ragdolls her through it, rather than him being erased lol.
    Doomsday never broke the lasso, also Hulk is not Doomsday and has no true connection to Doomsday, and even if Hulk could actually resist the soul manipulation he is far too slow to tag a Wonder Woman who don't wants to get tagged by him, is depending on the versions not even stronger than her, and going by rumble standards she could litererally just throw him into the sun if nothing else works.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Whether the lasso works is also kind of irrelevant against Hulk, because Diana can just space toss him, beat him down at super speed, or cut his head off.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Whether the lasso works is also kind of irrelevant against Hulk, because Diana can just space toss him, beat him down at super speed, or cut his head off.
    Decapitation doesn't stop him anymore.

In the Immortal Hulk series he was cut apart and different pieces of him were put in different jars. He was still able to control each of them despite there being no connection.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Decapitation doesn't stop him anymore.

In the Immortal Hulk series he was cut apart and different pieces of him were put in different jars. He was still able to control each of them despite there being no connection.
    Is he still Immortal Hulk? I thought he was taken out of the rotation in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    This is current, standard (non-OP form) Diana Prince.

Standard Rumbles Settings.
    Hmmm, oh, this is a tough one because it depends on what is considered a valid high-end feat for Diana and, as someone says, mileage varies.

When you look at the original Avengers (Hulk, Thor, Iron-Man, Ant-Man and Wasp), I have no doubt she would beat any of them and probably all of them at once. I am taking this as "standard Diana" versus standard versions of these characters, especially Thor.

I'm not all that up on recent events with Marvel gods but I suspect she could defeat most of them. She's strong enough to have comparable abilities except for speed, where she absolutely blitzes them. The one exception may be Odin because of the Odin power. Granted, all of heads of the pantheons are implied to be fairly equal. But that's not true in terms of feats mostly since Odin has a zillion more appearances than the other heads of pantheons. If nothing else, she could speed blitz most of them.

For the moment, I'll put her above the level of the Marvel gods (except Odin). My opinion will vary based on evidence in the thread.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    "Hulk is the strongest one there is," and Wonder Woman can easily blitz him and lasso him for the win. The first Rumble that I ever posted in, over 20 years ago, was Hulk versus Wonder Woman, and I got schooled about the lasso.
    I remember one of the few times as an adult getting into a real life debate. It was WW vs. Storm, which is obviously a slam-dunk win for WW. But I was arguing with a woman who was a fanatical X-Men fan and especially a Storm fan and she wasn't going to acknowledge actual abilities of the characters for anything. To my credit, maybe, I actually said that to her, which I'm sure irritated her but tough.

My first few Rumbles arguments were not really me going by feats though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I call it The-mascara. There is a rule of thumb in branding that a name needs to be three syllables or less. If it has more than three syllables, people will call it something else. Paradise Island was too many syllables as well, but at least the pronunciation was obvious. Anyway, I think this rule definitely applies to comics. Captain America has too many syllables, so fans tend to call him Cap or Steve. Martian Manhunter has too many syllables, so readers tend to call him J'onn.
    I can pronounce it but I still call it Paradise Island or, sometimes, Amazon Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Pretty sure her lasso has been changing sizes for years, depending on her need IIRC.
    Yup. And, pretty sure characters have been doing stuff like physically moving planets for decades and decades.